camera side switching?

Camel with 2 thumbs

Something i've begun noticing when I fight alot of higher level players these days is that whenever the round starts and they start dancing around me, or they combo me near a wall ('specially vs helena, hayate, and kokoro), somehow the camera switches sides, and whatever input i was gonna do ends up being reversed. it's kinda like a 3d fighting game cross up. am i crazy or have other people been experiencing this as well?

WAZAAAAA

I don't know about LR but I do that on 2U on half wall stuns because of how long and predictable they are.
https://u.pomf.is/nxtahk.mp4
This makes the opponent potentially rise forward instead of backward, which means no ground strike invincibility, which means 2P is more likely to land.

Camel with 2 thumbs

Yeah, it's DOA5LR's 3D cross-up and it is a thing. It can cause some salt though lol @og23.

so it is a thing, I knew i wasn't crazy, I guess for wall combos you just have to know it's comming and you can defend accordingly, but is there a way to stop it at the beginning of a round though? No matter how i move it seems like other players can get this off on me no matter what I do

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

so it is a thing, I knew i wasn't crazy, I guess for wall combos you just have to know it's comming and you can defend accordingly, but is there a way to stop it at the beginning of a round though? No matter how i move it seems like other players can get this off on me no matter what I do
holding any direction that involves Back (1, 4, 7) will prevent that from happening because you're perfectly keeping track of the enemy, try setting the Training Dummy to FREE STEP LEFT/RIGHT and see by yourself

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD