Character specific sub-forums?

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Hello all I'm trying to get back into this game to get ready for DOA5. I came on here to read up on stuff I have forgotten about certain characters, but it seems that there isn't a whole lot of information on here in comparison to the old DOAC.

Could someone please point me to a place that does have the type of information I am looking for?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Your post information seems to be conflicting with the topic question. Which are you looking for?

I haven't set up character specific sub-forums since there isn't enough content to warrant splitting that up yet. For now, people are suggested to just create a thread about a character. I'm not going to add boards to the site that will just make it look empty.

As for where you can find the information you are looking for, I'd suggest asking what information it is you're looking for and someone might be able to help you out with that?

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Sorry I typed this up on my phone.

Anyways I am looking to pick up Lei Fang in DOA4 and basically needed a good overview of her character.
For Example: Best strings/attacks, juggles, frame data, crushes, unholdables, untechables etc

Also I would definitely suggest having character sub forums, because without it I think it would just make things hard to find or disorganized. At least when DOA5 comes out.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
As I said, if the content requires sub-forums to be made then I'll make them. For now it's recommended to have a single thread for the character. I'm not going to have boards sit around empty for months. I'll make the sub forums when there's content to fill them.

Allan Paris

Anyways I am looking to pick up Lei Fang in DOA4 and basically needed a good overview of her character.
For Example: Best strings/attacks, juggles, frame data, crushes, unholdables, untechables etc.

Some of her 'best' attacks, off the top of my head; 6P, 3K, P2P (this is a guard stun), 1K, 2K, 8P (This will step linear attacks and it suns on normal hit), 64P (safe move). That's all I can up with. Oh, try P+KP, or 2P+KP, 8P+KP (These are two mid punches and it's safe.) The animation she stomps down with the first punch. When you find that animation, you found the correct move.

As far as her juggles go; I through together a quick video for someone else that went over the lot of her juggle strings. You can find it in the media library; in the tutorial link in the list of categories to the right. I put in one of her unholdable moves at the end of that video.

If you want her frame data, I will send that to you in a PM.

Her crushes that I can think of at this moment are: 1P and 2K. Her 3K is not a crush but it's very good for controlling space. The the hitbox of the move is very good and it beats out most attacks at a long and mid range.

I think Lei Fang is like Jann Lee when it comes to unholdables. I don't believe she has many. Back when I use to play with her I came across one. She may have more that I over looked. I really don't care to sit and figure it out, now.

Untechables, you are on your own there. This too I don't feel like thinking about right now.

This game is not worth 'getting back into'. Leave this headache alone, especially online. Just mash, it's more rewarding than actually thinking.

Allan Paris

Thanks for the overview. I'm playing this game again because I want a good basis for Lei Fang since I will probably be using her in DOA5.

Oh no problem. She is one of the characters I am thinking about using as well. I heard during the E3 event, Lei Fang is not that easy to play with. Me hearing that drew me 4 steps closer to wanting to play with her.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD