:3::K::2::P: +4 on hit

:P+K: +1 on block, launch on CH

:236::P: +25~35 on hit

:1:(or :3:) :P::F+P: +5

:236::F+P: and all its variants (eg :P::P::F+P:) +15

:4::F+P: +8

:1::F+P: +20

synce

Don't have the numbers now but they're not that fast (mid range stuff). The beauty of Kokoro is she can get that +4 2p and the +15 236t from several setups, including some that start with her 10 frame jab

I'm still learning her but I think if you you mix these setups and grabs juuuuust right you should be able to drive someone crazy

Musourenka

:1::F+P: is so crazy good.

Go for a launch with :7::K:, or go for a critical burst setup with :6::6::P+K::P+K::P:, or get 100 damage if you're next to a wall.

Kokomi

Just wondering, does Kokoro have any good Pseudo or Guaranteed Force Techs? And with that, can she just play the heavily offensive game? The only GFT I've found may be :2::H+K:, but it's pretty slow and not so reliable.

Her :2::P+K: is PFT, which is pretty unsafe as well as it leaves her on BT.

Correct me if I am wrong.

NightAntilli

Kokoro's BT game is pretty good. That shouldn't refrain you from using that move. The force techs depend a lot on the weight of the opponent, and the launch height. So, it's kind of hard to give specific setups, considering that in real fights people will be slow escaping and so on.

ScattereDreams

:7::P: - i20, but it's a CB and still a sabaki like in DOA4. A successful sabaki allows her to attain CB in 2 hits. On CH this move is lovely. Your opponents cannot SE the stun on CH, they're only option is to counter, which gives you much time for a delay launcher like 33p+k

:F+K: - While in closed stance, this tracking move puts the opponent into a stagger stun making 66p guaranteed which is unholdable from BT and can't be SE. Not to mention this like one of the only good tracking moves kokoro has.

:6::6::P+K::5::2::P: - On NH or CH. This puts your opponent into a nasty 50/50 scenario where a CB is nearly guaranteed.

:8::P::6::P: - Unholdable that guarantee's a launcher, can also be chained into 236p sit down stun.

:P+K: - Kokoro's refloat that works after knocking your opponent into a most stage danger zones.

BT :P+K: - Still a great high crush, very evasive like it was in DOA4 with it's weird hit box. Sometimes evades mids. This puts the opponent in a sit down stun guaranteeing 7k or can chain into her 236p sit down stun.

:236::F+P: - Kokoro has multiple options from this, including a mid punch that allows her to follow up with a CB in a single hit. Heichu stance is only frightening on oki, and while the opponent stunned since all her options from it are linear.

Heichu :2::P: - Kokoro's best pseudo.

:6::P+K: - Still a great 2in1 like in DOA4, and wall splats as well.

:P::P: - I find this to be frightening, especially when your opponent is down to the last of their health. This is because kokoro has so many options afterwards. All her attack follow ups are linear, but she has a tracking throw that transitions into heichu stance that forces your opponent to counter guess.

FlamingMuffin

:1::T: - Such a nasty setup, I love it. Which would you like, CB, launch, Hi-Counter throw?

:P::K: - Good for keeping pressure with the possible followups

:6::P::+::K: - Now that it stuns, her real only way to open someone up (apart from her throws)

:214::P: - Best whiff punisher. Great for wakeup kicks

:6::6::P: - Safe, damaging i14 mid to close distance

:6::K::P: - Stun cannot be SE'ed out of, so CB/launch must be held

:6::6::P+K::P+K: - Awesome combo ender (with :P+K:) or setup with :2::P:

:236::T: (+ variants) - I'm not a fan of the actual :236::T: but the in-string ones are great

BT :P+K: - Awesome, safe high/high-mid crush into a sitdown for some damaging stuff

:6::P: - Followup P will stop steppers, which as everyone knows, is her major flaw

Honourable mention:
:2::F+K: - Neither ender (with fastest SE) actually guarantees anything but it's still a good high crush

Radiance

:7::P: - i20, but it's a CB and still a sabaki like in DOA4. A successful sabaki allows her to attain CB in 2 hits. On CH this move is lovely. Your opponents cannot SE the stun on CH, they're only option is to counter, which gives you much time for a delay launcher like 33p+k

:F+K: - While in closed stance, this tracking move puts the opponent into a stagger stun making 66p guaranteed which is unholdable from BT and can't be SE. Not to mention this like one of the only good tracking moves kokoro has.

:6::6::P+K::5::2::P: - On NH or CH. This puts your opponent into a nasty 50/50 scenario where a CB is nearly guaranteed.

:8::P::6::P: - Unholdable that guarantee's a launcher, can also be chained into 236p sit down stun.

:P+K: - Kokoro's refloat that works after knocking your opponent into a most stage danger zones.

BT :P+K: - Still a great high crush, very evasive like it was in DOA4 with it's weird hit box. Sometimes evades mids. This puts the opponent in a sit down stun guaranteeing 7k or can chain into her 236p sit down stun.

:236::F+P: - Kokoro has multiple options from this, including a mid punch that allows her to follow up with a CB in a single hit. Heichu stance is only frightening on oki, and while the opponent stunned since all her options from it are linear.

Heichu :2::P: - Kokoro's best pseudo.

:6::P+K: - Still a great 2in1 like in DOA4, and wall splats as well.

:P::P: - I find this to be frightening, especially when your opponent is down to the last of their health. This is because kokoro has so many options afterwards. All her attack follow ups are linear, but she has a tracking throw that transitions into heichu stance that forces your opponent to counter guess.

Updating my old post lol; some will be the same maybe different opinions however.

First and foremost Kokoro is known mostly for being the character that lacks good tracking, but with throws mid string it allows for strong pressure that makes your opponents think twice about SS as well as safe enders so she can fuzzy and stay on her feet.

My favorite heichu strings are :P::P: and :236::P+K:. Both have linear but strong follow ups along with her heichu throw mixup.

I love to use pp at the start of the round to see what my opponents anticipate. She has 5 follow ups although the best would be pp6p and pp;p+g. ppp is unsafe, high, linear but wall splats (legit when opponent is stunned), ppk launches, pp2k is linear, only a real mixup imo when opponent is stunned since she can cancel into heichu, or when opponent has low health and you want to scare this with her pp6p (mid) or pp2k low 50/50. be mindful both are linear.

:236::P+K: on block leads to 50/50's as well, a safe linear mid, or a tracking throw for more 50/50's. On CH while the follow doesn't lead to an unholdable it does lead to an unshakeable stun that puts your opponent into a must hold situation

BT :4::K: and BT :P+K: - If you manage to stun your opponent while BT, these both are sit down stuns and bounds. P+K has a bit more push back on both SDS and bound but you should still be able to get your guaranteed damage. P+K is -4, high crushes, and puts BT opponents in unholdable/shakeable state (but highly unlikely to happen)

:1::K: on CH or once opponent is stunned leads to kokoro's back turned mixup's which are highly under rated.

:6::P::P::P: safe when blocked and if wallsplat leads to heichu force tech situation

:P+K: while this move is unsafe now, it leads to a faint stun in stun/CH. 6P/66p are the only guaranteed moves that work on everyone, both are easy to shake and give you about the same amount of frame advantage, but 6PP will lead to a reset. Now after CH P+K (or stunned), jab works on a small selection of characters which give you more frame advantage to play with. This works on; Zack, Bayman, Leon, Hayate, Busa, Bass, and Raidou. P+K is although a great juggle float.

:4::6::P: and :214::P: are kokoro's best range moves. 214P is neutral if blocked, more range, but slightly slower. Because it's a mid, I consider it the better option for whiff punishing wake up attacks. 46P, a tad bit less range but faster. It deep stuns on NH and launches on CH; this move also has a tracking follow up but unsafe.

:7::P: A critical burst, sabaki, and a mid that crushes high's all in one. If it won't sabaki that high, there's a good chance it will crush it. No, seriously. On CH it leads to an unshakeable stun, also has follow up's in case your opponent SE's your previous move and goes for a punish.

:4::P::P::P: is a true block string that jails on when blocked and and NH combo. When blocked it's -3

Other Notable mentions

66P+K
236P+G
4P+G
2P+K

jjinkou2

i should integrate :214::P: against wake up kick. i use the :1::P+K: since it backdash a little.

something to mention is her :4::H+P: it leads to different mind games depending on the level of your opponnent:
- a beginner , he won't dash away, you 'll have a free :6::6::P:
- an average, he may dash away so you'll have to dash in and use a :6::6::H+P:
- a good player, he could dash or just expect a throw so he will punch you but he 's ready to CH.
- an expert , mind games mind games...

i like also the variants that lead to the same result as :P::K::K: or :H+K:

i would like to play more her BT, but after :1::K:. I'm afraid of beiing hit.

Radiance

214P would be the better option. 1P+K has a long start up, you kind of have to anticipate the wake up kick rather than react for 1p+k to work or else your opponents wake up kick will recover in time for them to counter.

I only use 1k while my opponent is stunned, never on normal hit. I should have also included 4H+P. When her back is against the wall that throw is godly.

Heikou

Standard Donor
66P is also very good for whiff punishing WUK. Instead of just resetting the situation to neutral, your opponent's put into stun, where you can either launch for more damage than 214P, or you can push the stun game for even more damage.

1K string is good in a number of circumstances. It's good as a mixup in stun, great as a force tech, and can even be used to close space if the distance is right. It's more risky as a spacing tool than other moves she has, but it's fairly rewarding, even if it lands on block, since the 3K mixup is great, and you can simply free cancel out if your opponent's respecting it.

Using 4T as a tool for mind games is bad, imo. Better to take your 60+ damage and reset to neutral with a forward throw. If your opponent backdashes, you are only at slight advantage, since you have to forward dash to be in range for literally any move to connect. If our opponent is backdashing, they can also mix you up and just block instead, and you're at disadvantage if you forward dash. Basically just gives you a pretty unrewarding 50 / 50, unless your opponent's unfamiliar with Kokoro and doesn't know to backdash.

jjinkou2

For sure there are better move than 4T. I wanted to give some tips upon a move that is overlooked and is used so few.
One last thing that come into my mind is to used it when your back is facing a fence, an object, a wall or a cliff. Just wait for a throw punishment to use it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD