Community Closing of the Casual Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapstick

The thing about the casual thread was news was posted like the instant it came out there. Now it's harder. If someone finds new dlc screenshots or spots a tweet implying something, where is it going to go where everyone can see it?

Jadeinchains

I hope they make another casual thread, It brought everyone into one thread so larger discussions could be had.

David Gregg

The problem was the thread was 1% news and 99% arguments/randomness/etc... It took scrolling through countless pages just to find something important especially if you didn't regularly check that thread. Maybe if there was a thread for LR news instead.

Jadeinchains

The problem was the thread was 1% news and 99% arguments/randomness/etc... It took scrolling through countless pages just to find something important especially if you didn't regularly check that thread. Maybe if there was a thread for LR news instead.

The randomness made it fun.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The casual thread is dead. It's been locked and will stay locked. We didn't need one thread for anything that popped into peoples' heads at random and it too often devolved into nonsensical arguments and rampant stupidity. Done deal. Not a discussion at all.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The thing about the casual thread was news was posted like the instant it came out there. Now it's harder. If someone finds new dlc screenshots or spots a tweet implying something, where is it going to go where everyone can see it?

Untitled-3.jpg

True. We need somewhere to just....post. to talk. To stay active.

Untitled-4.jpg

Brute

Standard Donor
This thread was created not to become a replacement to the Casual Thread, but rather to explain why it was closed and what actions should be taken now that it is gone. The site has a lot of different features, and when used properly are much more efficient than the clutter that could be found in the Casual Thread without the loss of site activity. It's the same level of activity, just with better organization and less random factors that weren't welcomed even in the chaotic environment of the Casual Thread.

Argentus

Long story short, site lost its main source of activity.

Now I'm searching the site for anything else worth looking at....no real luck yet.

Casual was good for keeping things afloat in between patches and dlc. Ah well.

Malibu

It's the gift and curse of threads like that. It only takes one silly altercation to ruin it for everyone. Just take the argument to PM's if you feel that strongly about it. Chances are you won't change the others person's mind on it.

Long story short, site lost its main source of activity.

Now I'm searching the site for anything else worth looking at....no real luck yet.

Casual was good for keeping things afloat in between patches and dlc. Ah well.

Yea im just posting anywhere looking for some form of something but...all boring stuff.

Chapstick

I don't think you'd want the forums cluttered with a new thread for every piece of news. Of course you could have a "news" thread but without heavy supervision it'd be the next casual thread and would get closed.
It's the gift and curse of threads like that. It only takes one silly altercation to ruin it for everyone.
I can't count how many fights there were in the casual thread or even how many warnings there were from mods

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
The reason I created that thread in the first place was to create an outlet for ppl that just wanna talk.. the chat room doesnt cut it as you have to be then and there when the discussion takes place. Even then you cant backtrack. This especially affects discussions in different time zones.

Not everyone is a competitive player, and not everyone can take the aggressive vibe of a competitive player...

So theres a hair thread and an ass thread and a dlc thread... But what if sum1 wanted to talk about all that at once with a little bit of technicality and maybe slightly go off topic with comparing doa with other franchises (which happens occasionally)? .. they cant now. Simple as that.

Its a known fact that that thread was the most active on fsd. Removing it will not spread out that activity because the other threads are aimed at totally different crowds (or similar yet limited discussions).

So the thread got news popping in it first... So what? Eventually the news made it to the front page by any of the mods or anyone else with the ability to do so.

It was a friendly place.... And everyone in it was having a good time. The first ever post says it all.

I know you dont like it Matt but you can't cater a whole site to less than 1% of the community, which is sadly the hard reality i had to face even with my doa arabia fb page. At least that thread kept the chaos contained and everyone was having fun... Now everythings.... Dead.

Even as a competitive player it was always fun to go there an see whats on everyones mind.. (yes a pro player can be a fanboy too.. imagine that?)

I still think shutting it down was a big mistake. But that can easily be fixed with a simple button click.

In the end its ur site and ur call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD