Characters "Collecting signatures" for changing Brad's Hand Stand command

Do u want or agree that Brad's Hand Stand commad get changed to 9p+k u other not conflictive input?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tulkas

Premium Donor
I saw 5u 1.04 patch changed some commands, especially PL ones, and those changes are quite similar to what many Brad player have wished about changing HS command from 66p+k to 9p+k (or so) since 5 vanilla.

66p+k mades practically impossible to get 6p+k after a 66 (forward dash o early begining to run) and 6p+k move is a important one to Brad for both mid range and stun games.

This situacion is more extensively explained here: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/campaign-dont-overlook-brad-wong.3263/

I think I we can make it for next patch, but it's very important -or even decisive- to have clear how many more pleople "vote" for this HS command change.
UNITY IS STRENGTH !!!

So get aware of this dear brad-mates!

@HoodsXx, @Seppu, @Tones, @ShinQuan, @Patrick Wimmer, @HiguraShiki, @Legend2021, @Demoth, @P1naatt1ke1tt0, @Incognito, @E_Westra, @Moritsuna, @HiguraShiki, @FloatSoFunky, @Belinea, @WiZzYx, @SendMaster, @Nestor Collazo, @dramic91, @ScattereDreams, @Home Consumer, @blackgenma, @CBB, @Bluefire501, @Darth Lotonic X, @Remmy8199, @Aven Kujo-Gin, @Squizzo

Votes are public. Votes of non hardcore Brad players who want to partipate are appreciated too.

Thank you for your support!

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Tossing a free-cancel in there would fix the issue without needing a change but since I'm not a Brad player I'll defer to your judgment and vote 'yes.'

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Tossing a free-cancel in there would fix the issue without needing a change but since I'm not a Brad player I'll defer to your judgment and vote 'yes.'
A free cancel after a forward dash implies many problems:
  1. 66 h is a very risky execution which can end up as a mid kick hold. This could be easily fatal in a real game.
  2. 66 h 6p+k means spending more frames. Even if executed right, it decreases potential/efectiveness of "forward dash then 6p+k" estrategy because this cancelling makes execution longer.
  3. Because of above drawbacks, improvising 6p+k while doing multiple dashes is practicaly discarded. I mean, when you're doing one dash after another an so and also paing atention to oponent's action at same time in order to read an opportunity to pull off 6p+k.
  4. Executing 66 h p+k succesfully is such hard than makes this only possible for the "blessed" players small group, excluding majority of players for using this.
  5. This kind of hard an tricky executions are opposite to the reasonable easy commands DOA tradition.

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Because I edited first post to add some member names, I'm unsure if system triggered alert for calling them to this thread. So I call Brad players again:

@HoodsXx, @Seppu, @Tones, @ShinQuan, @Patrick Wimmer, @HiguraShiki, @Legend2021, @Demoth, @P1naatt1ke1tt0, @Incognito, @E_Westra, @Moritsuna, @HiguraShiki, @FloatSoFunky, @Belinea, @WiZzYx, @SendMaster, @Nestor Collazo, @dramic91, @ScattereDreams, @Home Consumer, @blackgenma, @CBB, @Bluefire501, @Darth Lotonic X, @Remmy8199, @Aven Kujo-Gin, @Squizzo

HoodsXx

Really imo, if they just made it where you could only go into HS from neutral, not from a running status, that would fix the issue entirely. Don't know how easy that would be though.

Tones

Premium Donor
Should of named this "collecting signatures for a Brad Wong sex change". Then raise the HS issue after Team Ninja patched him.

They changed Zack's power blow to 7p+k and they've change the input mechanics (twice, they screwed it up in 1.03 then made a change in 1.04) changing the availability of 33p+h.

I don't get it. There is clearly a conflict within the game (glitch). Team Ninja hasn't done shit about it, people here are saying "so what, not my problem. You deal with it" and others are offering solutions which create their own issue.

Issue with free cancling is the there is still frame delays and still a chance another move will come out. I'd rather be knocked to ground rather than stunned/juggled with +25% damage.

Last edited:

Seppu

this is good, but don't forget about his other issues too. to name a few:

it's still possible to hold out of his handstand limbo stuns, and hs kick after lht :K::8: is useless as it gets incorrectly beaten out by 10 frame jabs, which is a free combo for the majority of the cast (same frames, same damage. both players should be hit).

also i don't know if this is intentional or not, but with 1.04 only :6::H+K: and :6::K::K: were changed to -5, :7::K::K: and lft :h::5::K: are still -6.

HoodsXx

this is good, but don't forget about his other issues too. to naits TNe a few:

it's still possible to hold out handstand limbo stuns, and hs kick after lht :K::8: is useless as it gets incorrectly beaten out by 10 frame jabs, which is a free combo for the majority of the cast (same frames, same damage. both players should be hit).

also i don't know if this is intentional or not, but with 1.04 only :6::H+K: and :6::K::K: were changed to -5, :7::K::K: and lft :h::5::K: are still -6.

They probably didnt feel the need to change those two options kind of dumb but its TN. As for his limbo stun, pretty sure that only happens if you react slowly to actually getting the kick out. As i noticed if you delay the kick then they have a weird timing to hold your kick as they're somewhat turned around due to the weird animation. Otherwise though you camt hold it unless this issue has to do with online. Just as I know for offline its always guaranteed unless you delay your kick.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The limbo stun "issue" is only because of the animation making it so he's closer to their side as they're falling.

The primary reason limbo stuns prevent holding is because it's a stun that puts the opponent in Back-turned state, as long as the attacking player is in the same position. Once the opponent is not in a back-turned state, say you free step to their belly, the opponent is able to hold because they are face-forward now.

The "issue" has always been in DOA since DOA2, it's just a matter of positioning, and the specific move depending on animation can cause him to be put closer to the opponent's belly after the move connects.

Seppu

They probably didnt feel the need to change those two options kind of dumb but its TN. As for his limbo stun, pretty sure that only happens if you react slowly to actually getting the kick out. As i noticed if you delay the kick then they have a weird timing to hold your kick as they're somewhat turned around due to the weird animation. Otherwise though you camt hold it unless this issue has to do with online. Just as I know for offline its always guaranteed unless you delay your kick.
with limbo stuns being stance dependant though, it can be dangerous to just mash out lft kick to launch them.

online especially, it's either wait slightly to see if it's a limbo stun or front stagger (and potentially get limbo held because you delayed too long) or mash out lft kick and potentially get held because it wasn't a limbo stun.

HoodsXx

with limbo stuns being stance dependant though, it can be dangerous to just mash out lft kick to launch them.

online especially, it's either wait slightly to see if it's a limbo stun or front stagger (and potentially get limbo held because you delayed too long) or mash out lft kick and potentially get held because it wasn't a limbo stun.

Well you can clearly tell though which one it is when you actually land it, just gotta be able to recognize the animation of the stun they're in.

HoodsXx

The limbo stun "issue" is only because of the animation making it so he's closer to their side as they're falling.

The primary reason limbo stuns prevent holding is because it's a stun that puts the opponent in Back-turned state, as long as the attacking player is in the same position. Once the opponent is not in a back-turned state, say you free step to their belly, the opponent is able to hold because they are face-forward now.

The "issue" has always been in DOA since DOA2, it's just a matter of positioning, and the specific move depending on animation can cause him to be put closer to the opponent's belly after the move connects.

Thanks for the clarification Mr. Wah.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD