DOA5U "Come On, Let's Play" The General Sarah DOA5U Thread

Dave

NyvBxgU.jpg

With the release of Ultimate right around the corner, I figured this would be a good time to just make a new thread dedicated to all things that have to do with her in the new installment for example combos and other things that only apply to Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. That way things don't get confusing for anyone. Probably won't have much until the game actually releases, but there is one new combo video posted by a member. If you have anything, please post.

NEW COMBO VIDEO:
(Thanks ninjaguy446)

P1naatt1ke1tt0

showcasing a refloating kick/wall combos

I read on Youtube comments that this is a just frame kick of sorts. Is this true? If it isn't it's clearly OP as hell. Hitomi has some of the best wall juggle damage in the game, and with a similar starting combo (44 damage before wall hit), she can do 83 damage total IIRC, with 4kppp. Sarah gets well over 100. Please tell me that this is HARD to execute.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

No matter how hard it is im assuming people will master it soo...

If it has a 1 frame window to TIME the input, it won't be successful 100% or even 80%, with any amount of practice. It's not like Akira's knee, which doesn't require timing, just good fingers. In SSFIV they have plinking, which increases the window on just frame moves from 1 to 2 or 3 frames, i think. Just think about DOA's breakable chain throws, they are supposed to be guaranteed with just timing, right? Well, even Rikuto's throws are broken often.

KidArk

If it has a 1 frame window to TIME the input, it won't be successful 100% or even 80%, with any amount of practice. It's not like Akira's knee, which doesn't require timing, just good fingers.

I'm confused Akira's Knee is a just frame Knee which requires just frame timing not good fingers , there's a rhythm to it ? What are you saying Galen , Slybass get knees off 100% of the time , rarely do you see a drop. If you use a pad you're almost guaranteed to not drop it as it's marginally easier. I'm confused by your argument, Zero's lightning loops with buster are pretty difficult and I can get those off 100% of the time, I say a few just frame knees is no problem.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I'm confused Akira's Knee is a just frame Knee which requires just frame timing not good fingers , there's a rhythm to it ? What are you saying Galen , Slybass get knees off 100% of the time , rarely do you see a drop. If you use a pad you're almost guaranteed to not drop it as it's marginally easier. I'm confused by your argument, Zero's lightning loops with buster are pretty difficult and I can get those off 100% of the time, I say a few just frame knees is no problem.

I don't know much about Sarah's new kick, but what was written in the Youtube comments:

"Sort of but it's not releasing the guard attack in one frame, it's pressing it after doing the move at a specific frame."

so it requires pressing H exactly when the move hits, with 1 frame precision. That's much harder than akira's knee. Again, think about pressing H+P in chain throws at the first possible frame EVERY TIME.

Codemaster92163

I guess we'll see how hard it is once we all get our hands on it.

I'm just suprised that TN thought to themselves "Hmmm...you know who could use a nerf? Eliot. Maybe we should make Sarah better, too."

Dave

I don't know much about Sarah's new kick, but what was written in the Youtube comments:

"Sort of but it's not releasing the guard attack in one frame, it's pressing it after doing the move at a specific frame."

so it requires pressing H exactly when the move hits, with 1 frame precision. That's much harder than akira's knee. Again, think about pressing H+P in chain throws at the first possible frame EVERY TIME.

Pretty sure Jacky has a move just like that. Isn't it Flash Sword Kick? It isn't that hard in Virtua Fighter, and Dead or Alive gives you much more time to execute I think.

This move at 2:06?

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Pretty sure Jacky has a move just like that. Isn't it Flash Sword Kick? It isn't that hard in Virtua Fighter, and Dead or Alive gives you much more time to execute I think.

Well, you've got me thinking... maybe it isn't that hard, at least offline. We'll just have to see. Damn you yankees, you're getting it tomorrow. I have to wait until friday for my copy :confused:

Dave

can anyone help with the combo Challenge?

33H+KK P 3KK can't do..

Once you knock them to the floor you have to immediately move to them to get the punch to connect. It's difficult.

Also what in the actual FUCK is with her flamingo moves? Is something broken or is that just how she plays now? It's hard to move in flamingo and getting a punch out after never works.

HaJiN

Once you knock them to the floor you have to immediately move to them to get the punch to connect. It's difficult.

Also what in the actual FUCK is with her flamingo moves? Is something broken or is that just how she plays now? It's hard to move in flamingo and getting a punch out after never works.

This is exactly the reason why I came to this thread. I saw this when I was playing, and I was really upset by it. After doing 3pk or 4k on block, she pauses for like half a second. It is the weirdest thing ever, and it completely ruins her flow and her amazing footwork. It's bad enough that they ruined her frame advantage (p+k is practically useless now since it only is +1 on block, and 6k no longer seems to connect after it successfully deflects an oponent's move) It's a sad day to be a Sarah player. :(

HaJiN

On a side note, a cool combo I found is - 1k, 33h+k, 33h+k k f, 3pk, 6kk. It even works as a wall combo. Just replace 1k with a move that slams against the wall like 66k.

Dave

This is exactly the reason why I came to this thread. I saw this when I was playing, and I was really upset by it. After doing 3pk or 4k on block, she pauses for like half a second. It is the weirdest thing ever, and it completely ruins her flow and her amazing footwork. It's bad enough that they ruined her frame advantage (p+k is practically useless now since it only is +1 on block, and 6k no longer seems to connect after it successfully deflects an oponent's move) It's a sad day to be a Sarah player. :(

THANK YOU! I was waiting for a fellow player to reply. I honestly was beginning to think it was just me. Everything seems harder in flamingo now, and it all is sluggish and seems unresponsive. I can't even properly step around in flamingo. But the pausing is the absolute worst. Online is even worse.

HaJiN

I am really hoping it is a glitch, but a part of me is saying that it isn't. Sarah's h+k k was +2 on block in DOA5, and it also had that weird pause thing. Now it is practically on everything.

Did you also notice how her flamingo 1kk can knock the opponent out of a stun now once it reaches maximum stun threshold? I miss the old Sarah. I would trade her new move for her old move properties any day. She was amazing in 5, but she was one of the hardest characters to learn.

Dave

I am really hoping it is a glitch, but a part of me is saying that it isn't. Sarah's h+k k was +2 on block in DOA5, and it also had that weird pause thing. Now it is practically on everything.

Did you also notice how her flamingo 1kk can knock the opponent out of a stun now once it reaches maximum stun threshold? I miss the old Sarah. I would trade her new move for her old move properties any day. She was amazing in 5, but she was one of the hardest characters to learn.

It's even worse online. The pause will last longer and it won't even register the inputs you are doing if it even has the slightest lag. It's really frustrating to play as her now. I don't understand why this new move would have anything to do with how she plays now. Also, down P no longer continues a stun, and you can't use a combination of forward P and P to build a stun either.

HaJiN

It's even worse online. The pause will last longer and it won't even register the inputs you are doing if it even has the slightest lag. It's really frustrating to play as her now. I don't understand why this new move would have anything to do with how she plays now. Also, down P no longer continues a stun, and you can't use a combination of forward P and P to build a stun either.

I think that 2p was a fair nerf. Only VF characters had a 12 frame low on CH that allowed a follow up. but it still works near a wall if you follow it up with 44p :)

LoK N Ki

Don't have the game yet, but what seems to be different about her flamingo stance? the transitions into flamingo, or to the moves from flamingo?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD