Community Video Guides

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Who has an interest in collectively making a series of videos covering Leon and various aspects of playing him?

What I mean is as Leon mains we can come up with topics of video discussion, explanation, and demonstration and get the idea out about how he could be a top tier contender (honest opinion there).
For example:
Someone can cover a very basic Leon video :character description, outfits, playstyles (striker with powerful throws), pros/cons, basic information.
Basic strategies: strike combos and throw combos like DF into Dervish but not including air throws, wall combos (no unholdables).
Intermediate strategies: Critical Burst setups and simple CB /launch combos, introduce his launch game, double use of 3P in stun, air throws and advantage of the air throws, Power Blows/Launchers, 2-in-1s.
Advanced strategies: more specialized combos with stricter timing such as CB 8PPP > Air throw as it requires a buffered dash and using his charged PB as hold bait, one guess setups and 33P setups, 3K from blocking a wakeup sweep that can be chained into either a launch or what I like to call "The Fork" 46P unholdable. Situational throw punishment (6T or 4T or go balls to the walls with 46T?)
Various videos that cover a variety of environmental combos (with explanations why the combos work only against a wall or in open space). I would think it would take an entire single video just to cover home and maybe two others to cover everything else but Danger Zone.
And whatever we can think of.

It could be one person covers one video, two work on another, even everybody coming together on key moments of gameplay both online and offline as an example of how differently Leon can be used in any given situation.

Bringing this up now because starting next week I'm going to be getting a little more time to devote to things that aren't work and I've been meaning to do something along these lines for quite some time despite not having that great of a video editor. I want this to also be a community thing as well so we can get more people to play as Leon and even put our names out there as sources of information.

SweetSauceBoss

I for one have been waiting for something like this to come up. I know we have Leon tech in the threads but this is where we all can pitch in and come up with the ultimate Leon character tutorial. Now, I'd like to participate but only after I'm out of school as that and work kills most of my time. Also, need to get DOA5LR on ps4 too xD. Count me in though, for sure. More details as more free time comes.

SweetSauceBoss

I'd really like to get super in-depth with him, so far as to going into his command list and going through even single move and utilizing every one since he really only has a small list (67-68?). That could be a video. For sure I'd like to model our videos after @Timasty and his extensive Pai character breakdown, if we could. VIdeo for each his strikes, throws and holds. Videos of all FTs, pressure game, unholdables and the like. Then a couple videos covering individual stages. For me, it'd be easier to have short videos and compile a playlist but that's just me. Love to hear your guy's thoughts.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I was definitely considering doing the command list video for a while. That in it's own could be 45-60 minutes just going through NH, CH, HCH, BT, and crouching or make separate a small series just for the command list.

SweetSauceBoss

Small series would be great too, covering strikes and throws seperately. If we can compile everything together, we can just make a character stream for him but whichever is easier or more convenient. I'd be down to host it. More free time for me. Also, great finds @XZero264. I knew the Scramble throw combo for a little bit hehe.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Which one? The lower air throw from the DZ or the cliffhanger combo? That cliffhanger combo was the first one I think Emperor Cow found.

Lulu

You make the videos and I'l watch'em.... eventually.............maybe.
Leon is Awesome, hits harder and throws further than Rachel.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Once I finally figure out when I can actually get my electrician certification from school and when some work issues start to smooth out I can get to work on the intro video. Right now I'm working way too much and with too much aggravation to even make anything videogame related a priority tuntil late at night and I'm ready to pass out.

SweetSauceBoss

Little by Little, watching different kinds of tutorials from this and other games. Coming up with a rough draft of the project so we can get this started. Honestly, I don't think the project will be complete until the Halloween costumes are out x,D but it's going to be done.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
You guys up for this? Putting together a simple trailer and I want to try and push it out tonight and have it say something along the lines of "content by Leon players of all skill levels." Not sure if I want to put names in it because I don't really know who is interested in this or would have the time to dedicate to a community video series. I know I would start getting time to throw some videos together after NEC aside from doing what Sly Bass is doing and put out a small tip every so often.

@DontForkWitMe @SweetSauceBoss @Argentus @Sly Bass @D Glock @Jefffcore @DestructionBomb

Tag a friend you know who might be interested.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Never mind about the trailer for tonight, I'll get it out if I can but I'm gonna be out of the house for a bit. Turns out my video maker can't handle MP4 so I'm gonna have to get creative.

Last edited:

Argentus

You guys up for this? Putting together a simple trailer and I want to try and push it out tonight and have it say something along the lines of "content by Leon players of all skill levels." Not sure if I want to put names in it because I don't really know who is interested in this or would have the time to dedicate to a community video series. I know I would start getting time to throw some videos together after NEC aside from doing what Sly Bass is doing and put out a small tip every so often.

@DontForkWitMe @SweetSauceBoss @Argentus @Sly Bass @D Glock @Jefffcore @DestructionBomb

Tag a friend you know who might be interested.
I'm game though I can't PLAY the game ATM lol so all I can do is link my Ultimate vids I have on Facebook

DontForkWitMe

Gonna have to regretfully sit this one out. I have alot on my plate with work and personal matters and the little free time i'll have will be used in going balls deep into fallout 4 for the rest of the year.

Lulu

Gonna have to regretfully sit this one out. I have alot on my plate with work and personal matters and the little free time i'll have will be used in going balls deep into fallout 4 for the rest of the year.

And thats why I don't play RPGs anymore.... lifes too short and they are too long.

Argentus

Lucky me I never really got into fallout. 3 and especially NV wound up boring me within a couple hours. Retried em here and there but meh.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD