Completely new to this game, any tips?

TakedaZX

I want to main Hayate and I'm not sure how to start, I don't know how combos work in this game etc etc etc
Well first off welcome to FSD and DOA. I hope you enjoy your time with the game.

If you want to learn the basics of DOA4, DOAUMaster has a set of videos up and this will explain the basic concepts of DOA to you. There have been a few changes since to DOA since he made these though, but you'll learn those soon enough, once Emperor_COW brings out all of the DOA5 tutorial videos. You should be able to access all of the videos up until 8 which was the last one he made.

As for Hayate, I am writing up my own guide for him, which is in the Hayate section that you're in right now. If you're on the PSN we can lobby up and I can show you some stuff, as well as give you Hayate tips.

TakedaZX

no usb keyboard either but sure, psn is HoussineI <---that's an i
Damn... you should pick up a cheap ass one or I can add you to the skype group instead and we can talk there assuming you're typing on a laptop. As long as we can type, it'll make things easier.

Hayate is an excellent character to start with... If I were you I'd start my training regiment in the training mode. Get familiar with Hayate's moves then start breaking down individual match ups. I made some thread that I'm about to update with what I think are his maximum damage options

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Don't rush on the character choice. Hayate is cool and a good choice, but make sure you understand the system mechanics first. As a good overview I would suggest watching @EMPEROR_COW 's tutorial videos. understanding the system better wI'll help make it eeasier to understand Hayate.

Jaguar360

Allan Parris also has a helpful beginner tutorial for Hayate in the Hayate forum if you want to watch that after you feel more comfortable with the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD