DARK SOULS

Brute

Standard Donor
It has armor and weapons and bad guys. Oh, it's vague and confusing as fuck all the time.

So, this is basically the place to discuss the games regarding tips, strategies, general opinions or if you want to link up in multiplayer, share which game(s) you have on what platform(s).

Currently, I'm playing Dark Souls II on PS3. I first made a bandit (because they were awesome in the first game), but they fucking suck in this one so I restarted with a knight and have been having a lot more fun.

SilverForte

Haven't been able to play it yet as I haven't really been able to buy new games over the past 3 years, I look forward to finally playing the 1st one soon.

Brute

Standard Donor
@His Reverence what does hummanity do?
Turns you into a human, or lets you reinforce a bonfire.
Turning into a human keeps your stats at 100%. Being hollow reduces your resistances to elemental effects and the like. Being human also allows you to be invaded by other players, but allows you to summon other players for help (or occasionally NPCs, such as before boss fights). Reinforcing bonfires can be done by spending one humanity while you are already human. IIRC it increases the amount of Estus Flask drinks you get for resting at that specific bonfire.

HOW DO GET RID OF POISON??????
Certain items will remove poison (some type of fungus in the first game, iirc. open your inventory and search item descriptions). Resting at a bonfire also will remove poison.

In general, getting poisoned just sucks ass, and the entirety of Blighttown is just retarded as a result. Try and upgrade your characters' poison resistance as much as possible to increase the amount of poison damage you can receive before being poisoned.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I have DS2 on PC and am enjoying it. I quite like a lot of the system changes to the game but playing as a Sorcerer is harder than I thought it'd be. Finding a good balance of armor to speed is my biggest ongoing challenge.

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
There is an area past the blacksmith, where you can farm tree-like enemies that drop Purple Moss. There is a Titanite Demon in the way between the blacksmith and the enemies. You can always run past him!

There is a bonfire down Blighttown as well. It helps.

Where are you right now?

Woo, I get a little transparent Ayane on each post!

Sure would like a censored Ayane nudie render as my avatar, though.
*Sigh* Oh well. Thus is life.

=P

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Use the edit function. I tend to not like having to merge posts and there's no reason to double or triple post. Most people use the What's New? feature.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
At least poison in DS1 didn't make you terrified for you life, that was Toxic's job. Poison got quite the damage buff in DS2.
Something about DS2 doesn't feel right though. As hard as it was to initially beat the games the final bosses in both games are kind of a let down (same with Demon Souls but for an entirely different reason) Gwyn you could parry and had no Cinematic. Sashandra you could summon two phantoms and I had the Giants Kinship so right after the Throne fight I immediately fought her and still won with my faith/strength build without even needing to do any cqc (pew pew lightning and sunlight everywhere) when both phantoms were killed almost immediately at the start of Sashandra.

Don't me wrong, I love the series but there are times when some bosses should not take more retries than final bosses. I have more problems fighting Vendrick of all bosses than with Gwyn and Sashandra combined.

Regardless, lore is there. Artorias forever.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
They exist now?

Humanity also increases luck for the player and damage for the Abyss Greatsword (I forget the number but I think the limit is 10 for the increase and the AG is part of the dlc).

FOr the gargoyles you kind of have to take them on one at a time. Its a pain but that's really the only way to do it without co-op help or strong burst magic.

Edit: Yay spoiler tags!!!

Brute

Standard Donor
Any advice on the 2 Bell Gargoyles? I'm getting pissed. Attempt 19..............
It's been a while since I played them in DS1, so I can't say for sure. But if you attack their tail, you can dismember it, and get a free weapon! ;)

His Reverence

Premium Donor
Any advice on the 2 Bell Gargoyles? I'm getting pissed. Attempt 19..............

If you have a humanity, turn human. Upon climbing up to the fog gate, you will see a summon sign on the ground. That is your sunbro, Solaire. Summon him and play defensively while he shoves lightning spears up their ass.

Do NOT waste humanities. Being human allows you to summon help for bosses.

What class are you?

Brute, that weapon is useless x]

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm having an issue regarding armor in DS2. Very minor spoilers.

I just beat the Smelter Demon and everyone says I can buy his armor from Maughlin in Majula. But I've checked a bunch of times and it's not there. Help?

But collecting all the weapons is fun.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
@Brute
you have to spend 16000 souls at the armor seller. That or restart the game and retalk to the guy. You do get some armor by being hollowed with 0 souls after spending the 16k souls and talking to the guy. You get various boss armor for sale after you beat them

RyuxSama

If you have a humanity turn human. Upon climbing up to the fog gate, you will see a summon sign on the ground. That is your sunbro, Solaire. Summon him and play defensively while he shoves lightning spears up their ass.

Do NOT waste humanities. Being human allows you to summon help for bosses.

What class are you?

I am a wanderer class. And I got the drake sword, but I have to two hand It, or else its too heavy for me.

His Reverence

Premium Donor
I am a wanderer class. And I got the drake sword, but I have to two hand It, or else its too heavy for me.

Here is a little trick to farm up enough souls to get stats up for 1 handed:
Climb up the undead burg bonfire ladder. Go up the stairs unto the top of the bridge where the hellkite is. Aggro him and run back down the stairs, towards the bonfire. The Hellkite kills the (5) hollows for you while you are on your way to reset them at the bonfire. Rinse and repeat for a bit so that you can level your stats.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD