Day 4 of IPL's 12 Days of DOA: La Mariposa Breakdown

Day 4 of IPL's 12 days of DOA is here. I swear it feels like just yesterday that I posted up the previous breakdown. DrDogg continues to breakdown many of the new characters in the latest build that didn't make the cut in the Electronic Entertainment Expo build from June. He has given a breakdown of La Mariposa's current revision, though he unfortunately has not revealed her secret identity we'll just have to wait until the release to find out.

La Mariposa practices lucha libre style wrestling. This is a style known for its quick movements and high-flying attacks. In DOA4 she even was one of the few grapplers with a non-breakable combo throw. Check out DrDogg's article to read more about her changes such as her new run stance "Carrera":

6UajN.jpg

DrDogg said:
We know Team Ninja is still making adjustments to the game, and if we had to go out on a limb, we’ve got to assume La Mariposa’s new Carrera running stance is at the top of the list. An skilled player can easily interrupt almost any time La Mariposa attempts to use the Carrera stance after a blocked attack. In the best case scenario, the high punch can’t be interrupted, but even if it hits, it doesn’t lead to much. Still, if the attack that leads into the Carrera connects, the opponent will have to deal with a plethora or options that should result in a hit for La Mariposa.

In addition to the new running stance, La Mariposa is slightly safer when her attacks are blocked. We assume there’s still more adjustments that will be done because the new side step feature in DOA5 allows an opposing player to easily evade all of La Mariposa’s options whenever she takes to the air (which is when we had the most fun with her). However, if you can freeze the opponent in place, many of her attacks are now considered guard breaks, and give ample advantage to either land a guaranteed follow-up attack, or continue her offense.

Source: IGN Pro League via DrDogg

Usually these type of characters lack something and tend to be hard to play with, like El Fuerte (even though it's from a 2D game the character archetype is very similar).
From what I read, La Mariposa wasn't very good in the previous game. I hope TN did a good work giving her the right tools this time because she's an amazing character.

Thanks for the article Dr. Dogg.

Somehow, i'm not too excited anymore after hearing of her problems. Seems like the same old crap from DOA4 -_- Oh well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD