Day 7 of IPL's 12 Days of DOA: Bass Breakdown

Day 7 is here. Bryan has put up his breakdown of Bass Armstrong. Suffice it to say, he's better than he was in DOA4 by far. The guy is back to being a scary monster with powerful attacks and devastating throws. I'll summarize the article for all the Bass fans out there: :cool:

Basst.jpg

DrDogg said:
While Bass won’t be playing the stun game very often (most of his attacks are single hit knock down moves), his Critical Burst is one of the best in the game. It’s about the same speed as most other Critical Burst attacks, but it’s safe if blocked. Couple this with the fact that it stuns on normal hit (the opponent can counter out of this stun), and you have a very dangerous attack on your hands.

Against Bass, you have quite a few things to worry about. If you block any of his guard breaks he has advantage in the best case scenario, and is safe in the worst case scenario. If you attack in the middle of his two hit strings, you risk being put in a sit-down stun. If you block, you’re eating another guard break. If you side step, you may eat a throw, and if you break the throw you’re still at a disadvantage. Then if Bass connects with various attacks, it slams you to the ground and gives him a guaranteed ground throw… which leaves at advantage yet again. The only real weakness Bass has is the fact that he’s a little slower than other characters, but we when say, “a little” we mean that. The difference is minimal and hardly noticeable in most cases.

Source: IGN Pro League via DrDogg

Bass looks great in this game, I love his new model. Look at those muscles! Now he doesn't look so fat anymore lol. One thing that gets me though, he's no longer blonde. Maybe he dyed it? Haha

Bass = possible OP? :3

Looks like we'll have to pay close attention to frame advantage with Bass so when facing him we'll know which attacks will be faster than what he'll throw out.

Bass and Tina BOTH good in the same DOA? AND Bayman? AND Jann Lee (hopefully)? AND Christie is not low? A DOA game where ninjas DON'T dominate the tier list?

77734_o.gif
-I feel bad for those who only played Doa2u and Doa4. You guys may very well see what true Doa is.

Cross-posting this from the other thread.

One thing that made Bass' GBs useless in DOA3 was because we has susceptible to low throws.

I can take a wild guess and say that these moves/strings will have GB properties:

:6: :6: :P:
:6: :6: :K: (GBs in DOA4/DOAD)
:3: :K: :K: (string now ends with the DOA4 high Stomp kick, which I'm guessing is the new GB kick)
:P: :K: :K: (again, ending with stomp kick)
:7: :P+K:
:1: :P+K:
:F+K: (Maybe? It's wasn't too unsafe)
:6: :P: :P:
:9: :P: :P:
:9: :P: :K: :P: (Maybe. It has the mid-low mix-up, but you can see the mid from a mile away)
:1: :K: :P: (Most highs should have frame advantage on high anyway).
:4: :P: :P: :P: (Last punch guard breaks. Has high-mid mix-up)
:1: :P: :P: (Second punch is mid. Has high-mid mix-up and can transition into TFBB)
:3: :3: :P: :P: (Second hit GB. Most people forget about this one, so it catches them off guard)

Also, does :2: :P: :P: still high crush? I swear, I've tried it a hundred time both in practice and against AI, and it seemed to go under jabs and highs. I think it's one of his best moves.

I want to see more YOOOOOOUUUSHOOUUUUUUUS.

The ninja's didn't dominate DoA3's tier list =P

I know. But, unfortunately, DOA3.1 didn't get a fair run in tournament spotlight. So the good that is known about that game is only known to small number of people.

But THIS time, there will be a fair shot of good spotlight hitting DOA, and it is with an iteration that doesn't have ninjas on the top! It's a BEAUTIFUL thing!!

I know. But, unfortunately, DOA3.1 didn't get a fair run in tournament spotlight. So the good that is known about that game is only known to small number of people.

But THIS time, there will be a fair shot of good spotlight hitting DOA, and it is with an iteration that doesn't have ninjas on the top! It's a BEAUTIFUL thing!!

We really don't know that yet.

Bass was made fun again in his DOAD showing, and since then, I've been planning on having him as another main once 5 shows up. I'm really, really excited for him (:

Bass was made fun again in his DOAD showing, and since then, I've been planning on having him as another main once 5 shows up. I'm really, really excited for him (:

Although I do agree he was made better in DOAD, I personally didn't have any more fun with than in DOA4, which wasn't much. However, I see myself having tons of fun with him if he stays this way until for the rest of time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD