Dead or Alive 2: The New 56 (Dreamcast Mod Series)

Hello There, Welcome To My Dreamcast Mod Series!

This Certainly Won't Be On Any Dreamcast Mini.

LeiTinaTag1.jpg
KasumiAyaneCode.jpg
TinaSpanking.jpg

Give You The Lowdown On How This All Came Together.

The Final, The Prequel, The Vanilla & The Prototype Timelines Now Dubbed The New 56.

TheNew28.jpg
Tina42Oclock.jpg

Fourteen Characters X Four Timelines = 56!

--------The Final Timeline-------

Final 2021/Tengu Edition, The Final Rehash, Loving Twice, Five By Five, Twenty Eight.

One Zero, Wishful Mags, Code Chronus, All Bets Are Off, 42 O'Clock.

Fiction Of Life, What Awaits You, Not So Premium, A Different Look.

Trust Tina Plan, Dive Into 56 & Ending The 56.

--------The Prequel Timeline--------

Time Ninja, Loving Infinity, 7th Heaven, Cloud 9, End The 28, Action 28, Vanilla Bonkers

Dive The 42, Playmakers, Five Stars Match, Whatever Else, Trust Kasumi Plan & Five Six Cheated.

--------The Vanilla Timeline---------

The New 42, Cursed Danger, Yawning All Day, Phoning This In, Close The K-Files, Trust Ayane Plan.

56 O'Clock Show.

----------The Prototype Timeline------------

The New 56, Before February & Hold Tina Budget.

JannDojoDreamcast0.jpg
KasumiDive057.jpg

We Truly Are In The Prime Of This Series!

History Is Important. Real Knowledge Is Also Important. So Is Archiving Which Is Also Very Important!

RyuGreenhorn1.jpg

Way way way back around beginning off 2010, there was a certain Dead or Alive 2 mod available for the Dreamcast. Little did I know about modding myself. I'd read up on who was behind this golden treasure who was behind "Ultimate Edition"? His name was Mr. Green Ranger. After tracking him down on his YouTube channel. I questioned everything I could about this game. What we all should get playable for the next big mod update! Okay he was kind enough to answer me back to all my burning questions.

AyaneLookAt2.jpg
GenfuBayman1.jpg

We got something going too, my request for a Dreamcast T-Shirt paid off much later on! I've found out he was posting on a now long forgotten totally lost Dreamcast forum room.

At that time there was another name Dee4doa, yep the same member here.

Over those old times, Mr. Green Ranger & Dee4doa were both together posting every week with something brand new! I was overlooking whole progress personally. Any new news on the next release date.

LeiFangEndNew28.jpg
KasumiTinaEndTheNew28.jpg

Years went by nothing wasn't happening! Can we bring over the Hard*Core levels?!?!?! That Light Was Burning Away.

Well that was until September 2015, the Final release from Mr. Green Ranger came out with no real fanfare.

Now was my time to finally start learning the trade, the modding business! I went on that forum room, took nearly all the key information.

Then I got myself a Hex Editor just dived in forwards.......Okay this was struggle a mile here.

The website was long gone sadly, the Wayback Machine didn't save the website.

Thankfully I did save what was needed with all important Hex Address's.

BassJannTag1.jpg
KasumiFinalStory207.jpg

Lets Skip too end off 2020, The Atomiswave craze was taken upon a storm.

This was a big key thing as learned more about the SD Serial Adapter. This Device plugs in the back off your Dreamcast basically acts as a GDI readable playing thingy!

That good Device alone has helped me out with this entire mod series! Building up the GDI's by myself after knowing full well DoA2 was playable by using the SD Serial Adaptor.

Everything was gelling up rewiring everything my mindset was set on.

Part One, Final 2021/Tengu Edition came out October 2021.

Now Today? Forty Chapters Worth Now.

TinaKasumiShoes.jpg
LeiJannTagC1.jpg

You get THREE Builds worth off content with full off New Costumes, Music, Dialogue & Stages. My Main Goal was the overall Presentation itself.

I may not be the top talent of this Mod Community. Oh boy have I done my Absolutely Best to Overhaul this Legendary Game from top to bottom!

Alot more to do & discover though.

AyaneHelenaChat.jpg
KasumiTimeNow.jpg

Yeah I still have certain Dream List. Like seeing those unused Cut Scenes, fixable DoA3 Stances, those Hard*Core Exclusive Features, PS2 Stages like restoring that Dojo stage, Tengu's Holding Staff, Bayman CPU, more C1 updates, a New Tag Team Stage, Raidou & India models restored ingame use and add more weather effects for the White Storm like the PS2 did! Fixing Background Wallpapers For Widescreen Play. PS2 Hard*Core English Dub Available On The Dreamcast Too ,Why Not Eh?!

Okay I know this is all possible but that's out off my range.

Checkout the Screenshots & Videos too please!

RabbitC2.jpg
KasumiTopping0.jpg

https://archive.org/details/@cpldwaynehicks11

For All The CDI's & GDI's, U Need. Back Up The Newest Releases If You Want Too.

This Works On Real Dreamcast Hardware & Emulators!

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7562

Where to read up everything that's been posted by Mr. Green Ranger & myself overhypely.

Page 7, 8 & 19 for those Hex Address's!

https://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2015/09/dead-or-alive-2-final-hits-dreamcast.html?m=0

The Dreamcast Junkyard Blog, they did a nice enough writeup for this long time ago now.

I Love Dead or Alive 2 on the Dreamcast just as much as Shenmue 1 & 2.

Since 2000, I've been thinking about this everyday. I think about why couldn't we have Dead or Alive: Hard*Core on the Dreamcast?!

The Dreamcast can do what the PlayStation 2 can do!

So Yeah That's Been My Main Goal, My Reality My Today For Everyone To Play.

I've Done All I Can. Yes Hopefully Can Keep On Moving Forwards So Please Enjoy.

Five By Five!

42o'clock5.jpg
LeiFangBets33.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the very kinds words & likes. I wasn't playing the Rabbit until Final was out! I've had fun writing up everyone dialogue up twice.

Here's To The New Generation, hope you check this fresh video out off Wishful Mags with the Rabbit!

Deathofninja, I'll give you all the breakdown right here everything I did personally.

Widescreen Mode support since Part One release.

You Get Two Builds. The Old Build from Mr. Green Ranger with Kasumi Schoolgirl C5, Jann Lee C4 Bull Tattoo, Zack C2 New Hair...This was completely rebuilt up by me to be made as The Prequel Timeline.

The Final Timeline is a rebuild off last Final release. You get new Tina Poster, The Final tag in the DoA2 Logo at the start, The Rabbit, Helena in her Opera Dress.....so both builds you play kept away from each other exclusive contents so you go back & fourth. Keeps everything fresh & more fun to play if you get what I mean on The New 28.

This was Painful to do....Added "Hitomi" Voice Announcer "Get Ready" "Fight" over the original. Took Me A Month Oh Was Worth It!

Tengu aka Greenhorn, Ryu Hayabusa, Jann Lee, Lei-Fang, Gen-Fu all get the C1 update for both Timelines. Last three took me too Part 9! Ugh.

Lauren is now playable as Tina C6. Since Part One.

Tina's Modeling Stockings now C4 since Part 7. Helena Mother was C4 up till Part 6.

The Snow Miyama now replaces The Danger Zone for Watch & Vs modes.

The Story Mode Dialogue, Ingame Dialogue & Soundtrack Track List get a near full rewrite with each Chapter.

New Music Soundtrack. I do my best on this one with ADX music oh the nightmares. Added better Jingles also bringing back Bomb Factory to the opening intros more recently.

Yes the English Version to How Do You Feel? now plays in Wishful Mags!

The Logo Menu screen always mix that one up.

You Now Fight Greenhorn Tengu twice in Story Mode since Loving Twice!

Restaged many Story Cut Scenes around for everyone.

The Editor Stage, The Undulation Checker, Snowing Miyama and the Desert stages now all appear playable in Story Mode. Removed the Danger Zone altogether expect for one time in Part One.

Alyson Court/Claire Redfield soundbytes are my watermarks during the Team Ninja & Temco boot screens. Part One had the DoA1 start sound.

Mr. Green Ranger boot up logo on the Dreamcast start up screen now restored back since Wishful Mags.

Totally Overhauled The Best I Could with the knowledge I had in hand. Amazing what I did just glad I backed up didn't throw away the key in defeat. I love this game can't always wait upon someone else with these thing so had to do something!

Thanks again hopefully this real indepth look helps out more, please enjoy The New 28!

Oh okay. I was wondering if there were gameplay changes among moves or damage modifications, but this is still pretty cool. I burned Final and Action 28. I really liked the transforming level with the big, checkered pit and the large slope. I played on that slope for a while because it's by far the deepest and longest one I've ever seen in a fighting game lol.

Deathofaninja, You are the First Person out off this entire year to say I Burned these on disc! I haven't burned at all since made Part One, I only play on the Serial Adaptor now. Further questions why many channels turned down playing, plugging this everywhere. The few who did, wanted a CHD for there Xbox One Series, that one out off my hands. I do want this all playable in all forms. Thank you again for telling me we can still burn the CDI & Play.

No new advancements on movesets nor damage output. Out off my hands on that one why mess that isn't broken. Time & Research right there as not stable enough to fully edit. Xbox side you can get all that but why can't the Xbox mods not having full on Overhaul Story Mode edits too? Can be done on the Dreamcast afterall.

The flashing floor lights I like too. I wish that stage was for Tag Team Mode, someone please look into the code!

Awesmic, you are the First Person to actually get the reference! Oh Indeed I've Pushed the Dreamcast very limits how much more fun can actually do beyond Retail Vanilla.

Share & Support please. Love to have more people playing over on the Dreamcast side.

Deathofaninja, You are the First Person out off this entire year to say I Burned these on disc! I haven't burned at all since made Part One, I only play on the Serial Adaptor now. Further questions why many channels turned down playing, plugging this everywhere. The few who did, wanted a CHD for there Xbox One Series, that one out off my hands. I do want this all playable in all forms. Thank you again for telling me we can still burn the CDI & Play.

No new advancements on movesets nor damage output. Out off my hands on that one why mess that isn't broken. Time & Research right there as not stable enough to fully edit. Xbox side you can get all that but why can't the Xbox mods not having full on Overhaul Story Mode edits too? Can be done on the Dreamcast afterall.

The flashing floor lights I like too. I wish that stage was for Tag Team Mode, someone please look into the code!

Awesmic, you are the First Person to actually get the reference! Oh Indeed I've Pushed the Dreamcast very limits how much more fun can actually do beyond Retail Vanilla.

Share & Support please. Love to have more people playing over on the Dreamcast side.

I've played a good chunk of it. Dreamcast is always fun. This article has been promoted to the front page. If you could do a little proofreading that would be awesome. The main issue I see is "alittle" in the first sentence. Anyways, thank you for your contribution to this community. :D

The one thing I'm interested in knowing is how did you make the slope so deep in the checkered pit? I've truly never fought in a slope that large. If you make more adaptations of your modded mixes in the future manipulate the environment as much as you can. I really love that.

I've been playtesting Chapter 15 all day today, no issues. Happy to release Tomorrow, how does that sound?!

Deathofaninja, Thank You So Much For That! Right real struggle just to get one more person to play across YouTube & Twitch! The Time & Research was all on me to get the Dreamcast back at top modding level, certainly have no regrets at all.

If I was able to make a New Stage, OMG?! That Stage Number 07 with the Ramps/Slopes. I assumed was called Test Zone 2 when actually the real Stage name was The Undulation Checker. Easy Hex Number swap over to get the stage up. I was planning including that level for VS/Watch, last time I'd tried to swap over more levels the game crashed up.

These are all 45 Stage Files, you see on the top DOA2 Game's Folder.

Stage00- The White Storm
Stage01- The Arial Gardens (Daytime)
Stage02- The Danger Zone 2 (Survival Mode)
Stage03- The Blue Cave
Stage04- The Great Opera (Dark Burning)
Stage05- The Death Valley
Stage06- The Editor Stage
Stage07- The Undulation Checker (Ramps)
Stage08- The Danger Zone 2 (Sparring + Tag)
Stage09- The Danger Zone
Stage10- The Great Opera
Stage11- The Great Opera (Lower Level)
Stage12- The Demon Church
Stage13- The Demon Church (Lower Level)
Stage14- Kasumi's Cloning Blob Stage
Stage15- The Arial Gardens (Night time)
Stage16- The Arial Gardens (Lower Level)
Stage17- Helena's Elevator Stage
Stage18- The Miyama
Stage19- Unknown Stage ???? Cat-Walk Modeling (Maybe)
Stage20- The Spiral
Stage21- The Dragon Hills
Stage22- Bird Object
Stage23- Bass' Ally Stage
Stage24- The Bio-Lab
Stage25- Leon's Desert Plains
Stage26- Dummy Stage
Stage27- The Miyama (Winter Snowing)
Stage28- Young Tina, Cliff Cutscene Stage
Stage29- Bass' Living Room
Stage30- The Dragon Hills (Lower Level)
Stage31- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage32- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage33- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage34- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage35- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage36- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage37- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage38- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage39- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage40- The L's Castle
Stage41- The Buida Zehn
Stage42- The Buida Zehn (Lower Level)
Stage43- The Bamboo Forest
Stage44- Jann Lee's Dojo (The Koku-an)
Stage45- Dummy Blank Stage

I'm no Texture Guy. I'm no Blender Guy. Certainly like to invest more into the actual levels secrets. Finding Dojo & Catwalk Hex values like been Day One for me! I believe the Cat Walk shares certain same Hex Value number with another level...check the video below here. This never popped up for me at all!

Thank You, again! This Means The World To Me.

I've been playtesting Chapter 15 all day today, no issues. Happy to release Tomorrow, how does that sound?!

Deathofaninja, Thank You So Much For That! Right real struggle just to get one more person to play across YouTube & Twitch! The Time & Research was all on me to get the Dreamcast back at top modding level, certainly have no regrets at all.

If I was able to make a New Stage, OMG?! That Stage Number 07 with the Ramps/Slopes. I assumed was called Test Zone 2 when actually the real Stage name was The Undulation Checker. Easy Hex Number swap over to get the stage up. I was planning including that level for VS/Watch, last time I'd tried to swap over more levels the game crashed up.

These are all 45 Stage Files, you see on the top DOA2 Game's Folder.

Stage00- The White Storm
Stage01- The Arial Gardens (Daytime)
Stage02- The Danger Zone 2 (Survival Mode)
Stage03- The Blue Cave
Stage04- The Great Opera (Dark Burning)
Stage05- The Death Valley
Stage06- The Editor Stage
Stage07- The Undulation Checker (Ramps)
Stage08- The Danger Zone 2 (Sparring + Tag)
Stage09- The Danger Zone
Stage10- The Great Opera
Stage11- The Great Opera (Lower Level)
Stage12- The Demon Church
Stage13- The Demon Church (Lower Level)
Stage14- Kasumi's Cloning Blob Stage
Stage15- The Arial Gardens (Night time)
Stage16- The Arial Gardens (Lower Level)
Stage17- Helena's Elevator Stage
Stage18- The Miyama
Stage19- Unknown Stage ???? Cat-Walk Modeling (Maybe)
Stage20- The Spiral
Stage21- The Dragon Hills
Stage22- Bird Object
Stage23- Bass' Ally Stage
Stage24- The Bio-Lab
Stage25- Leon's Desert Plains
Stage26- Dummy Stage
Stage27- The Miyama (Winter Snowing)
Stage28- Young Tina, Cliff Cutscene Stage
Stage29- Bass' Living Room
Stage30- The Dragon Hills (Lower Level)
Stage31- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage32- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage33- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage34- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage35- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage36- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage37- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage38- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage39- Dummy Blank Stage
Stage40- The L's Castle
Stage41- The Buida Zehn
Stage42- The Buida Zehn (Lower Level)
Stage43- The Bamboo Forest
Stage44- Jann Lee's Dojo (The Koku-an)
Stage45- Dummy Blank Stage

I'm no Texture Guy. I'm no Blender Guy. Certainly like to invest more into the actual levels secrets. Finding Dojo & Catwalk Hex values like been Day One for me! I believe the Cat Walk shares certain same Hex Value number with another level...check the video below here. This never popped up for me at all!

Thank You, again! This Means The World To Me.

Whenever you want to release a new creation, I'm sure there will be players here to check it out. Thanks for your contributions to the site and to DOA2. This sort of material is what keeps the game going for as long as it has.

I've completely renewed my first post, hopefully better understanding.

Chapter 15, The New 28 going to be dealing with the whole Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden reboot saga.

I'm Very Happy for Tomorrow!

LeiFangGreenhornBetThis.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: All Bets Are Off!

CDI

GDI

First A Big Huge Thank You! Wow over 1k within A DAY! Okay lets get that Internet Fame in my head already.

Yes This Is Chapter 15, brought this forwards for you! You folks right here especially you Deathbyaninja for your amazing Front Page Plug. Hopefully you burn this one too.

Yeah the Dreamcast has now gotten stiff competition since the original Xbox Live came back online with Ultimate. The Dreamcast has more advantage with its custom Story Mode mods so I'm happy to continue making them hopefully with no issues. I made fifteen this year alone so no one beating my record at all.

So Support, Share, Like & Enjoy this very long mod series. Very likely to keep on going in the New Year now just show me or tell me you playing.

Five By Five.

View attachment 37455

Dead or Alive 2: All Bets Are Off!

CDI

GDI

First A Big Huge Thank You! Wow over 1k within A DAY! Okay lets get that Internet Fame in my head already.

Yes This Is Chapter 15, brought this forwards for you! You folks right here especially you Deathbyaninja for your amazing Front Page Plug. Hopefully you burn this one too.

Yeah the Dreamcast has now gotten stiff competition since the original Xbox Live came back online with Ultimate. The Dreamcast has more advantage with its custom Story Mode mods so I'm happy to continue making them hopefully with no issues. I made fifteen this year alone so no one beating my record at all.

So Support, Share, Like & Enjoy this very long mod series. Very likely to keep on going in the New Year now just show me or tell me you playing.

Five By Five.

Haha. Yeah, I'll give it a burn and play it later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks. It's always fun to see the game in a different way after playing it for so many years.

KasumiWallpaper2022.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: Vanilla Bonkers!

CDI

GDI

The New 28 Continues On With Chapter Sixteen.

I Did Say We In The Series Prime Oh Made This One Extra Special.

So Support, Share & Spoil Yourself You Know Xmas Afterall.

Five By Five!

View attachment 37556

Dead or Alive 2: Vanilla Bonkers!

CDI

GDI

The New 28 Continues On With Chapter Sixteen.

I Did Say We In The Series Prime Oh Made This One Extra Special.

So Support, Share & Spoil Yourself You Know Xmas Afterall.

Five By Five!

<3

I'm going to have to buy more discs soon!

The New 28 Era Now Completely Over.

Countdown To The Final 42, Begins On This Very New Year Off 2023!

KasTime2023.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: 42 O'Clock!

CDI

GDI

The New 42 Continues On With Chapter 17.

Picking Up Where Vanilla Bonkers Left Off On.

Absolutely Hard*Core Packed.

TinaNew42.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: The New 42!

CDI

GDI

The New 42 Continues On With Chapter 18.

I've been setting up towards a New Direction for this series since All Bets Are Off.

Making this new Third build can expand on the story alot more. This time within the realms off being based upon the Retail Vanilla version! Uh Oh.

Look if Sonic 1 can have a simple Bugfix then suddenly declare itself a Brand New Thing so why not this?!

As Added Bonus for Chapter 18, you get the Undulation Checker stage on Watch & VS mode.

One Problem the CGI Gallery no longer works just a blank screen now. Simply just tap the B button to exit out back to the main menu. So Sorry.

Please Share, Support, Play & Lets Keep On Expanding Throughout 2023.

Dead or Alive very own Final Crisis, you can play right now today! Yeah come on Xbox when are you going to pull this one off?!

Make Sure To Play Chapter 17 before this one though.

This Is Very Real, Only For The Dreamcast!

Up to you help towards Chapter 19 & beyond so don't miss out on this.

Five By Five!

KasumiDive05.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: Dive The 42!

CDI

GDI

Clash All Three Timelines!

Evil Vanilla Hayate Crossed Over Too The Prequel Timeline.

The Entire Prequel Cast Won't Be Going Down So Easily.

So Please Share, Support & Enjoying Playing This Series.

Five By Five.

Countdown Now Over.

KasumiFinalStory20.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: Fiction Of Life!

CDI

GDI

The New 42 Continues On With Chapter 20.

Evil Vanilla Hayate Truly In The Final Timeline?!

Final Crisis Reached The Dead or Alive Universe.

Hope You Enjoyed My Grant Morrison Style Of Writing Story Mode Week!

So Please Enjoy, Share, Support & Lets Keep Going With Our Dreamcast Throughout 2023.

Onwards To Chapter 21.

Five By Five!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD