Dead or Alive 5 LAST ROUND Weight Classes

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Thanks to the release of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, there's been (minor) updates to the Dead or Alive 5 weight classes.

In short, the only change from DOA5 to DOA5U was ALPHA-152 being made the lightest character in the game. She's also the lightest by a far margin. How far? She's roughly launched 40% higher than the difference in launch height between the (now) Super Light and Super Heavy weight class. You could technically classify it as having 8 other empty classes between her and the second lightest character. The launch height difference between Eliot and Bass is smaller in height over the launch height difference between ALPHA-152 and Eliot.

So the following are the weight classes for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate from lightest to heaviest:

• Feather
    :alpha152:
  • Super Light
    :eliot::hitomi::kokoro::mila::momiji::sarah::mai:
  • Light
    :ayane::kasumi::honoka::marierose::phase4:
  • Welter
    :leifang::pai:
  • Middle
    :akira::bradwong::christie::ein::hayabusa::hayate::jacky::jannlee::lisa::naotora::nyotengu::rig::tina::zack:
  • Cruiser
    :helena:
  • Heavy
    :genfu:
  • Super Heavy
    :bass::bayman::leon::rachel::cyborg:

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Team NINJA said she was the first female to be a super heavyweight (If you don't count :spartan: as a female that is I guess).

TRI Mike

Are those bazillion weight classes gonna mean anything or are we just gonna tone it down to light, mids and heavies again¿

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Are those bazillion weight classes gonna mean anything or are we just gonna tone it down to light, mids and heavies again¿

You can tone it down however you like. Those are the different weight classes, there are some juggles that may only work on Super Lightweights and not Lightweights though.

Brute

Standard Donor
Thanks to the release of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate,
Wait, what?

I was under the impression that we'd be waiting another week for this type of info. when the game gets a public release.

PS: The alpha thing is good news.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Wait, what?

I was under the impression that we'd be waiting another week for this type of info. when the game gets a public release.

You can ponder the meaning of this message, but it will only make you bitter.

TRI Mike

Helena being heavier than Akira, Jann, Ein and Busa... my head hurts. I've always seen Tina as the bigger girl in the series and turns out there's a bunch of them heavier. My god.

Now, if this is like vanilla, both Fu and Hele will be midweights for practical purposes. I take Tina's CB juggles as an example, the "midweight" variant connects against them but not Bass and Bayman and now I guess Leon and Rachel.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD