Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be at EVO this year!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Screenshot_2018-05-22-09-18-16.png

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??! Imagine how this will shape up the future of DOA! I'm so excited for this!!!! ^.^

More info about it is found here at this site:
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/evo.html

This is basically what the site also says too:

Inviting our fighters to celebrate 22 years of the iconic fighting series, DEAD OR ALIVE (DOA), KOEI TECMO Europe is excited to announce, “DEAD OR ALIVE EVO Showdown 2018” at Evolution Championship Series 2018 (EVO 2018) from the 3rd to the 5th August 2018, featuring DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round! This grand celebration of the DOA fighting franchise will offer fans the opportunity to meet fellow competitors and gain access to some exclusive merchandise which will only be available at EVO 2018.

“To the DOA fans and fighting game fans, thanks to you all we are proudly announcing that DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round will take part in the world's largest fighting game festival EVO.

5 years have passed since the DOA5 series started and it's been played by more than 10 million gamers. Meanwhile, the DOA community has expanded to become larger than ever before.

To proceed to the next stage, we announced the end of the DOA5 series in December, but to my surprise the god of fighting games has given us another chance to let players enjoy this franchise at an event once more.

Though it's a side tournament, the fact that DOA is joining EVO itself is key, and something which we have been longing for over 10 years.

So, I hope you will join and enjoy the show!”

Yosuke Hayashi (Producer), Yohei Shimbori (Director)
DOA5 series

A special DOA5 Last Round tournament will be held during the event, to mark the title’s first major appearance at EVO. For those who are ready for the challenge and wish to enter this unforgettable showdown will be able to register at a later date; more details will follow in the coming weeks. Fans who wish to join the celebrations are able to register for tickets on the EVO official website in the coming weeks; a further registration will be required for entrance to the special tournament held at the event

Onryoki

Standard Donor
LoL... oh... I thought it took Marvel's Spot... oh well... still great news...

Although rather short notice, Will players have time to prepare ?
It’s a game, you prepare by playing the game. If you’re good at DOA, your skill doesn’t fade away because you haven’t played it in a bit.

Shirataki Tsume

Finally, this game gets some respect and exposure as a fighting game. I hope most people from the community will also bring positivity towards this game as well because I'm getting tired of hearing "DOA5 is dead, nobody cares about it anymore", and finding out the huge number of disloyal players is more than I have ever seen in a fighting game community. I actually don't wanna say this, but I can't stand keeping it in my head any longer. Some people don't appreciate that DOA5 is one of the most visually appealing fighting game out there as well as one of the most complete content wise. They just seem to value age over beauty, replayability, amount of content, and competition.

I'm not even originally from the DOA scene, but I'm being supportive towards this game more than the fighting game I originally was as of now.

I still feel bad for MvCI though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Its apparently a side tournament tho and based from reactions from most players so far it doesn't seem of importance or noteworthy at all

I low-key regret even bringing it up since people are downplaying it and making me feel foolish for having any remote enthusiasm. TN might as well not even had a side tourney tbh

Lulu

It’s a game, you prepare by playing the game. If you’re good at DOA, your skill doesn’t fade away because you haven’t played it in a bit.

I meant Travel Preparations...

Some people might have commitments that weekend...

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Wow... you are grumpy.
I’m not having this argument with you again because you’re assuming (as usual).

Anyway, I really don’t see the point of going to EVO if you got other commitments that weekend, that’s all I’m saying.

Lulu

Anyway, I really don’t see the point of going to EVO if you got other commitments that weekend, that’s all I’m saying.
Yes... YOU don't... others might... still doesn't explain why you got snappy at me out of the blue.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD