Dead or Alive CG animated series/movies

Do you think DOA needs to have cgi animated series/movies?

• Total voters
Anyone thought about a Dead Or Alive CG animated series/movies? Recently King of Fighters are doing a series whereas Tekken did movie. DOA must be behind when it comes to animated series and I feel like they need to do so in order to milk their franchise and increase the popularity of the characters.

Your thoughts?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I probably prefer CGI over live action for DOA anyway, the previous DOA movie didn't do justice. The thing with KOF is that they are already popular, but the main goal of the episodes by SNK is to do a rough explanation of the story regarding Fatal Fury and history behind characters along with providing stuff that was never explained before and shedding light to newcomers. Does DOA need better explanation of the story? I would say yes, but it's harder to provide one now seeing as DOAD's story is out and the topic of days if it's the true main story or not due to the retcon. Have to wait on TN for that one. It would certainly milk their franchise (they already are anyway heh) and 'maybe' increase popularity of characters. If they did make one, 80% of the episodes would be about Marie Rose and Honoka anyway HEH.

I mean, it's not like Episode 4 of DOA would be about HitomiXLeifang with the following day on a thread on why Episode 4 was so great (just kidding!)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think so, CG costs money and it wouldn't be as profitable for TN as just making a copypast costume pack would be. Plus Tekken only made a CG movies because Harada didn't like how the live action adaptions turned out, plus Blood Vengeance wasn't even canon.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I don't think so, CG costs money and it wouldn't be as profitable for TN as just making a copypast costume pack would be. Plus Tekken only made a CG movies because Harada didn't like how the live action adaptions turned out, plus Blood Vengeance wasn't even canon.

Thank goodness it wasn't.

Don't get me wrong. Most of the fight scenes were relatively decent, except for the very last one where everything just turned into a full-on DBZ skit. Plus, there were a massive number of inconsistencies from perspectives of the game it is based on and the story itself.

The idea of a CG DOA series is not a bad idea (that is, if TN does so without Dimensions being taken into consideration. Because, Dimensions unintentionally made both Kasumi and Ayane seem a bit weaker than they initially were as characters). However, creating such a series is absolutely no easy task obviously.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thank goodness it wasn't.

Don't get me wrong. Most of the fight scenes were relatively decent, except for the very last one where everything just turned into a full-on DBZ skit. Plus, there were a massive number of inconsistencies from perspectives of the game it is based on and the story itself.

The idea of a CG DOA series is not a bad idea (that is, if TN does so without Dimensions being taken into consideration. Because, Dimensions unintentionally made both Kasumi and Ayane seem a bit weaker than they initially were as characters). However, creating such a series is absolutely no easy task obviously.
As long as Hayabusa is in DOA I don't think they should go through with it, they'll include him in all boss fight scenes to make the characters appear weaker as if he was the reason they survived like:

:kasumi:~ Saving Kasumi with that kunai from raidou, saving her from Lisa in DOA2 when she escaped herself in the original story, slapping her, and saving her from Helena at gunpoint when Kasumi likely was prepared since she can teleport, and then making that stupid appearance when she confronted alpha 152 just to basically tell her she was on her own

No hate on Ryu but he overshadows everyone to the point where it seems like no one in DOA is a match for him, the way TN is going he might as well be the protagonist XD

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Anyone thought about a Dead Or Alive CG animated series/movies? Recently King of Fighters are doing a series whereas Tekken did movie. DOA must be behind when it comes to animated series and I feel like they need to do so in order to milk their franchise and increase the popularity of the characters.

Your thoughts?
An animated adaptation of the canceled Code Cronus would be perfect.

Perhaps a few mini episodes to serve as character prologues for DOA6 would be great too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD