Devil May Cry Thread

Jackie Chan Fan

I'm a fan of the series since the first game on PS2. That's when I learned to love action games. Played every game except DmC.

The latest trailer focused on Dante and I'm hyped!

And this is the very first trailer shown in E3 and Gamescom

-----

Update:

Here are some TGS gameplay for Dante and Nero.

Last edited:

dg1995

huge DMC fan here.

One thing I always like about DMC is that it was always more accessible compare to Ninja Gaiden games.(That were mostly exclusive games on one console without that much rereleases)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm definitely gonna get this game, Trish looks gorgeous! <3

IMG_20180920_031938.png

IMG_20180920_011020.jpg

DyByHands

DMC is my 2nd favorite action series, behind NG. I can’t wait to get and play 5. I loved 1&4 but 3 has been my favorite. I still need to grab the updated versions of the old titles for my PS4. And Ive yet to play 4SE & DmC, but I will soon to get ready for 5.
Everything is looking so good. And I am really hoping that Lady, Trish and Vergil are or become playable in 5 also.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What turns me off tho is what I'm hearing about micro transactions, how does that work in a game like this?

DyByHands

What turns me off tho is what I'm hearing about micro transactions, how does that work in a game like this?
From what Ive read, its for people who want to buy all of the abilities right at the start instead of progressing in a natural way. Or stockpiling items. From what I understand DMC4SE had this aswell, the purchaseable orbs.
And it should be noted that the devs have said that the natural orb/money balancing didn’t include the pay for orbs idea. So there should be no grinding because of bloated ability costs and you can still progress the same as older games. Just now theres an “easy” pay option for folks who want it.

I have read that there will be some kind of multiplayer element. Depending on what kind of MP, paying for items/abilities could get messy maybe. IDK.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
From what Ive read, its for people who want to buy all of the abilities right at the start instead of progressing in a natural way. Or stockpiling items. From what I understand DMC4SE had this aswell, the purchaseable orbs.
And it should be noted that the devs have said that the natural orb/money balancing didn’t include the pay for orbs idea. So there should be no grinding because of bloated ability costs and you can still progress the same as older games. Just now theres an “easy” pay option for folks who want it.

I have read that there will be some kind of multiplayer element. Depending on what kind of MP, paying for items/abilities could get messy maybe. IDK.
Ah I see, that does seem tempting but I don't wanna burn money that way, I just would rather grind tbh xD I also hope that maybe we can choose who we play primarily since I'll stay more interested in the game if I can play Trish from start to finish tbh

just_me

Standard Donor
I think the game overall looks pretty cool… but I really don't like how the characters look. I guess they land right in the uncanny valley for me.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, it kinda looks a bit strange looks wise like how Injustice 2 did, now I can see why games opt for a more soft approach to faces xD the game still looks great tho, especially Trish, this will definitely sate those Graphic freak's graphical desires hands down unless they downgrade it like that puddle situation in that Spiderman game >.>

Jackie Chan Fan

The microtransactions only lets you buy lots of red orbs instead of earning it. That way, you can unlock/buy the characters skills, and perhaps, upgrades, without grinding in the game. It's like EA's pay for cheats years ago. Capcom already did it for DMC4 Special Edition.

My only concern in this game is that Dante could be sidelined again, just like in DMC4. I hpe it's not the case. I hope the multiple character setup is just like RE6 where different characters have different playthroughs.

Last edited:

dg1995

MTs aren't a big problem here. Itsuno doesn't sacrifice progression for MTs and he even made DMC 4 SE less grindy compare to vanilla DMC 4.(SE give you double the amount of red orbs and souls)

just_me

Standard Donor
Here is the source that proves that MTs don't have any negative effects on progression in DMC V:

As you can probably see in the comments… it's irrelevant.

Someone somewhere will find the game too grindy, the price of consumables too high, the larger Orb stashes too well hidden etc. and then blame it on the existence of Microtransactions… and you can't really disprove that.

It doesn't really bother me (besides the fact that I think the “skill purchase phase” is the most boring part in general)… at this point anyway, since we have no clue how many Orbs will be necessary to max everything out etc.
They must have known that this won't be well received and I really wonder if companies try to build up enough hype to then sneak in a bitter pill lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

I get the feeling 5 will be the passing of the torch to Nero like 4 was originally supposed to be. I like the preorder recolours though, they're mostly references too.

Dante - black hair, black/red coat, white shirt = DmC Dante
Nero - all white = The Order of the Sword
Lady - dark skin white hair and white clothes = Gloria

Idk what Nick and Lady reference if anything.

Lulu

About Microsoft buying Ninja Theory? MS announced it on E3 last June.

Seriously ??? LoL... man must be living under the world's largest rock to miss that news.

Also I'm kinda upset... I always hate it when an independent studio gets bought and now their stuck making exclusives... worse yet... this is Microsoft so on PC theres always the threat of them not putting it on Steam or locking it to that god awful Windows 10.

Sigh...

Oh well... its done... :(

Atleast Super Giant Games is still free right ? I've yet to be dissapointed b them...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD