Did any of you quit DOA? If so, do you still play but for fun, taking a break, or never coming back?

Because of the game's current direction, it has discouraged us from playing this game anymore even to the fullest.

Do you play for fun now, taking a break, or never coming back?

Also what about if you still have DOA1-4, still play them instead of 5 and 6?

If you are never coming back, sorry to hear but at least there are other fighting games more worthy than DOA to play instead of giving into the lust and greed of Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja.

DOA will never stay the way it used to and times have changed meaning we must accept what is to come even if the same applies to DOA7.

Argentus

I don't really play fighting games at all anymore. Re installed doa6 a while back just for the helluvit and was just reminded how it's a hollow shell of a doa game and wound up deleting it again.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
DOA6's untimely "demise" just made me want to go back and replay all the old games again and finish up some things I left undone (though I also played DOA5LR from time to time). The first time I played them I hadn't chosen Tina as my main yet, so it was a different experience trying to be the best I could with her in each game. For some reason I got to the point where I felt really good playing as her in DOA1 of all the games, lol. It was also a refreshing and interesting experience after playing so much DOA5/DOA6 to see how much the series has changed and reflect on what I feel are the strengths of the series and what still makes it my favorite 3D FG series. This is something people working on the series should do... me doing it pretty much just makes me end up dreaming about a future for the series that will probably never happen. :/

But I'm not really a very social or even very competitive gamer anyways, so I come from a different perspective than a lot of other hardcore FG fans. I guess I consider myself more of an FG enthusiast. DOA was the first FG series I decided to try to get competitive with, with DOA5 being the first I actually went to tourneys for, but I'm not someone who needs that to enjoy FGs. As a kid I used to do things like unlock all the endings in Street Fighter EX +A or Tekken 2 and 3 and then delete my save file so I could do it again and again (totally would have done with with DOA3 and DOA4 as a kid if they existed then, I'm sure). But I can understand the idea that someone might not find it as easy to go back to old FGs because the competitive scene isn't there for them, simply because most old FGs tend not to maintain their scenes.

Even though I prefer to play DOA5LR when I feel like playing some DOA, I do like to boot up DOA6 once in a while still just so I can feel like a boss from playing with Tina and Lisa again, lol... I can't go online though, I can't afford XBL Gold right now.

Also the DOA Dimensions cart has been in my 3DS for a very long time. If I know I'm going somewhere with a lineup I'll probably play it.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

I still play the older games occasionally but that's partly to put my 360, Vita and 3DS to use. I will sometimes load up 5 and 6 on my PS4 but that's only when I'm particularly bored. Even then, there's so few people playing online that I usually just go through a quick run thru arcade or time attack.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I felt like I had to kinda distance myself because the main consensus of the game is that it's bad but tbh I like 6, I wish it had more and had some more things in it but I still won't stop playing it. It's just kinda empty atm

P2p1mbs

I felt like I had to kinda distance myself because the main consensus of the game is that it's bad but tbh I like 6, I wish it had more and had some more things in it but I still won't stop playing it. It's just kinda empty atm

I felt that the base fighting gamplay is fine but I'm sure the main problem people have with 6 was the way the game was handled overall starting from the claim after announcement that they were toning down the fanservice all the way to the hair rental scandal which I am sure is what caused TN to abandon the game.

I still like playing 6 sometimes but with so few people to play with, it gets tiring really fast.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I felt that the base fighting gamplay is fine but I'm sure the main problem people have with 6 was the way the game was handled overall starting from the claim after announcement that they were toning down the fanservice all the way to the hair rental scandal which I am sure is what caused TN to abandon the game.

You can tell they were really sending out mixed messages about fanservice when you have people either feeling like:

A) they said it would be toned down but it was just lies again
B) they gave into Evo/ESports and "western tastes" and did tone it down

Not my wording (actually, some word it worse, with some blaming not just Esports but the whole "FGC" as if we're all anti-sexual competitive brodudes or something), but that's what I see being said. Most people seem disappointed over it either way.

But I haven't seen any praise of the gameplay from anyone. It ranges from "it's fine" at best, to "DOA5 was better", to "garbage" at worst. DOA5 did things differently compared to past DOAs, but it (eventually) ended up doing what it was doing really well. Others can explain this better than me, but it just didn't feel right to most competitive fans. I'm not even very competitive and I didn't feel like it felt right. Literally the only reason I find any enjoyment from DOA6 is because I love the new moves it gave to Tina and Lisa. And on top of that, the stage design.. I think Unforgettable is the only stage I enjoy and it's still far from my favorite in the series. And I think most would agree it had the worst story mode in the series. And we're not even getting to the the graphics/animations, which most people could be fine with without scrutinizing it, but I think anyone who really notices the differences after DOA5LR would be disappointed.

There seems to have been an issue with every aspect of the game, and the issues started as soon as the game was announced and the messages coming from the devs. Death by a thousand cuts, I guess.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I didn't quit DOA as a whole no, but I have distanced myself a bit from discussions about the game where possible because most DOA6 discussions end up boiling down to either people defending it for whatever reasons or people dogging on the game for various reasons. While I don't like DOA6 I try not to say too much of my feelings because that just opens a rabbit hole of people expressing their complaints about the game lol.

I feel DOA6 is just soulless, so for me I just play my modded DOA5 on PC if I wanna play DOA or play DOA2H on my PS3 I'd play DOAU, DOA3 and hell even 4(which I personally find worse than 6) but I only have current Xbox consoles which cannot play these old DOAs rip.

HHH816

Nah, try to play other fighting game but couldn't ..use to love tekken but the game doesn't change since tekken 4. On positive note at least DOA dare to change appearance at every series

Derock

Quit? Hell no. My love for Kasumi and the DOA series hasn't dropped. Sure, I hadn't touch 6 on my PS4 and PC but I still play DO2 (regular, Hardcore and Ultimate, most recently, DOA Online).

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Dgs_6lhUYAEpcTn.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD