Do any of the "previous gen" versions contain new costumes for existing characters?

gamemaster14

Updated my 360 version to Last Round and got the required costume catalog 2 (was there a Costume Catalog 1 for DOA5LR?) and noticed that none of the existing characters have any new costumes at all. My guess is tecmo is trying to force everyone to get a new game console in order to get any new content. I remember them saying "future dlc" might not be available on these consoles but do not remember them saying the first doa5lr dlc (which I had figured was part of the game).

So just wondering, do any of the previous gen (Xbox 360 and PS3) versions of the game have new costumes for the characters? (including the Japanese on disc PS3 version)

The Enforcer

Unless something changed with the title update, I thought the Xbox 360 version had the costumes, but not the characters. I have to re-check.

The new characters & content data are inside the 1GB update. Honoka's costumes are in Costume Catalog 2. Ninja Clan 1 costumes are in Costume Catalog LR 5 ( or whatever it's called).

IF Team Ninja releases them for PS3 / Xbox 360 ... Costume Catalog 1 is Aloha/Ninja 2015/New Challengers/Showstoppers/Beach Party ... Costume Catalog 3 is Showstoppers Encore. Costume Catalog 4... Is the Season Pass or something else, I think

Aspect

Yes. Updating my version of DOA5U on PS3 to LR, I got the contest costumes. You just have to unlock them by playing through arcade a couple of times, just like how you unlocked the other costumes.

gamemaster14

On the 360 marketplace I currently only see costume catalog 2 which adds Raidou and Honoka but no costumes for anyone else.

Edit: Even if they had to be unlocked wouldn't they show up on the selection screen with a lock symbol over them?

Another Edit: Just checked the marketplace, looks like they all just came out yesterday. Atleast the Costume Catalog 5 Ninja Clan ones.

Last edited:

WisperG

Edit: Even if they had to be unlocked wouldn't they show up on the selection screen with a lock symbol over them?
Yes. I can't speak for 360 since I don't have one, but after upgrading Ultimate on PS3 the new costumes were added to the selection screen.

Aspect

On the 360 marketplace I currently only see costume catalog 2 which adds Raidou and Honoka but no costumes for anyone else.

Another Edit: Just checked the marketplace, looks like they all just came out yesterday. Atleast the Costume Catalog 5 Ninja Clan ones.

Maybe its part of the problems that the Xbox patch is having. They announced that they are releasing a new patch for the 360 so I'd wait for that

gamemaster14

Just noticed when playing today that most existing characters have atleast 1 new costume. I just didn't expect them to be integrated into the costume set, I thought they would be on the very bottom.

Aspect

Just noticed when playing today that most existing characters have atleast 1 new costume. I just didn't expect them to be integrated into the costume set, I thought they would be on the very bottom.
That's what I thought at first as well

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD