Characters Do you see Genra coming back in LR¿

TRI Mike

Now that I'm liking playing as Nyo and Raidou (and like to see Phase-4 and Alpha in action), I'm much more open to the bosses being playable. Genra is the only one yet to return so I'm messing with him in DOAD, thing I never did when the game was active (this game was active... right¿), and I think he only needs the addition of a few fast moves, unholdables and maybe a big nerf to his fireballs. Actually, take the damn fireballs away from him.

Do you see the guy coming back in LR¿ Something tells me Honoka and Raidou aren't the last.

David Gregg

I would like to see him or his moveset brought back in some form for LR (or 6). I think that his moveset needs some work but it's nothing TN can't handle (look at how they added on to Banko's moveset).

I don't think the actual boss would come back though. My prediction is that either Donovan (since he has Genra's mask) or a completely new character would have the moveset.

TRI Mike

Just turn the dude into a ghost with armor, or revive him via robotics like Raidou and you're set.

I was experimenting with the moveset and other than the fireballs, he seems very poor.

synce

I ended up passing on Raidou but would definitely buy Genra (or most likely fem-Genra) as long as s/he keeps the sword and projectiles

Kronin

Now that Banokotsubo and Raidou's movesets are already in the game and that more times was hinted the possibility to get future DLC characters, I really think that there is finally a concrete chance for Genra's moveset to be added to the roster (and I would be glad of this return, not having the possibility to play to DoA Dimensions).

Anyway I'm not so sure if in a such scenario we will get back the DoA3 boss (a shame because, just as the other Doa bosses, I really like his distinctive physical traits), overall now that TN is planning to release only characters that can be related with the story. By the way if we should get a male substitute, I really think that TN could decide to add to the roster Donovan and attribute to him a such moveset (assuming that Donovan is/was a ninja of the Hajinmon-sect as him owning the same mask of Ayane and Genra seemed to hint).

synce

Wait Donovan's a ninja? What? I may have to replay DOA5's story sometime lol He didn't seem like the type to get his hands dirty

SilverForte

I don't know if Genra will return, but I really do want him back.

Despite what many people think, Genra is not all about his projectiles, rather his entire game revolves around his throw loop game, if he gets you in it. you die.

If he does make it in there are several changes I would make to his moveset, primarily an i11 jab, but as he stands I think he was top 3 in Dimensions.

Please check out this vid if you want a good overview of genra and why I want him back.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The boss characters are unique, it's good to see other people are enjoying them. And of course I see Genra coming back. I'm kind of surprised he isn't back already. We have Raidou, we have Alpha, we have Nyo and Phase 4 I guess. Why not complete the set?

Zeo

From what I saw in @SilverForte 's video, Genra would be a crazy unique addition to the game that, if done correctly and not gimped horribly (Ein) or completely redone (Rachel) could add a completely unique style of play to the game weather he's being played or fought.

His 6T game would probably get nerfed in damage but should stay in tact, he should get a little faster, take a cut to his damage but most importantly his fireballs should remain the same. TN would probably make them unusable but in 5U they should give them varying properties... just spitballing a bit.

Lightning would be fast like it was in the video, but the 3rd hit would keep the retarded recovery and the lightning could be sidestepped or possibly even freestepped. Wind would be mostly identical to Tengu's wind but maybe a guard break or free step tracking. Fire would become unblockable but have a ridiculous windup and remain a high.

I was always in favor of Genra coming back in DOA5 and after getting a taste of what he was able to do I'm only even more in favor. If they brought him back, bring back his weapons, guard breaks and projectiles and please... bring HIM back. Not Femra.

Kronin

Wait Donovan's a ninja? What? I may have to replay DOA5's story sometime lol He didn't seem like the type to get his hands dirty

The hint is part of DoA Dimensions that, just as for DoA5, end his story mode with plot twist in a scene after the credits. Donovan is shown to have survived to the attack to the tri-towers and in a dark room change his classic white mask with one that is the same kind of masks owned from the Hajin-mon sect ninja (or at least from the leader and the successor, just as Genra and Ayane). You can see the scene from 31:37

In the new canon of DoA setted with Dimensions, to realize that Donovan is a ninja would make sense: Christie and Bayman knew the loaction of the Mugen Tenshin village (by the way in NG3 even the Japanese governemnt know where to find Hayabusa's one XD), apparently Raidou allowed experimentations from DOATEC on his body for increasing his strenght (from here his unnatural youth/demon like appearence of his C1/C2) and overall the Hajinmon sect ninja leader Genra betrayed the village purposefully plotting with Donovan (and he wasn't a midless dummy vict as in the original DoA3). It could be just a lack of the plot, anyway it's interesting to notice how Genra's reasons are the only ones shrouded in the mistery compared to the other bosses and Kasumi Alpha.

PS: Some people think also that Genra could actually be Victor Donovan because we not end ever to see the face of both the men, but personally seem to me an impossible theory (also, the hairstyle of the two men is completely different). Also the end of Genra in Dimensions seemed to not leave possibli

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
No idea if he's coming back, but it's definitely possible, seeing as how they already brought back Raidou and added a new Tengu-dou practitioner. If they want to bring back Genra's moveset, but not the actual character for some bogus story related reason, I hope they at least make his successor be some badass dude, instead of another run of the mill hot chick.

Or if it actually is Genra, but back from the dead, hopefully he's not given the same lame cyborg zombie treatment that Raidou got. Maybe he could be a vengeful spirit or something. I don't know.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't know if Genra will return, but I really do want him back.

Despite what many people think, Genra is not all about his projectiles, rather his entire game revolves around his throw loop game, if he gets you in it. you die.

If he does make it in there are several changes I would make to his moveset, primarily an i11 jab, but as he stands I think he was top 3 in Dimensions.

Please check out this vid if you want a good overview of genra and why I want him back.

Wait a second, this guy is fuuuuuuucked. Why has he got Geonitz wind blast and Kaizer wave?

But seriously, this guy looks hella cheap. We need a cheap heavy character.

KwonJigglypuff

I wouldn't mind a young male (Eliot's body type) inheriting Genra's powers, as a parallel to Honoka.
Would be nice for a change to have a young and slim fighter, with a slow, bulky fighting style.

Sumo + Modified Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu = great fighter for me.

Last edited:

Kronin

I am 100% sure there will be at least like two DLC characters in LR.

They talked of DLC characterS, so I think the same. Also I believe that the first one will be released in Japan just with the coming of the DoA5 Last Round Arcade, exactly as happened for Marie Rose (notice how even now that Honoka and Raidou are added to the arcades, the game is still named "Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade")

David Gregg

They talked of DLC characterS, so I think the same. Also I believe that the first one will be released in Japan just with the coming of the DoA5 Last Round Arcade, exactly as happened for Marie Rose (notice how even now that Honoka and Raidou are added to the arcades, the game is still named "Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade")

I'm curious since there aren't too many 5UA vids out there but did the arcade get the new stages?

Kronin

I'm curious since there aren't too many 5UA vids out there but did the arcade get the new stages?

I think that Danger Zone and The Crimsons aren't included, the official changelog patch (https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/information/info_20150205.html) talked only of the additions of Raidou and Honoka but not of the new stages (that indeed I never seen in an arcade video), same for the graphical enhacements/additions. So far the DoA5U Arcade is the equivalent of a partial porting from the PS3 and Xbox360 versions of the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD