DOA 6 Sales/Shipped so far

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hopefully these numbers won't result in a +, Ultimate, or LR trilogy iteration xD As long as they just improve the game and add on to it on the same disc and we don't have to buy completely new copies im fine with whatever tbh

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Here we have to note that meanwhile DOA 5 sold 580k units (and physically, and only in two consoles), DOA 6 numbers are shipments for consoles and they also are taking into account Steam sales.

350k shipped units isn't the end for this franchise ... but it isn't good either.

A lot (A.LOT.) feedback is needed if they want to reach at least 1 million before this game end life cycle.

just_me

Standard Donor
Here we have to note that meanwhile DOA 5 sold 580k units (and physically, and only in two consoles), DOA 6 numbers are shipments for consoles and they also are taking into account Steam sales.

This is wrong, both numbers are shipments sourced from the financial reports. It's the number the publisher sold in both cases.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

This is wrong, both numbers are shipments sourced from the financial reports. It's the number the publisher sold in both cases.

We know they sold these units because we know DOA 5 + Ultimate numbers (1.5 millions), we still have to see if they sell these 350k DOA 6 units.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hopefully these numbers won't result in a +, Ultimate, or LR trilogy iteration xD As long as they just improve the game and add on to it on the same disc and we don't have to buy completely new copies im fine with whatever tbh

Because it's KT, it's very likely. Also because iterations have to go through a meta change so it's inevitable to go through with it. I get that going for a complete upgrade or buying another game of the same type is an annoyance, but the factor in the end is really not that bad.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Because it's KT, it's very likely. Also because iterations have to go through a meta change so it's inevitable to go through with it. I get that going for a complete upgrade or buying another game of the same type is an annoyance, but the factor in the end is really not that bad.

Imo, meanwhile they give me the option to upgrade my vanilla game without spending another 70€ and having the same game than the next gen consoles (the same stages, not like DOA 5 LR for PS3 and 360 without the new stages) will be ok.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
You're forgetting that DOA6 is getting an Arcade release. A new DOA6 is inevitable.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You're forgetting that DOA6 is getting an Arcade release. A new DOA6 is inevitable.
Not necessarily so, remember when DOA5U got a arcade release and all it included at the start was a puzzle piece costume unlock system and Marie Rose? It didn't include anything new gameplay wise xD

Plus SFV and T7 showed that they can add new mechanics and such to the game without outright needing new game copies. SFV added a ton of stuff but all you need is the original vanilla disc and T7 added wall bounces and rage drive reactors and a variety of other changes but you need only those discs. DOA6 can knock off that method to keep things simple but knowing them there will be an ultimate DOA6 with made a new meter mechanic like a break throw or break OH or something else quirky

Prince Malin

TN should stop making DOA games after this one. This series will never grow because too many people within the fandom are obssesed with the fanservice aspect. They're more concerned about it than the mechanics. WHERE MY JIGGLY BOOBIES!? NO TITTIES NO BUY!!! SHIMBORI IS A SJW!!!! People not familiar with the series will think that it has nothing to offer.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
TN should stop making DOA games after this one. This series will never grow because too many people within the fandom are obssesed with the fanservice aspect. They're more concerned about it than the mechanics. WHERE MY JIGGLY BOOBIES!? NO TITTIES NO BUY!!! SHIMBORI IS A SJW!!!! People not familiar with the series will think that it has nothing to offer.

To an extent yes, though TN's problem is that they try to cater to these whiny voices instead of standing by their vision for the fighting game aspect of DOA. I get what you mean, but the only alternative is for TN to create a whole new IP, which isn't a bad idea, though it could still get plagued as "The fighting game by the DOA developer".

SaihateDYNAMO

I kinda agree but I wouldn’t go as far as to say that TN should just not make DOA anymore lol. I want to see this series continue and actually evolve but in order for that to happen some changes definitely need to be made behind the scenes because DOA6 reeks of mismanagement in some places.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Their mistake was pushing the toning down message, not the otherwise.

People were worried because they created that message to begin with. If they said nothing about it, people wouldn't be so obssesed with their lies.

TheTHCGamer

Their mistake was pushing the toning down message, not the otherwise.

People were worried because they created that message to begin with. If they said nothing about it, people wouldn't be so obssesed with their lies.
Regardless though the initial damage has already been done so we can only hope moving forward that TN makes the right decisions. It doesn't take a marketing genius to figure out what went wrong but we've seen poor launches from games before that turned around.

I'd really like to see how DoA6 is doing 8 to 12 months from now. If bad decisions are still consistently being made in that time frame then yeah the game deserves to die but what I'm hoping is the game is much improved in the way season 2 of SFV was.

You know before it went back to bad in season 3. Just kidding or am I?

Prince Malin

By 12 months time the game will definitely be much better. It's a shame that DOA is ignored by the FGC. DOA is the only fighting game that tries to push the genre forward while the rest are stuck in the 90s. The FGC loves their games old school they want the genre to remain stagnant.

Last edited:

TheTHCGamer

It's a shame that 3D fighters in general (with the exception of tekken) have just fallen off. As much as fighting games are a niche genre that it's even more so the case for 3D fighters.

Just look how long it took for a new soulcalibur and I might never get a virtua fighter sequel which is my favorite fighting game franchise. Don't get me wrong I like tekken but I like the two franchises i mentioned along with DoA even more.

My favorite 3D fighters in order are VF, DoA and SC. VF is pretty much dead at this point and SC just finally got a sequel so who knows the next time well get another. DoA6 launched poorly (which it deserved) but let's go out of our way to help kill the game.

As fans of the franchise all we can do is hope the game keeps getting better with updates because if not we might never get a DoA7. Don't get me wrong I think they'll continue to update DoA6 but if every iteration fails it would be hard to justify funding a DoA7.

Off topic man SC6 has been lagging on the DLC. I bought the version with the season pass and sometimes I forget because the DLC is taking so long.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD