News DOA Festival 8/1 + Playse 5v5 8/2 in Tokyo Japan!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
The first coming weekend of August is going to be an insane one for all DOA fans out there.

On August 1st, Team Ninja is inviting all its fans to celebrate DOA with them at the Osaki Bright Core Hall in Tokyo, Japan from 10:00 AM to – 5:00 PM .

logo.png

it will be a jam packed day filled with DOA goodness from the first “true” world tournament. To a photo contest to a cosplay contest. as well as several special announcements related to the franchise.

all details and scheduling can be found here:

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/doa_festival.html

Among the players invited are: Kwiggle and XCaliburBladeZ from the US, Gehaktbal from the NL, Touko from AU, Test from KR, and UprisingJC from TW and Mitti from JP.

The tournament is Single elim. All invited players are guaranteed a seat at the top 16 where it will be best out of 3 all the way to the finals. The rest of us as well as all of japan have to fight through a blood bath of single match single elim to guarantee a spot .. >__>

As for the Cosplay contest, in adittion to the entries several professional cosplayers will be at the event as well rocking some DOA characters including Yuriko Tiger as Honoka:

CK5xhQyUsAANTlf.jpg

and Neneko as Marie Rose:

CKhemWvVEAEE7p1.jpg

The event will be streamed in the following links:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv228872054

but the fun doesn’t stop there!

on August 2nd, Playse and DOA TV will be running their famous 5v5 tournament at the eSports TGN Akihabara! Last year they had 150 players all mashed up in one big room and this year they expect it to be even crazier!

CHtjmNFVAAAprL4.png

all the registered teams can be found here:

http://ussr.jp/playse/list/doa.php

I will be rocking Team “Gaijin Power!” (外人ぱわー!) along with Kwiggle, XCaliburBladeZ, Gehaktbal and Touko! We got this! (editorial bias.. lol)

The tournament and all its madness will be streamed on the following channels:

http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co2283088?com_header=1

http://www.twitch.tv/wuroncha

I will be there representing at both events, as well as rocking some epic Leon cosplay… so keep on the look out for that as well ..

CLAR1sSUwAAhhJe.jpg

Also in the mix as a pleasant last minute update is none other than our very own Mr. Wah himself! He will be attending both events and rocking his trademark Bass cosplay!^^

I will be sure to update you with the full report and images of both events (as well as the cosplayers .. you know you wanna see them
icon_wink.gif
) when I get back !

Till then.. wish me luck !
19493898823_6b93838c65_o.png

Kodachi

Standard Donor
This is gonna be a great show, I can't wait :D
Cow your cosplay is on point lmao!

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I love seeing developers supporting their game and the scene. Good luck to everyone from all over the world participating in this event. I can't wait to see some international high level play!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
For the heads up incase people are watching it off NicoNico, you need to register an account there to watch livestreams. Depending on the type of subscription the stream is using, if it's a high quality stream, you are forced to create an account to watch. If it's moderate quality, you will likely get a storm of forced advertisement that cannot be taken off by Nico videos if you are watching it unregistered.

So to avoid all those unnecessary things holding you back, create an account at NicoVideos livestream just incase.

(Unless they use Twitch. If they use Twitch then ignore what I wrote up there.)

EDIT: I just realized they made it to a Youtube Stream as well! Can't decide whether I want to watch it off twitch or Youtube.

Last edited:

DyByHands

From 10am - 5pm... Wouldn't that be like 11pm - 6am, for Eastern Central Time in NA? Or is my timing off? Just wondering for that stream.

Have fun to those from FSD who are going!

KeatonQuiz

This is so exciting ~ I'll be watching the streams .
I wish I could go ! Hopefully they do this again next year :D

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
This is so exciting ~ I'll be watching the streams .
I wish I could go ! Hopefully they do this again next year :D
The major factor on continuing such events in the future is based on the success of the Battle Royal 2015. I really can't stress enough how important it is that everyone show up to North East Championships.

Last edited:

Kronin

Like surely some of you could already read it om the official site, I want just add to the article's info that the event will see even the partecipation of the original seyuu for Honoka and Marie Rose, respectively:

Ai Nonaka (Honoka VA)...

l_55b20ef52502c.jpg

...and Mai Aizawa (Marie Rose VA)

l_55b20eef9bf40.jpg

Ken_Jammin

So hyped! Good luck to all the fighters, here's hoping for some Mr. Wah commentary, unless of course he's too busy rocking japan with Bass!

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I'm counting down the hours! I hope the developers discuss the future of the series as a whole

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD