Media #DOA20 - DOA: Dead or Alive (2006)

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
doa_dead_or_alive.jpg

The Dead or Alive Festival may have come and gone, but the 20th Anniversary of DOA continues all throughout the course of 2016. This time, the main focus is based on a DOA movie that is also celebrating an anniversary this year.

That movie is DOA: Dead or Alive.

Released on September 7, 2006, DOA: Dead or Alive was directed by Corey Yuen. Yuen is known for his work such as Lethal Weapon 4, X-Men, The Expendables, and several martial art films throughout the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and today. He was also a member of the Seven Little Fortunes, along with Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, and Yuen Biao.

DOA: Dead or Alive featured a well-rounded cast, such as Devon Aoki as Kasumi, Jamie Pressly as Tina, Sarah Carter as Helena, Holly Valance as Christie, Natassia Malthe as Ayane, Kevin Nash as Bass, Kane Kosugi as Ryu Hayabusa, and more.

Action A Go-Go compiled this nice write-up about the film, praising Yuen for his work. If you want to read it, click on the link below to check it out.

DOA: Dead or Alive Film - Action A Go-Go

While you are at it, here's the trailer for the film.

Sotherius

I think i watched once, back in what? 2008?

And i didn't know about DOA at all, i thought the movie was trash...

I imagine how much more i would hate it if i watched now. I barely remember the movie.

SilverForte

This movie was really bad. Like laughable, and not in a funny SF movie way.

Hitomi was a man and Hayabusa was some sweaty nervous guy., among others, imo the only chars that looked decent were Bass and Zack.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I bought a
This movie was really bad. Like laughable, and not in a funny SF movie way.

Hitomi was a man and Hayabusa was some sweaty nervous guy., among others, imo the only chars that looked decent were Bass and Zack.

The cockiness of Donovan didn't garner a chuckle even? I thought Street Fighter was unwatchable, but I actually liked how silly they made Kasumi and Ayane look. I have honestly seen far worse and the film was also shot far better than most video game based movies.

It was so fucking terrible, but I enjoyed it somehow.

lotr9690

OH my gosh. lol
Wooow... What's the deal with Bass getting all bashful at the implied sex between his daughter and Christie? Wouldn't he be more like "What are you doing to my daughter?!!!" Just saying. But it's nice to know Bass wouldn't overreact if his daughter was a lesbian haha. So that's a plus for Bass! I always knew he had a surprisingly open mind.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
lol so that was his name. I don't even remember all the details from this movie since its one of those movies that you want to forget xD

SilverForte

Bayman was a laugh, I nicknamed him "Buffed up Lister" after an episode of Red Dwarf where said character Lister gets artificial muscles and he looked pretty similar, hilarious.

P2p1mbs

Bayman was a laugh, I nicknamed him "Buffed up Lister" after an episode of Red Dwarf where said character Lister gets artificial muscles and he looked pretty similar, hilarious.

And he gets beaten by the 2 original characters to the movie. I guess the people who made the movie don't like him that much. Still, he nearly killed Ryu and that's one of the few things about this movie that I didn't like.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD