doa5 error 8002D001

Kakita

I have DOA5 on PS3 and I can't seem to use the YouTube uploading function. Every time I try to upload the video to my YouTube account I get this message:

An error has occurred.
(8002D001)

Can anybody help?

Could it be a connection issue? I'm connected to the playstation network no problem, but since I play in my basement and my wireless modem is up in my office on the second floor would there be a chance this affects my uploading?

Kakita

Actually my gmail account is what I've been using. I didn't even know I had a username on Youtube... Mind you I just recently made a youtube account and whenever I sign in I see my gmail account as identification. If there would be another username I go by, where would I see it. I don't have any trouble connecting on Youtube whenever I go on Youtube, but from the DOA5 interface, it has always failed...

Nate

I had a similar error (maybe exact, can't recall) when I used my YouTube username instead of e-mail address to try and upload. So that's not your problem... hmm...

Then perhaps the verification issue? That seems like a solid suggestion from DR2K.

If that doesn't help, I'll look into it with you more!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
From what I've seen, this issue happens from time to time for people who are uploading videos of a game to YouTube using in-game functionality. It's a general error.

newtype

Try going to youtube.com > settings > click 'disconnect with google+' > create Youtube user name > now try to upload a match through the DOA5 game.
Hope that helps

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Try going to youtube.com > settings > click 'disconnect with google+' > create Youtube user name > now try to upload a match through the DOA5 game.
Hope that helps
Tryng newtype said I thought what is really needed to solve error 8002D001 is to create a youtube channel and perhaps also is needed to create an username for the new channel. I did those things I said and finally I successfuly set up PS3 access just using username (instead email address). Hope it helps...

Rapham0n

I have DOA5 on PS3 and I can't seem to use the YouTube uploading function. Every time I try to upload the video to my YouTube account I get this message:

An error has occurred.
(8002D001)

Can anybody help?

Could it be a connection issue? I'm connected to the playstation network no problem, but since I play in my basement and my wireless modem is up in my office on the second floor would there be a chance this affects my uploading?

"wireless". That's the problem right there. Wireless Internet is, always has been and will always be pure and utter garbage.

Anyway, on the PS3 XMB look in the settings tab and at the very bottom you will see "NETWORK SETTINGS". In "NETWORK SETTINGS" look for "MEDIA SERVER CONNECTION" and disable it. Doing that sorts out all kinds of Internet connection problems on the PS3. I have no idea how or why but having "MEDIA SERVER CONNECTION" enabled messes around with your Internet connection. This has been confirmed by many people all across the world and to date SONY has done nothing to even try to fix the problem. (Heck, they haven't even had the guts to admit that there is something wrong with this feature).

If that doesn't work you could always try port forwarding. Check out this website: http://portforward.com/ and be sure to set up the ports required for PlayStation Network. Doing this will also sort out a bunch of Internet connection issues with the PS3.

Ein

"wireless". That's the problem right there. Wireless Internet is, always has been and will always be pure and utter garbage.

Anyway, on the PS3 XMB look in the settings tab and at the very bottom you will see "NETWORK SETTINGS". In "NETWORK SETTINGS" look for "MEDIA SERVER CONNECTION" and disable it. Doing that sorts out all kinds of Internet connection problems on the PS3. I have no idea how or why but having "MEDIA SERVER CONNECTION" enabled messes around with your Internet connection. This has been confirmed by many people all across the world and to date SONY has done nothing to even try to fix the problem. (Heck, they haven't even had the guts to admit that there is something wrong with this feature).

If that doesn't work you could always try port forwarding. Check out this website: http://portforward.com/ and be sure to set up the ports required for PlayStation Network. Doing this will also sort out a bunch of Internet connection issues with the PS3.
I've tried the media server option but it still wont work, and I'm using wired connection.

cip

Okay, I had the same problem. It's because of google + and youtube.
I fixed it by going to http://www.youtube.com/account_advanced, setting a password and then giving DOA5U the email address that is on that link and that new password for log in.

Screw google for forcing google plus on youtube users, seriously.

Gurimmjaw

I use to have a similar problem. I got this error a lot but didn't have it before. People told me to use email and username. However that did not work.

What I did was check my youtube settings and then I went over to overview and then I hit advanced. You see what you have to use. You will see something like yourusername-3239@pages.plusgoogle.com.

This will solve your problems. Upload using it this way and it will work.

I hate google+

Chapstick

I use to have a similar problem. I got this error a lot but didn't have it before. People told me to use email and username. However that did not work.

What I did was check my youtube settings and then I went over to overview and then I hit advanced. You see what you have to use. You will see something like yourusername-3239@pages.plusgoogle.com.

This will solve your problems. Upload using it this way and it will work.

I hate google+
I got the 8002D001 error anyway doing exactly what this said with an email just like that.

Nothing I have tried has worked and I've been trying to upload replays since 5 vanilla.

frustrated.gif

Gurimmjaw

I got the 8002D001 error anyway doing exactly what this said with an email just like that.

Nothing I have tried has worked and I've been trying to upload replays since 5 vanilla.

frustrated.gif

Hmmm very weird. Usually this way works as I know it has for me when I was having problems.

You try changing your password for your YouTube and Google+? If so try uploading your replay to a new account and see if it works.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD