DOA5: Mr. Wah goes over the Dead or Alive 5 Demo

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Mr. Wah was able to get a hold of the DOA5 Alpha Demo a little early and streamed for two hours earlier here: http://www.justin.tv/freestepdodge

The stream's through now but you can watch the archive here: http://www.justin.tv/freestepdodge/b/312147431

Alpha Version Title Screen​

Mr. Wah covers a lot of info during that time and tests out a lot of different things. Some notable information includes:
  • Power Blow is :H+P+K:
  • Wall Crumple is like in the Akira video where you get a guaranteed follow-up hit.
  • Side Steps are :2: :H+P+K: and :8: :H+P+K: and you can do side step attacks during.
  • The limbo stun is back!
  • Izuna drop hold is still there for High, Mid and Low. It's an "advanced" hold, i.e. the first input is :6::7: for High, :6::4: for Mid and :6::1: for Low. This also does not counter kicks at those levels.
  • Offensive holds have been removed from the majority of the cast here. Hayabusa's handstand throw still appears to be an offensive hold.
  • Hit bubbles/effects can be turned off.
  • The button config lets you select a function and then hit the button you would like to assign.
  • You can choose between classic and action camera types which just vary the camera during throws.
  • Hayabusa has gained an air throw: :426::H+P:
  • Normal Life is now 270 points versus the previous 240. This is was considered the Large Life setting previously.
  • Standard Throws have been sped up back to 5 initial frames.
Some pics!

20120318_doa5astream01.jpg
Button Config​
20120318_doa5astream02.jpg
Main Menu​
20120318_doa5astream04.jpg
More Settings​

6849118584_40644a2022_z.jpg
Mr. Wah's Exciting XBL Status!​

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Per Mr. Wah:
Power Blow is :H+P+K:
Wall Crumple is like in the Akira video where you get a guaranteed follow-up hit.
Side Steps are :2::H+P+K: and :8::H+P+K: and you can do side step attacks during.
Limbo stun is back!
Izuna drop hold is still there for High, Mid and Low. It's an "advanced" hold.
No offensive holds for the four playable characters!
Hit bubbles/effects can be turned off.
You can change your buttons by hitting which button you want to assign.
You can choose between classic and action camera types.

R4712-VR88

;DFGJ;ASDLFGJ'ASDFJG;'LSADFJG'LASDFG;LASDKFHJG;'LSDFJKA;SJK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

SORWAH!!!1

SO. JELLY! >.<;;;;;;;

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Me too :(

Hey btw, how did you post on the front page? I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it.

I can put any post on the front page if I want. Typically I'll just post a news story linking you to the original post but if I'm lazy and don't care then you'l see what I did for Ratiz.

x Sypher x

Offensive holds removed from the majority? That's interesting. I guess that probably means OH's are now character specific.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Side step i think is just up and the three buttons. I dont think its necessary to push up or down twice for it to work. Similar to DOA2 arcade, you just hold the free button (in this case all three buttons) and then side step.

And everyone can sidestep attack.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD