DOA5LR DOA5LR (1.03) Alpha-152 - COMBO VIDEO!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

This video is meant to shed some light on what Alpha-152 is capable of in ver. 1.03. It goes over B&B setups, Critical Burst setups, Power launcher combos (indoors and outdoors), as well as environmental combos. All the combos displayed in the video CANNOT be stagger escaped, which means that your opponent is put in a situation where he is forced to guess and risk a hold.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining. ^^

Special thanks to:
Artists:REPTILES, DEEEZEL

日本語バージョンこちらへ:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Yet another great Combo Video, @EMPEROR_COW !
Even though I consider my Alpha fairly good, I learned a few things from this! ^_^ Like, I have never even thought about using PPK2K2K2K as a combo ending string.. XD
that gives out the max damage + frame advantage on the techroll. I like it especially when there is an open space. Just dont mash the K too much or you'll be the one at the disadvantage. lol

Last edited:

PhoenixVFIRE

Yet another great Combo Video, @EMPEROR_COW !
Even though I consider my Alpha fairly good, I learned a few things from this! ^_^ Like, I have never even thought about using PPK2K2K2K as a combo ending string.. XD
this^^

I've never thought about that one and never thought it would be max damage either. I've never seen an Alpha use it in a combo.

Intelligent Alpha

You just whet me appetite!! :eek:

Sweet combos and I forgot you could juggle after the car dz! And were those FCs?

Last edited:

Lulu

LoL.... I especially liked the use of the FLOAT stance and I've been dying to see BT :7::K: being used for something.... great work. Representing the fastest mid kick in the game.

But most importantly the art work is the best I've seen so far. ;)

Score one for Jello:alpha152:

Intelligent Alpha

LoL.... I especially liked the use of the FLOAT stance and I've been dying to see BT :7::K: being used for something.... great work. Representing the fastest mid kick in the game.

But most importantly the art work is the best I've seen so far. ;)

Score one for Jello:alpha152:

I thing I didn't see was BURST/RUSH in a setup? (6P gives the most stun: H+KKP6P, Good night, assholes! :D) And oddly, I thought BT 7K, 9K were flipped because she was BT! *FP* haha! I'd go for the other BT kicks from time to time though as this is Kasumi's move! (as is HOLD 8K) I opt for BT 2H+K usually

Lulu

I thing I didn't see was BURST/RUSH in a setup? (6P gives the most stun: H+KKP6P, Good night, assholes! :D) And oddly, I thought BT 7K, 9K were flipped because she was BT! *FP* haha! I'd go for the other BT kicks from time to time though as this is Kasumi's move! (as is HOLD 8K) I opt for BT 2H+K usually

You don't see those in Combo Video's because you can't set the dummy simulate the exact nature of how BURST/RUSH/OUROBOROS is actually used.

Yeah the notations become very confusing with Teleport and Back Turning Characters.... I am however glad to see a very practical way to get Alpha BT more often....

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I thing I didn't see was BURST/RUSH in a setup? (6P gives the most stun: H+KKP6P, Good night, assholes! :D)

The example mentioned is in the Critical burst setups section.. There's no need for the extra P as there's enough stun to fit in the 6P for threshold straight away on max stagger escape.
You can go straight to CB from H+KK > 6P > CB
That was the shortest way I could find to enter a viable CB without being able to stagger escape on normal hit.

The best one I found was (Counter)3PPK > CB..
This only gives the opponent 2 chances to hold: the K from the string and the CB(which could be anything), hence double guess setup. The second P is actually guaranteed on both normal hit and counter hit.
I found this string particularly effective since 3P is also her fastest mid poke.

Lulu

FCs??
Whats an FC?
Focus cancel? This aint SFIV lol..( just kidding..)

I'm going take a shot in the dark and assume he means Free Cancelling....
Its either that or Force Cancelling.... and I don't know if that is even a thing.....

You might have to meet him alil bit further than half way to get what he says sometimes.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I'm going take a shot in the dark and assume he means Free Cancelling....
Its either that or Force Cancelling.... and I don't know if that is even a thing.....

You might have to meet him alil bit further than half way to get what he says sometimes.

Lol.. Well if its that, I free cancel almost everything. Its a habit since VF1.. its part of my muscle memory. Lol

Lulu

I Free Cancel in Combo Challenges....the timing is very tight and many of the challenges deliberately use delayable strings that it doesn't want you to complete...

Oh this is interesting.... I spam Alpha's :9::P::5::h: alot and its helped with Comprehending Free Cancelling alil bit.... but its still too complicated for me to Free Cancel alot of my set ups.... thank god for deep stuns. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD