DOA5LR Tina Discussion

PacManila

With Last Round coming real soon, thought maybe we could discuss Tina leading up to its release, as well as post anything people may have seen in streams and vids of LR.

Though I missed the the beginning of the Famitsu stream, I did catch the match between Tina and Honoka. While not much, it looked like her 8K is a little faster. It seemed to connect a lot sooner, before her yell even finishes during the animation.

PacManila

I mostly want some of her sitdowns back, but I don't want to get my hopes up >.<. Did that when Ultimate was coming out and it just led to disappointment :/

PacManila

I still think vanilla 5 Tina post-patch is better. She had sitdown guarantees from 8P and 66K on crouchers/low holds, which imo made people respect her striking game a lot more. In turn, that made her counter throw game much more dangerous.

PacManila

Looks like her 8K is still the same speed based on the LR stream with Mr. Wah. Good in a way because she still has her unholdable setup. Would be nice to have a quicker guard break though that can give around +3 consistently.

PacManila

Balance changes are up on the Japanese site. These were taken from the google translate version of the web page:

4K, 6PK: Adjust the motion. Fixed to 14 (2) 22⇒14 (2) 23. Fixed to those short a stagger during the falling normal hit
8K: Change in damage 35⇒37
7K: Change in damage 35⇒40
Wall 4P + K: Jump (lower disabled) additional status frame
Ran in the P + K: Add a close hit attribute
4T: passive to be able to change. In addition, adjusted to stage fall
66T: Add voice during grasp
Wall 44T: adjusted so as to not break the stage in the first stage
214T · 6T · 8T: Change to damage 35 + 15 + 40⇒35 + 15 + 45
64T · 2T · 8T: Change damage to 50 + 20 + 35⇒50 + 20 + 40
Wall 2_64T: adjusted so as to not break the stage in the first stage
46T system derived 41236T: Change to damage 40⇒50

Hard to tell what some of these changes actually mean (I'm curious about that last change on the 4K variations). Like that her tackle>giant swing does more damage though.

Jian

The 4k notation is the only thing that has me worried, otherwise it seems like damage buffs all round. I wonder how running P+K will be on close hit on hit and block.

Crossing fingers that 4k remains as good as it is.

PacManila

The 4k notation is the only thing that has me worried, otherwise it seems like damage buffs all round. I wonder how running P+K will be on close hit on hit and block.

Crossing fingers that 4k remains as good as it is.
From the looks of it, the recovery got nerfed slightly, but not enough to be anything significant. The last part makes me think they changed the stun property of it if anything. Overall, I still think the moves is going to stay useful like it is now.

Koompbala

"Does not break the first stage" from the looks of it. That's a nerf not a big one cause I hardly broke stages with those grabs. Still though that sounds like a slight nerf.

Koompbala

I'm double posting only because for 1 no one has replied yet and 2 to bump this once more. Thanks to werewolfgold and Tina being fairly high up on the patch notes. We got a better updated translation of her patch notes

:tina: Tina
4K, 6PK: Adjusted the animation. Changed from 14 (2) 22 to 14 (2) 23. Changed to a short stagger effect on standing normal hit.

8K: Damage changed from 35 to 37.

7K: Damage changed from 35 to 40.

Wall 4P+K: Added jump status frames (low attacks won't work).

Running P + K: Added a close hit attribute.

4T: Opponent can now quick roll afterward. In addition, now causes stage drops.

66T: Added voice during the grab animation.

Wall 44T: No longer causes stage destruction during the first portion.

214T · 6T · 8T: Damage changed from 35 + 15 + 40 to 35 + 15 + 45.

64T · 2T · 8T: Damage changed from 50 + 20 + 35 to 50 + 20 + 40.

Wall 2_64T: No longer causes stage destruction during the first portion.

41236T (after 46T): Damage changed from 40 to 50.

Doa_Eater

It's just great to avoid nerfs at all, but it would be really hilarious if she's in a deep minus after the back throw(ex:-5). Nothing major but i'll take it.

Koompbala

It's just great to avoid nerfs at all, but it would be really hilarious if she's in a deep minus after the back throw(ex:-5). Nothing major but i'll take it.
People let me get away with that ground throw so much. So much so it's the biggest nerf for me personally. The fact I can throw people off with the grab on Lost hills is great. I'd still rather take being able to do the ground grab on most though. I started using it because of you. I seen one of your matches, but yeah I hope she's not negative after it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD