DOA5U - Akira Thread (Combo Challenge, Changes, Combos)

These combo's represent a "base" of his basic combos of the list. I found his juggles quite easy and perfect to execute during a match.
(Some are pretty quite useful for online matches but not all of them are guaranteed).
(
Note: We are still currently working on Akira, this Thread may be updated from time to time.)

(At the bottom of the thread here are some very IMPORTANT changes that you should know.)
These are just some of the moves that I LIKED during his combo challenge:

1):4::P+K:,:6::6::P:,:3::3::P:,:6_::P:,:6::K::P:,:2::P:,:2_::4::6::P:.
This combo can be done in different ways.

2):214::P+K:,:1::P:,:6::6::P+K::P:,:4::3::P:,:2::P::3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:.
Great Punish for more frequent sidestepping opponents.

3):214::P:,:214::P:,:H*+K:,:2::P:,:2_::4::6::P:.
First 2 Inputs have a VERY STRICT timing into :H*+K:.
It will NOT work on counter hit. It's only going to make the character bounce off the ground the first time it hits.

4) (At 50% Health, Power Launcher Combo)
:4::4::P+K:(Hold it fully charged), :H*+K:,:H*+K:,:6_::P:,:214::P:,:6_::P:,:4::6::6::P+K:.
Need to time it right or else the combo will drop.

5) Combo vs Featherweight Characters.
:P+K:,:6::6::P:,:3::K:,:6::6::P+K:,:H*+K:,:H*+K:,:6_::P:,:H*+K:,:H*+K:,:2_::4::6::P:.

Changes to Akira:
1). SS :P: is now Akira's :3::P:.
2). SS :K: can now access low combo grab.
3). SS :P+K: is now his new input for the back turn from SS :P:.
4). :2_::4::6::P:. Cannot be done While Rising anymore. Must do the whole input While Crouching.
5) Nerfed Frame advantages. (Ex. :P:,:6::P+K:: Rarely Works Now.)
6) :6::6::P: Does not W! anymore. Only :6::6::6::P: Launches and W!.
7) Reduced Stun States for :3::P: on Counter it.
8) :214::P: no longer frame traps. Turned into an unsafe move on block. (For what I can see) (Credit: DestructionBomb)
9) Buffed Frame Data. (Some moves are less frames to do now.)
10) Certain String combos do not work on block, unless the first :P: or move hits.
11) :H*+K: Ignores standard launch for Heavyweights, cannot do knee 3x. (Credit: DestructionBomb)
12) Force Tech's have been removed. (Not sure if it's quite true because i've been connecting force tech sometimes and sometimes not.)
13) Increased movement speed.
14) :214::P: no longer frame traps after SS :K:. Also, SS :K: puts the opponent in a tiny stun state on normal hit. On counter hit, the character falls to the ground, making :6::6::P: a possible good follow up. Not sure if any move is guranteed after that.
15) :1::6::H+P::h::K: Can be delayed. And :1::6::H+P::h: grants a possible guranteed only if the opponent holds. Giving you frame advantage. (Correct me if i'm wrong.)
16) Aquired a new GB with :1::6::H+P::h::K:.

New Combos:
1)
:4::P+K:,:3::K:,:6_::P:,:6::6::P+K::P:,:4::3::P:,:2::P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:. (Any Finisher Works. Except the Other :3::H+K: input.)

2) :9::h:,:H*+K:,:6_::P:,:2_::4::6::P:.
(Counters High's.)

3) :6::6::P+K::P:,:4::3::P:,:6::6::P+K:,:214::P:,:6::6:,:H*+K:,:2::P:,:2_::4::6::P:.
(Guaranteed CB if :4::3::P: hits. No one has been able to counter my CB after this. :4::3::P: on hit causes them to stagger in stun for a long time leaving them open and safe for CB to land.)

CB Combos Near a Wall:
1):6::K::P:,:3::K:,:6_::P:,:6::6::P+K::P:,:4::3::P:,:2::P:,:6::6::K::K:.
I will be posting combos tomorrow. Check back here tomorrow for an Update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to know more about Akira, just ask! ^_^ I'm glad to help!
You can also help this thread grow by spreading the word!
Let's help each other out! This is only the beginning!

Last edited:

EDog21

How do you do :2_::4::6::P: after :2::H+K::P: in the combo challenge. I try to :1::4::6::P: but can't get it to come out after the :2::H+K::P:. Any suggestions?

How do you do :2_::4::6::P: after :2::H+K::P: in the combo challenge. I try to :1::4::6::P: but can't get it to come out after the :2::H+K::P:. Any suggestions?
Up to this point, it's the only combo challenge that I haven't done. I tried to make my way around it by doing the same thing with :1::4::6::P:. But it doesn't really work. It has to be with :2_: full crouch automatically. There may be a delay and a specific timing/launch in order for it to connect. I'll see if I can find a way and get back to you. :)

Ghosty-J

Yeah, his :214::6::P: instant palm isn't doing the trick anymore. Also in the Power Launcher combo, I can't get his Tetsuzankou to connect at the end. Not to mention the lightweight combo has an instant palm at the end of it too, so I'm at my wit's end at this point D:

Yeah, his :214::6::P: instant palm isn't doing the trick anymore. Also in the Power Launcher combo, I can't get his Tetsuzankou to connect at the end. Not to mention the lightweight combo has an instant palm at the end of it too, so I'm at my wit's end at this point D:
The only way you are going to get the Power Launcher combo, is either you do right at the top of when she lands or in between high-mid. I tried doing it lower, but the :4::6::6::P+K:wouldn't connect. So, it depends on what timing you specifically give the :H*+K: to connect. Note: This one after you Power Launch, it requires you to :6::6:: Once. After that you can connect all the other hits.
What mostly frustrates everyone (for now) is the combos that end with :2_::4::6::P:. It has become a really hard input now and can easily let you drop a combo.

Last edited:

Ghosty-J

The only way you are going to get the Power Launcher combo, is either you do right at the top of when she lands or in between high-mid. I tried doing it lower, but the :4::6::6::P+K:wouldn't connect. So, it depends on what timing you specifically give the :H*+K: to connect. Note: This one after you Power Launch, it requires you to :6::6:: Once. After that you can connect all the other hits.
What mostly frustrates everyone (for now) is the combos that end with :2_::4::6::P:. It has become a really hard input now and can easily let you drop a combo.
All of this is no problem to me. It's just that I always get everything right up until the Tetsuzankou ender. No matter how fast I input it (which buffers itself after the second :P: at this point), it just doesn't connect. I can get this down with enough retries, but yeah. No doubt the :2_::4::6::P: is turning out to be a MASSIVE pain in the rear >_< hopefully my combo challenge antics fair better with the rest of my mains. Aiming for Jacky next.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Up to this point, it's the only combo challenge that I haven't done. I tried to make my way around it by doing the same thing with :1::4::6::P:. But it doesn't really work. It has to be with :2_: full crouch automatically. There may be a delay and a specific timing/launch in order for it to connect. I'll see if I can find a way and get back to you. :)

All of this is no problem to me. It's just that I always get everything right up until the Tetsuzankou ender. No matter how fast I input it (which buffers itself after the second :P: at this point), it just doesn't connect. I can get this down with enough retries, but yeah. No doubt the :2_::4::6::P: is turning out to be a MASSIVE pain in the rear >_< hopefully my combo challenge antics fair better with the rest of my mains. Aiming for Jacky next.

I'm only missing one for Jacky and missing one for Akira, Which is the kokoro tag challenge, I can pull it off but was a bit in a rush to play online so bad lol.

I'll be honest, The Vita one took me hours because I couldn't perform it well with the Vita's D-pad...Honestly speaking I got it by sheer luck on the handheld.

Ghosty-J

I'm only missing one for Jacky and missing one for Akira, Which is the kokoro tag challenge, I can pull it off but was a bit in a rush to play online so bad lol.

I'll be honest, The Vita one took me hours because I couldn't perform it well with the Vita's D-pad...Honestly speaking I got it by sheer luck on the handheld.
I cleared all of Jacky's combo challenges just now. I just have those cursed palms for Akira to worry about in both his challenges. His tag trial was refreshingly easy compared to all these hurdles. I'm not giving up on these trials just yet. I'm gonna cross my fingers I get lucky like I did with the Power Launcher challenge :/

Are they suppose to stay up and not bounce when you do :214::P:,:214::P:?
The Character has to bounce off the ground connecting both of the first inputs, then :6::6:, into :H*+K: quickly. It should give you enough time to connect the last few hits. (Note: Sometimes, the combo challenge will not get the data for the :214::P: if done incorrectly, resetting it. So whenever you fail, hit any button to go back to the start.) (Dashes are not listed because TN asumes that you already know what to do once you see it.)
First hit with :214::P: Is supposed to be a Sit Down Stun, the second :214::P: makes the character bounce off the ground.

Last edited:

EDog21

Thanks that did the trick. Now back to :2_::4::6::P:. I've done 463p and tried :1::H+K::P::6::P: like suggested on vita. I just get sidesteps and punch ender. Its tearing me up inside how hard is to land a move after:2::H+K::P:.

EDog21

Muahaha! I have done it! I did the throw and then :2::H+K::P::F: then do :4::6::3::P: fast as you can, cant buffer it while doing :2::H+K::P::F:(I did guard to stop myself from doing follow ups, and I did buffer the guard) It may take a few hundred tries but y'all will get it! Eye of the tiger!

Ehh for training when you start on left you would actually end up doing 641P.

Ghosty-J

Muahaha! I have done it! I did the throw and then :2::H+K::P::F: then do :4::6::3::P: fast as you can, cant buffer it while doing :2::H+K::P::F:(I did guard to stop myself from doing follow ups, and I did buffer the guard) It may take a few hundred tries but y'all will get it! Eye of the tiger!

Ehh for training when you start on left you would actually end up doing 641P.
I haven't tried it yet, but are you sure I won't just get :4::6::P: when I do that? Seems a bit odd o_O

EDog21

Yeah it works for some reason. I went to google for tips and found that in random thread. Gotta be perfect on input though and also pretty swift.

EDog21

And finished them all. Same thing on combo with 4 jf knees. Just stick a held:6::P: after the second knee for your jab, do the last two knees and :4::6::3::P: it with the quickness. Took me about hour and a half to do, but then again my knees suck when I have to time them.

I learned how to use instant double palm years ago when playing
Virtua Fighter 5. I'm glad all of my training carries over. I like to use :1::1::6::P: to input the double palm. You can also use :3::3::4::6::P: but that's only if you need to dash forward a bit for it to reach (Not necessary for most combos). Basically if you buffer it during a crouch dash you should have no problems getting it. I can probably post a demonstration of his combo challenge if I feel like going through it again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD