DOA5U Japanese off screen footage.

Tokkosho

It looked interesting. Too much countering and drops to really be able to see much but still tid-bits of some interesting looking stuff

Keylay

Looks like there's no invincibility when tagging in/out characters so you can punish bad tags now.

synce

I heard they nerfed Lisa's NH 9K, can't believe they nerfed the CH version too... she's so done lol

Also can't believe they're still using that confusing color scheme for tag lifebar, you can't even tell how much damage anything is doing.

But I'm happy to see they brought in some awesome new stuns from VF, Pai better get some better combos out of it!

BTW, how bad is it that the only source of information about 5U's gameplay comes from random Japanese players and not TN? Meanwhile they've tweeted about boob mousepads for the 100th time. I gotta wonder what the future holds in store for DOA

Brute

Standard Donor
I heard they nerfed Lisa's NH 9K, can't believe they nerfed the CH version too... she's so done lol

Also can't believe they're still using that confusing color scheme for tag lifebar, you can't even tell how much damage anything is doing.

But I'm happy to see they brought in some awesome new stuns from VF, Pai better get some better combos out of it!

BTW, how bad is it that the only source of information about 5U's gameplay comes from random Japanese players and not TN? Meanwhile they've tweeted about boob mousepads for the 100th time. I gotta wonder what the future holds in store for DOA
Nerfing Lisa? Well that's fucked. The only she has that may be deserving of a nerf is 8T. Certainly not 9K :(

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I really hope that guy was just slow on inputting the pick up. If Bass 6kp does not guarantee a pick up anymore then a big portion of his meta game is destroyed.
From what I watched, he certainly didn't need to dash 3 times before attempting it. They could have just made the window tighter.

Also looks like TFBB damage wasn't buffed as it did around half life on hicounter with stage explosions. However, I noticed that his Power Swing knocked down on Pai and looked like it may allow pickup.
And for those hating the no force tech, Tina force teched after her 6H+K.

Lagstab

i like that new animation 0:40 3rd video

edit: itd be cool if @ 1:07 (same video) that string would make her spin even faster after the launch during the initial spin animation

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Well, at least I saw one new move of Akira's. SS K can chain his command throw. Good for switching sides.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I personally see no issue with Lisa's supposed nerfs. 1P still crushes highs and some mids, it's just a little slower. 6KK actually got buffed so that you can get more combos.

The character is still strong. Nothing wrong with that.

From what I watched, he certainly didn't need to dash 3 times before attempting it. They could have just made the window tighter.

Also looks like TFBB damage wasn't buffed as it did around half life on hicounter with stage explosions. However, I noticed that his Power Swing knocked down on Pai and looked like it may allow pickup.
And for those hating the no force tech, Tina force teched after her 6H+K.

That may be the case here. Same as in DOA3.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
She'll probably get more originality in DOA6 you can tell a lot of stuff was made using existing ideas.Momiji herself seems to be a mixture of the ninjas which isn't exactly a bad thing persay but she could use some new animations at least

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Nerfing Lisa? Well that's fucked. The only she has that may be deserving of a nerf is 8T. Certainly not 9K :(

Her 9K gives off that VF knockdown stun, so you can do a possible GUARANTEED 236P, or a small combo. If there is more of this, the game will be more diverse overall imo. We've got more guaranteed stuff now.

Now Zack's 8P needs to give off that stun as well...

TakedaZX

Her 9K gives off that VF knockdown stun, so you can do a possible GUARANTEED 236P, or a small combo. If there is more of this, the game will be more diverse overall imo. We've got more guaranteed stuff now.

Now Zack's 8P needs to give off that stun as well...
I think her 9K already had guaranteed damage though. 9K (SD stun), BT 4P (Guaranteed), Juggle.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD