DOA5U on vita

Kevin Cruz

I want them to port it to vita! Why nobody has asked them to do it on interviews? I even prefer playing on vita since I can take it anywhere and train.

The vita version is even better than the home console version because there's no input lag. Sometimes I drop combos on console version for no reason.

So do we want a DOA5U on vita, or that's just me?

Attachments

• Fuck Me Right.jpg
    Fuck Me Right.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 926

David Gregg

Would love having 5U on the Vita. That's basically the reason why I've been playing DOA 5 for as long as I have. I don't have time to sit in front of a television so to be able to have a portable version was incredible (with the exception of no tag which I was frustrated about).

Unfortunately though it's not going to happen and that sucks b/c it will screw over Vita players in 2 ways. 1) they won't be able to buy ultimate if they don't have a PS3/360 and 2) everyone who still plays DOA is going to be moving over to the Ultimate scene so the only people you're going to see online are going to be Vita users (which literally cuts down online play by more than half easily).

Xernuht

*sigh* I've resigned myself to my fate, but I'm holding out hope for at least a digital release. 5+ sales were low because the Vita tanked and no one plays competitively on Vita. If 5U+ were a 100% clone of the PS360 version with toned down graphics and the same cross-play features that 5+ had, the community members with Vitas (myself included) would jump on that faster than Scrooge McDuck on a $5 bill, if only for the opportunity to do all the unlocking BS away from home.

Sure, that target pretty much sums up less than an absurdly small part of the Sony-centric fanbase, but if they had the balls to do 5+, they can do 5U+.

iOrlando

Actually, I think that they might do it after some time. Team Ninja has brought Ninja Gaiden Sigma & 2 to the vita. I doubt they wouldn't.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Sure, that target pretty much sums up less than an absurdly small part of the Sony-centric fanbase, but if they had the balls to do 5+, they can do 5U+.
Pretty much this. It is not saying much but DOA5+ managed to land a spot in the top PSN downloads for March despite it being released near the end of the month, that only speaks for the people who downloaded it digitally. Tecmo-Koei and Team Ninja do want money (and why wouldn't they?) ergo it would be pretty silly if they do not release DOA5U for the Vita knowing that there will be people (myself included) who would be willing to purchase DLC outfits.

If/when they do release DOA5U for the Vita I hope that make it as close to the console versions as possible, it is understandable that they had to omit things like vs tag matches and lobbies to include plus features like combo training but those are some significant omissions that detract from the overall value of the game. If they can at least add tag matches and lobbies while omitting other things it could be a more worthy and more welcome companion to the console versions of the game.

Xernuht

I just realized something big was missing that needs added: Uploading. You can't upload to YouTube/Facebook in 5+. I would like that in a possible 5U+.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'd love the release but I'm not sure we'll see it anytime soon.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Has there been any word or possible hints that Team Ninja will probably or more than likely release an update (or another retail?) for DOA5U+?

I'm more than likely getting rid of my digital copy to make room for Dragon's Crown later this week since 5U is only a few weeks away (5+ is like 2.5gb and I need the space, only have an 8gb memstick). And I've got weekly offline casuals to keep my play in good form anyway.

I'd like to keep the game, but if there won't be any news on a possible update in the future, I've no reason to hang onto the game due to lack of room on my memstick.

DR2K

Well shame Vita players didn't buy Doa5. Doubt they'll buy Doa5u. The f2p version would be a big hit

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD