DOA5U DOA5U (Ver. 1.03) ELIOT - COMBO VIDEO!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
EN version: JP version:
This video is meant to shed some light on what Eliot is capable of. It goes over B&B setups, Critical Burst setups, Power launcher combos (indoors and outdoors), as well as environmental combos. All the combos displayed in the video CANNOT be stagger escaped, which means that your opponent is put in a situation where he is forced to guess and risk a hold.

I would like to point out that Eliot is NOT an easy character to use, he requires high level execution in order to achieve max damage.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining. ^^

Special thanks to artist:Reptiles

HoodsXx

And yet you niggas sleep on this nigga so hard. Mega props for showing us Elliot is defs solid and shouldn't be slept on.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Eliot is a simple to pick up, hard to master character. It's so easy to mash the same strings with him and get punished for it. Not everyone uses all his tools effectively (including me). He's a combo centric character with a good amount of defensive options.

DontForkWitMe

the only execution he requires is instant 3p which alot of people can do easily while other struggle with for some reason. It took me a whole 2 minutes to get it down pat, don't know why other people have a hard time with it. Hes still an overall weak character compared to the rest of the cast and was unjustly nerfed to hell, A vanilla DOA5 Eliot with his old 6P+K, 7p, 6H+K combine with his 5U buffs would easily be a top 10 character but TN insists on having him remain low tier for some idiotic reason. great vid though

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
the only execution he requires is instant 3p which alot of people can do easily while other struggle with for some reason. It took me a whole 2 minutes to get it down pat, don't know why other people have a hard time with it. Great vid though

its not just that .. the 46P is tricky as well ... yes its not hard but landing it 100% of the time requires alot of training and dedication .. particularly his 2P+K46P for some strange reason .. all the other ones are easier

Malfury

the only execution he requires is instant 3p which alot of people can do easily while other struggle with for some reason. It took me a whole 2 minutes to get it down pat, don't know why other people have a hard time with it.[...]

Well I use a stick, it's hard to get the right feel for it sometimes.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

Maybe its because I'm a VF player, I dont find Akira as difficult. In most cases Akira's inputs can be buffered in. and his 1 frame knee is actually a 2 frame in DOA so its alot easier to do than in VF.

his while guarding combo can be mashed out doing half circles and the correct button presses after the first input.

the game is actually very lenient when it comes to Akira compared to VF.

I
Maybe its because I'm a VF player, I dont find Akira as difficult. In most cases Akira's inputs can be buffered in. and his 1 frame knee is actually a 2 frame in DOA so its alot easier to do than in VF.

his while guarding combo can be mashed out doing half circles and the correct button presses after the first input.

the game is actually very lenient when it comes to Akira compared to VF.
I was having this conversation with a friend earlier, In general terms (without prior knowledge of either character) Akira is definitely the harder one to play. I play with him in VF and I don't deny that he's easier to play in DOA. Still, Eliot is easier when it comes to execution if you ask me.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
FightersLegend said:
I

I was having this conversation with a friend earlier, In general terms (without prior knowledge of either character) Akira is definitely the harder one to play. I play with him in VF and I don't deny that he's easier to play in DOA. Still, Eliot is easier when it comes to execution if you ask me.
At the end of the day its relative... Eliot n genfu gave me hell in their trials compared to the vf lot

Point is, if u wanna be good with eliot u need good excecution. Im not just talking about juggles, his 46P enders are all safe... Mess that up with a P ender by mistake and u can get thrown for free. Its quite a big deal.

uyko112

At the end of the day its relative... Eliot n genfu gave me hell in their trials compared to the vf lot

Point is, if u wanna be good with eliot u need good excecution. Im not just talking about juggles, his 46P enders are all safe... Mess that up with a P ender by mistake and u can get thrown for free. Its quite a big deal.
Food for thought :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD