Would you buy them?

• Yes

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters

Blackburry

Standard Donor
How many of you guys would pay for a villains DLC pack with Tengu, Raidou, Shiden, and Genra for DOA5U?

Much of the community wants Tengu to make a return. Well what if they also included these other characters along with him!?

ManekiNeko

This is going to depend on one really big thing:

dollar_sign_chrome_sized.jpg

The fact is if Marie Rose is a success, TN will probably go the entire paid DLC route for any additional character, so we have to look at the overall cost. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than about $15 for a pack of villains, because to be bluntly honest with you, DOA 5U is the first game I know of that doesn't have some sort of evil boss after X number of rounds. You play it and it feels more like a practice round.

Rawbietussin

IIRC Shiden's not a villain. His moveset needs to be tweaked a little more though since he pretty much plays a lot like Hayate and needs to say more lines than just "Pathetic" lol.

Regardless, I approve of this.

Hoya Destroyer

Mane is right that cost will be a big factor. Still, I am interested in ANY new character TN may add.
I would pay more for a hot girl or a tough guy, than I would for a female with less sex appeal (like Marie Rose), or a bizarre character (like Tengu) though. However, Raidou is my kind of (male) character.
Generally, I think $5-$7 per character would be a fair price. I believe Marie will be about $10 AUD, which is pushing it, for me.
Maybe I can encourage people to support Raidou DLC by re-posting my gifs? :)

iXy3PwLtyWVMy.gif

ibctmVl2rECUB8.gif

David Gregg

How many of you guys would pay for a villains DLC pack with Tengu, Raidou, Shiden, and Genra for DOA5U?

Much of the community wants Tengu to make a return. Well what if they also included these other characters along with him!?

As long as Tengu is included I'm happy. I think the best way would be for them to add Tengu, Raidou, and Genra in a pack together (maybe Shiden but he's not really that evil) for around $8-10 that way more people would buy them.

Pictured Mind

Wiped out damn near the entire thread for going off topic and banned that ridiculous instigator MannywhatthefuckeverNeko. Stick to the topic and stop talking about rape...regardless of how relevant it is to that particular character.

Thank you.

Now for the topic,
I obviously want Tengu. I don't want Raidou like I've said before. I don't like him. The problem for me in Genra. It's not that I don't like Genra, it's just that I don't like the way he was played in Dimensions. I have no idea how he was before that. He was that projectile spamming asshole that was really annoying. He's just gonna be one of those characters that encourages you to not learn the mechanics but just keep spamming.

LOL Shiden.

Jaguar360

Thank you.

Now for the topic,
I obviously want Tengu. I don't want Raidou like I've said before. I don't like him. The problem for me in Genra. It's not that I don't like Genra, it's just that I don't like the way he was played in Dimensions. I have no idea how he was before that. He was that projectile spamming asshole that was really annoying. He's just gonna be one of those characters that encourages you to not learn the mechanics but just keep spamming.

LOL Shiden.
Yeah most of us have agreed that Genra should have a change in playstyle by taking out the projectiles and giving him some better close-range tools. Some ideas that I've come up with for example are making his fire attack like a high version of Momiji's 214P+K or making his wind attack a close-mid range low trip attack. @SilverForte probably has some better ideas about him.

I don't like Raidou for what he has done, but he is one hell of a villain, that's for sure. His gameplay is interesting, but I wasn't really feeling him in Dimensions. I'm pretty much indifferent to his return.

I don't like Tengu's face/nose and thought he was annoying, but it is CLEAR that he needs to return and I fully support that. He deserves his place in the DOA5U roster more than anyone else right now and I'd even give him a chance to learn him again. Over these couple years, I've begun to view Tengu as more of a badass than an ugly thing and I really wish that all the Tengu users get their character back. #Tengu2014

SilverForte

Regarding Genra, if you played him as a projectile spammer in dimensions you deserved to lose, two of his projectiles are complete crap, the lightning is his only good one and is mainly used as a spacing tool because genras up close game is really bad. Even so, it's just too unsafe and slow to be used closer than half screen distance, small stages are really bad for genra cause of this.

If genra was to return, his close range game really needs to be changed, projectiles or no, once you get in on genra, he has an extremely hard time getting out of it, his only options are a slow high crush, 13f mid, or throw punishes, but if the other dude is delaying and mixing up, it's a nightmare. Just to show how slow he is, genra is 15/13/17

I'd say his jab would need to be changed to 12f at the very least, 15f is just ridiculous for a jab, even Tengu and Bass have a 12f high. And his guard breaks need to be changed to give him some real advantage, 66p gives him +1 which is nothing for genra, his only decent frame advantage move is 8k which is +2, which is a high, even then most chars can just jab him out of whatever.

Genra is a char that just needs an overhaul to almost his whole movelist, he can keep his throw loops, but he really needs his strikes to not be so overwhelmingly slow, especially if he won't have his force lightning.

synce

I understand what you're saying but we're already going down that path. First with MR (who I can guarantee will be a popular download) and most likely P4. We might as well request DLC characters we want.

We don't have to go down that path... I want Tengu but I'd never pay for him. As for the people buying Marie or P4, don't be surprised when DOA6 comes around and you see Ein or Bayman or whoever as day 1 DLC.

Argentus

On Raidou, Phase already looks like a composite fighter, unless they wanna go like kilik and sophitia, and make the composite fighters divided by gender. On Tengu, I hope they redesign him, to reflect his defeat in 2. having to wear a tengu mask due to his actual nose broken off by gen fu, or whatever, wings skeletal like Bleeze due to being destroyed in the fight with Ryu, so on and so forth. On Genra....dude SHOULD be a monster in close quarters, with the ranged abilities being a bonus at best.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD