DOA5U won't be a DLC update only retail

I'm sorry i made whole thread about this, but i just found this out and it made me sad, cmon TN dont be CAPCOM, the update isnt that big it should be a full dlc update. i know that theres the free 4 chars. and you can just buy the other chars. but i dont want an incomplete DOA but i already bought my DOA, AND that 4 char. download is only on PS3, im sorry i just wanted anybody who didnt know this to know and i want to hear what you guys think

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
they are making a surprising amount of changes to the gameplay not just more characters.im unsure what the limits of DLC are but they seem to be making this play differently from DOA5 like NGS2 was to NG2.

ninjaguy446

I'm sorry i made whole thread about this, but i just found this out and it made me sad, cmon TN dont be CAPCOM, the update isnt that big it should be a full dlc update. i know that theres the free 4 chars. and you can just buy the other chars. but i dont want an incomplete DOA but i already bought my DOA, AND that 4 char. download is only on PS3, im sorry i just wanted anybody who didnt know this to know and i want to hear what you guys think
The update isn't that big? Seriously? They're giving us Ein, Jackey, Momiji, Rachel, and Leon. That is FIVE WHOLE NEW (Edit: I'm sorry, new to the disc of DOA5 to avoid more confusion) movesets. That takes up a lot of space alone. Imagine the stages! Sure, we got Zack Island, but that's only one stage, not 3. Those two points alone are a lot of space taken up; they are also making balance changes. More BGM, a whole new training mode, costumes, tag revisions, and other miscellaneous stuff.

Please, be happy it's not DLC. Do you know how long the waiting time would be? My God, it'd be hours upon hours. Lol also, appreciate that Team Ninja is supporting the game. At least they're not like NAMCO who limited Project Soul.

DR2K

Buy a new copy or write a letter to Obama, or just say it on your cell.

These are your only choices.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
They're giving us Ein, Jackey, Momiji, Rachel, and Leon. That is FIVE WHOLE NEW movesets.
Definition of NEW

1: having recently come into existence : recent, modern
2a (1) : having been seen, used, or known for a short time : novel <rice was a new crop for the area> (2) : unfamiliar <visit new places>
2b : being other than the former or old <a steady flow of new money>
3: having been in a relationship or condition but a short time <new to the job> <a new wife>
4a : beginning as the resumption or repetition of a previous act or thing <a new day> <the new edition>
4b : made or become fresh <awoke a new person>
4c : relating to or being a new moon
5: different from one of the same category that has existed previously <new realism>
6: of dissimilar origin and usually of superior quality <a new strain of hybrid corn>
7capitalized : modern 3; especially : having been in use after medieval times

ninjaguy446

Definition of NEW

2a (1) : having been seen, used, or known for a short time : novel <rice was a new crop for the area> (2) : unfamiliar <visit new places>
3: having been in a relationship or condition but a short time <new to the job> <a new wife>
4a : beginning as the resumption or repetition of a previous act or thing <a new day> <the new edition>
5: different from one of the same category that has existed previously <new realism>
6: of dissimilar origin and usually of superior quality <a new strain of hybrid corn>

New, as in not on the current DOA5 disc, hence using a lot of space. You knew what I meant.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
New, as in not on the current DOA5 disc, hence using a lot of space. You knew what I meant.

He tends to do that a whole lot; don't mind him. Be that as it may, he does have a point. Some of the movesets the new characters have are variations of already existing characters., namely Hayate and Spartan (provided you played DOA4 for the latter comparison).

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Most of the characters, particularly the males, take about 25-55MB of space on the disk. 90% of which is costume textures. That's not a lot of data.

Dave

I understand people's concern with having to re-buy a game, but this is not the first game to do this and it certainly won't be the last. I honestly don't care that it is retail, it's what I prefer. They are doing a great job at supporting what the fans have asked for, so I'll be happy to support them.

for my love of the series im going to still buy the game, but TN was doing everything right and if it were to be a DLC update they would be king, im also worried that DOA not being as popular as say street fighter that players will just not buy the next version and play something else. but the free trial thing only being on ps3, cmon theres no excuse for that. i at least wanted to try it out

synce

I don't understand the argument. How exactly is this not superior to DLC in every way? Tecmo charges $13 per 12 costumes. For three times that, you get 50 new costumes, 5 characters, stages, and some old DLC packs. Everything is backwards compatible.

If they had separated everything into the usual packs it would've been way more expensive. Even if this meant you'd get the balance/system changes for free, I think most people would rather get the new content to go with it

DR2K

Definition of NEW

This is a genre where adjusting frame data can alter a character greatly and feel like a new character completely.

Making Leon good would be new to every post DOA3 player for what it's worth.

Jacnob

I'm actually very happy this is coming out via retail. My internet is extremely slow, and I'd most likely be waiting days for all of the new content to download.

David Gregg

The real crime is their Core Fighters game. I don't agree with Microsoft on a lot of things but I support them refusing to have the F2P version. I'm not complaining about giving people 4 fighters and most of the game for free, but that's a demo in my book (albeit an extensive and awesome one). Selling fighters for $4 when the game itself costs $40 is absurd. The 5 new fighters alone (which most people would hopefully want as that was one of the main reasons behind making Ultimate) already costs $20.

Argentus

He tends to do that a whole lot; don't mind him. Be that as it may, he does have a point. Some of the movesets the new characters have are variations of already existing characters., namely Hayate and Spartan (provided you played DOA4 for the latter comparison).

To be fair, Spartan was mostly using Bayman and Leon moves to begin with.

The real crime is their Core Fighters game. I don't agree with Microsoft on a lot of things but I support them refusing to have the F2P version. I'm not complaining about giving people 4 fighters and most of the game for free, but that's a demo in my book (albeit an extensive and awesome one). Selling fighters for $4 when the game itself costs $40 is absurd. The 5 new fighters alone (which most people would hopefully want as that was one of the main reasons behind making Ultimate) already costs $20.

But I already BOUGHT DOA5. I do NOT want to support Team Ninja going the way of Capcom and constantly rereleasing the same game. Hence why I want to get Core Fighters. Then I would simply buy Mila, and Leon, and be happy, rather than having to buy Ultimate, aka, buying DOA5 AGAIN.

DR2K

You don't quite understand the point of the F2P model. It's not about buying everything(that's what the full version is for) it's about paying what you want for the things you need. Do you go to the grocery store and complain about people saving money by buying in bulk?

There is no crime here, that Capcom or any fighter do. Sports games and the ilk charge more for rosters that play the exact same by the year.

David Gregg

You don't quite understand the point of the F2P model. It's not about buying everything(that's what the full version is for) it's about paying what you want for the things you need. Do you go to the grocery store and complain about people saving money by buying in bulk?

There is no crime here, that Capcom or any fighter do. Sports games and the ilk charge more for rosters that play the exact same by the year.

I guess it's just the principle behind it that irks me. I don't mind as long as there will always be the full version that you can buy at a lower cost but this whole microtransaction stuff is really starting to catch on. It's a lot easier to get someone to buy $100 worth of microtransactions than it is to buy a $100 game at Gamestop.

Argentus

I guess it's just the principle behind it that irks me. I don't mind as long as there will always be the full version that you can buy at a lower cost but this whole microtransaction stuff is really starting to catch on. It's a lot easier to get someone to buy $100 worth of microtransactions than it is to buy a $100 game at Gamestop.

Well that's because people can pay what totals to $100, eventually, in small increments, a lot easier than they can shell out a hundred bucks up front.

Its why we do Payments on everything from cars, to houses, to subscriptions. Its easier to pay a little bit at a time, then everything at once.

Even more so when you only want certain things from the game. Like in this, I'm only really interested in Leon, so if I could, I'd get Core Fighters, then just buy him, and Mila (my current main).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD