DOA5U Zack Mini Breakdown (From Summer Jam till Launch and Beyond)

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Well hello there guys. I'm making this thread for the lazy people that cannot be asked to search up all of the previously made Zack changes threads. So here we go, and let's do this.

Leggo...
:zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack:
  • The bounce from :6::P::P: and :214::P: is now higher. You know what that means, GUARANTEED :P::P::6::P::P: bitches! Yeah. This is what we needed.
  • Seemingly better recovery on the gatling kicks. This is good for combos now.
  • :4::H+K: has that new bound animation. This is cool. We needed more guaranteed damage on that, didn't we?
  • Still no news on :236::P::P::P: yet... We need it in.
  • :6::P+K: has better recovery. My most used move from far pressure.
  • :H+K: gives off a larger guard break.
  • DOA3's :P::P::6::K::K: is in the house! One of the best looking moves yet.
  • String off of :9::K:. It has five hits and I'm assuming they are all mids. This is gonna be a problem.
  • :236::K: has faster start-up. :eek:.
  • :P::P::6::P::K: has the same properties as :4::H+K:. And the :6::P: stuns. This is sick.
  • He has a string off of :6::6::P: now, it has the inputs of :6::6::P::6::P::P::P::P:. I don't know how useful it is going to be, but he should be able to get to the end of the stun threshold quite easily.
  • DOA3's :P::P::6::K::K: has the inputs of :P::P::6::K::H+K: and :6::K::H+K:. An initial version hasn't been shown yet. :(
  • STILL no news about :236::P::P::P: being in yet...
  • :3::P::P::P: has amazing launch. Badaboombang.
  • :P::P::P:, :P::P::6_::P::P: and :P::P::6_::P::6_::P::P: (In duck) have slower start-up, but do like %5 more damage, and can get you to the end of the threshold REALLY quickly and also gives off a high launch.
  • :6::P+K: is safer than it was at Summer Jam. You can now block a i10 jab straight afterwards. It is still neutral throw punishable. Lucky Zack because he can break it.
  • :P+K: has faster start up, but does less damage than in Vanilla. Kind of sucks.
  • I believe that :4::K: stuns on NH now.
  • :3::3::K::P: (Kobe*) Does a MASSIVE bounce (Well, mid bounce height) on NH. This is actually really good.
  • CONFIRMED CB setups are: :4::K: > :P+K: > :236::K:
  • :4::K::2: > (In Duck) :P::P::6_::P::4: > (In sway) :P+K:
  • :2::P: (Counter) > :3::P::P: > :P: > :236::K: / :4::P::P+K: (To beat hold active frames)
  • :9::K: > :6::P::P: > :236::K: that's all I've seen.
  • Sway has faster start-up.
  • :1::[p+k>::K:.
  • :6::K: gives you a better stun now.
  • :2::K: (On downed foe) cannot be backwards tech escaped anymore, and it covers more range.
  • :2::P: still does psuedo FT, surprisingly.
  • He can go into Duck after his power launcher, which means... :K: relaunch bitch!
  • :zack:
There will be more stuff on the way... I will be making notes on here as I go. This means I will be reserving post slots for my in-depth breakdown that will be started on the first day of release as I'm pre-ordering it. This will be the most in-depth breakdown/ tutorials I have ever done so I will put as much work in as I possibly can as long as school doesn't come into the way... -_- Either way....See you guys at launch until about freaking November time! (My birthday!)
:zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack::zack:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Day 1: Here we go!!! (Mario voice)

New moves:
:6::K::H+K::
Frames: 31 (3) 29
Damage: 40
Critical Damage: 28 (CL1)
Type: High P (x2) / Mid K (x2)/ Strike/ Tracking
Facing: Forwards
Adv. On Block: -8
Adv. On Hit: +49

:6::6::H+K::K::
Frames: 23 (2) 29
Damage: 36
Critical Damage: 0
Type: High K (x2)/ Strike/ No Tracking
Adv. On Block: -4
Adv. On Hit: +57

:6::6::P::6::P::P::P::P::
Frames: 17 (4) 31
Damage: 90
Type: Mid P (x5)/ Strike/ No Tracking
Adv. On Block: -7
Adv. On Hit: +27

:P::P::6::P::P: (DOA1 - 4 comeback):
Frames: 18 (3) 28
Damage: 56
Type: High P (x2)/ Mid P (x2)/ Strike/ No Tracking
Adv. On Block: -18
Adv. On Hit: +31

Moves That Are Now Safe On Block and Hit:
Ok, Zack was buffed, only because of his FT game is now gone. He got a damage boost and can get to the end of stun quicker than before. To balance this out, Zack was made slower so that the word "Nerf" wouldn't be thrown around like an American Football. OK, let's do it:
  • :4::K: is only -1 on block, this should be used more often.
  • :6::P+K: is -4 on block. This is actually too sick. Zack players now have to keep pushing their opponents with safe moves so that they can bait holds.
  • :6::6::H+K::K: is also -4 on block. How amazing is that? Very. The only problem I have with it is that it cannot be linked into combos. But that's OK, it evades lows and since it's new, people won't know what attribute the attack is (It's HighKK btw)
I think that's it. I'll look into his move list further tomorrow.

New Bound Attacks
Gawd Dammit, TN! They removed the stuff from Summer Jam! Oh well. Let's get into it.
  • :3::P:(:P:) on Hi Counter or at the end of the threshold gives off FBS (Fall-Back Stun).
  • :4::H+K:/ :P::P::6::P::K: and :6::6::P+K: does FBS on KO. Not that it even counts.
That's it. Lol.

New Launch Attacks:
  • :8::K: and :3::P+K: (NH) on Counter or higher gives off that new spin launch.
  • :6::6::K: and :3::3::K: give off that launch where their arms and legs are pointed towards the ground.
That's it for today.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
New found tech from Ver. 1.03:
  • After first hit, :6::6::P::6::P::P::P::P: is guaranteed on CH.
  • :2::P+K::K: re-launches after bound state.
  • :4::K::2: is +1 on hit AND block.
  • Damage buff on :6::6::H+P:
  • Advantage buff on :6::H+P: (1 frame)
  • Faster cancel timing on :236::h:
  • New fight intro. Still no new outro.... :(
  • Zack Beam has bigger beam.
  • Smooth Criminal has better troll properties. Goes under highs now.
That's it.

Last edited:

RhythmikDesigns

I really wish they would have made :4::H+K: (or any of its variations) just SDS in critical stun and given it less recovery, at least to the point the opponent had to at least slow escape out of it.

MasterHavik

Jesus...they turn him into a monster..is this DOA4 Zack, but with more toys to play with? Btw they gave us 4k stunning on NH for real? If that's true than we got a move that stun on NH and sitdown stuns on CH...that is so fucking cheap. I also see we Cb in three hits. Also the damage nerf to P+K is expected when it currently leads to a nasty frame trap to where the only option for the is to hold it. What is it? P+K, pk it's so good.:p

RhythmikDesigns

Just a quick analysis from playing around for the last hour or so....

+4K2 is plus on hit and block
-6P does not stun on normal hit in any of his strings.
-ALL of his untechables are gone (but this is because of the changes to the ground game)
-6KK gives a new launch animations causing him to lose some juggle possibilities that he had in Vanilla

A lot of the things in the OP are not in the game. When I get a chance I'll break it down in more detail.

Last edited:

MasterHavik

Once again TN takes two steps forward with Zack and then three steps back. SMH I got the free to play version i'll hopefully be getting the whole game later when my brother comes home.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Zack didn't get slower. He's still fast. Having trouble getting 4H+K and PP6PK to bound.
It doesn't bound anymore. TN took three steps back. He's still fast, but if you play DOA5V, and then DOA5U, he feels a tad heavier.

MasterHavik

It doesn't bound anymore. TN took three steps back. He's still fast, but if you play DOA5V, and then DOA5U, he feels a tad heavier.
lol wow...when did they take that out? that's fucking stupid...now they a removing moves that is suppose to be new. I only have one bound now. btw...he has more moves out of BT now.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
lol wow...when did they take that out? that's fucking stupid...now they a removing moves that is suppose to be new. I only have one bound now. btw...he has more moves out of BT now.
So... It was removed for Ver. 1.01, and I want them to bring it back for ver. 1.02.

Side note: I saw COM do DOA4 :236::K: on 5U, and it's not on the move list, and can't be done by a human player. What bull.

MasterHavik

So... It was removed for Ver. 1.01, and I want them to bring it back for ver. 1.02.

Side note: I saw COM do DOA4 :236::K: on 5U, and it's not on the move list, and can't be done by a human player. What bull.
Why do they keep doing that with zack? Having the AI do moves we can't do. i'll tell hoodles this. He's the only zack going to the TFC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD