DoA6: Bass' combos into vortex?

lawgamer

Hello, guys. As far as I can tell, Bass' juggles into ground pick up mostly remain the same ftom DoA5 LR (aside from back throw). But there's still a lot of labbing ahead for me! Could you share your findings here?

1) What are the best way to get the vortex (ground pick up or frame advantage) from juggles midscreen? Light, middle and heavy weights?

2) What are optimal wall combo routes? This is a lot of trouble for me - can't get the right sequences near walls :(

Thanks!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hello, guys. As far as I can tell, Bass' juggles into ground pick up mostly remain the same ftom DoA5 LR (aside from back throw). But there's still a lot of labbing ahead for me! Could you share your findings here?

1) What are the best way to get the vortex (ground pick up or frame advantage) from juggles midscreen? Light, middle and heavy weights?

2) What are optimal wall combo routes? This is a lot of trouble for me - can't get the right sequences near walls :(

Thanks!

If you launch someone, depending on weight and if in stun or not you'll want to do:
:3::P: :6::K::P: :2::T:
You can get another 3P at the start if they're light weight.

You also get the ground throw option select from :4::T: by doing :6::H+K: then if they're light weight you do
:3::P::6::K::P::2::T:
and all other characters you do
:6_::5::K::P::2::T:

Where you want to delay the :K: so it hits the character as their legs fall to the ground.

Wall combo routes, from what I've found so far, are the same as DOA5 really. Nothing's changed that much. On light and mid weights you could go for damage and spacing by doing :3::P::T: as a wall combo. You can also do :3::P::6::K::P: W! :6::P::2::T: to be +1 if they tech. You should also be able to do :3::P::6::K::P: :2::T::5::2::T: where you have to return to standing before it registers the ground throw. That gives him a bit more + advantage than the +1 but is difficult to time due to the returning to neutral.

lawgamer

You should also be able to do :3::P::6::K::P::2::T::5::2::T: where you have to return to standing before it registers the ground throw. That gives him a bit more + advantage than the +1 but is difficult to time due to the returning to neutral.
That must be it. I've become too rusty and screw up the timing (returning to neutral part). Tried to use P+K before the ground throw too - doesn't work for me.

Thanks a lot. Gotta get more practice! :)

XxNoriakixX

Did I understand it correctly? The 3P, 6KP, 2T°2T part, do I have to whiff the first 2T, wait until Bass is standing again and then do it again to reset the opponent? I cannot test it right now, sorry for the question and thank you in advance!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Did I understand it correctly? The 3P, 6KP, 2T°2T part, do I have to whiff the first 2T, wait until Bass is standing again and then do it again to reset the opponent? I cannot test it right now, sorry for the question and thank you in advance!
Yes, that is correct.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD