DOA6 Story Discussion

Mayor-Of-Mustard

nyo is in the story? but she's preorder dlc.... that ain't adding up. unless she's just in cutscenes
Im thinking maybe since they're already technically in the game and revealed before the game's release, and not DLC revealed months after the game's release, they might be in the main story.

(im not sure if i worded it right, but get me?)

Boogie

nyo is in the story? but she's preorder dlc.... that ain't adding up. unless she's just in cutscenes

for her to be preorder dlc, shes just as finished as the rest of the cast as shes avaliable day 1 *if* you preorder. so its very possible for her and phase 4 to be in the story, just not playable.

actually phase 4 was in doa5 story and not playable.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I am really curious as to who is going to win the DOA tournament this time around. It is always someone different after every canonical installment which is part of the reason why I like this series so much (from a narrative perspective).

Potential candidates would probably be someone like Hitomi (whom literally worked her ass off ever since her first installment. She has placed in every tournament she has been in). There is also a strong possibility of the one of the ninjas being champions (Kasumi, Ayane, and Hayabusa have all won a tournament at one point).

I really hope that Hayate is readjusted so that he is not so much of a ridiculous jobber, along with having a little more characterization (or a character re-railment. Because, I heard a handful of complaints claiming that he has been "flanderized" into being a little too stoic. I could be wrong though, but YMMV. I'm not necessarily here to question anyone's intelligence here).

just_me

Standard Donor

She'll probably be a (minor) antagonist and you will fight her, but not as her… I'd assume it will be similar for Phase 4 (still think she should just be a Kasumi costume/“echo fighter”… but I guess at least all the teleporting will look pretty cool with the new effects)

juliusxcix

i dont like the idea of dlc being in the story unless theyre just in cutscenes. like kokoro’s mom. it rubs me the wrong way. i mean, imma preorder the deluxe anyway but still

zoo

i dont like the idea of dlc being in the story unless theyre just in cutscenes. like kokoro’s mom. it rubs me the wrong way. i mean, imma preorder the deluxe anyway but still
Thankfully with doa we know they'll be playable. Still not over that crap mkx did

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

I don't see the problem if the DLC characters have their own story chapters... that only adds to the content you are getting and further completes the character.

Also wouldn't have a problem with all of the DOA universe characters being a part of the story.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
if she saw that her mother was alive and suddenly just flew away from her.
tenor.gif

TOBMAST3R

for her to be preorder dlc, shes just as finished as the rest of the cast as shes avaliable day 1 *if* you preorder. so its very possible for her and phase 4 to be in the story, just not playable.

actually phase 4 was in doa5 story and not playable.

Well, in Street Fighter 5 you are able to play DLC characters in story-mode, even if you didn't buy them.
Could also be the case in DOA6.

Sotherius

Ok. I think I have a lot to talk about, mostly speculation.

The big elephant in the room is Rig to me.
-In the Release date trailer, we see Rig with glowy eyes.
-In the same trailer, we see Hayate pushing Rig against a wall and Rig asking: "Who the hell are you?!"
-In Bass' biography on the DOA 6 pages, it states Bass took Rig from the oil Rig and is helping him on the city.

This leads me to a bunch of different assumptions, but what we know?
In DOA 5, there is a plot point where Rig doesn't "know" Christie, but she knows him, and then, we see Rig revealing his true self against Hayate and Kasumi at the end, and also calling "Donovan" father.
Now, if we take what he say to Hayate in the trailer and the glowy eyes, i think, Rig was being honest. I think he is some sort of weird sleeper agent, that only gets "activated" on the right time, and all the other time, he is just a good guy, trying to do his honest work and all of that.

About Ayane, there is a lot of scenes with her in this. I want to say that the feud with Kasumi is over for good since DOA 5. Now i we see her infiltrating some place, which is obviously is a M.I.S.T. station. Then we also have her interacting with Honoka and Marie (that we know are traveling together for training), and we also see her wounded in what seems to be a lab. First, i'm glad to see Ayane infiltrating something alone, since that is what the hajinmon sect does, but it seems things went south for her, who knows what happens after that. But also, if we assume Honoka is Raidou's daughter just as Ayane is, we could see some fun development for Ayane, as in the first 4 games, she had a feud with her half sister, and now she grew to protect her other half sister. Protect Honoka of course, from M.I.S.T. that would love to experiment on her Raidou genes, or, Honoka is already an experiment and Ayane is trying to save her from being caught again. Which to me might mean that the "falling while bruised scene" in the lab might be some sort of self sacrifice, if it isn't she failing at her job, which i don't like but it couls also be a possibility.

There are other really interesting stuff of course going on, like Team Muscle, and Tina running for governor, Leifang and Hitomi seem to be having weirder adventures than before.

Anyways, i'm curious where the story will go, and where character development will go.

uwu

its nice that they are including all characters at least in the narrative it shows that they tried to give everyone at least a shred of spotlight

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD