DOA6 Story Discussion

Ted E. Bear

why is this thread so abandoned? this is such an interesting topic in my opinion...

i feel like tn presents the story mode the same way they did with doa5... there's a big event they promote heavily (doa5: "kasumi" being killed, doa6: helena's performance of her life when she's whining on the ground, being the drama queen once again), explosions everywhere (true for both games) and, most importantly, pointing guns at people (at this point it's a running gag). it was also stated that some events can be skipped... in other words... filler fights for days. tn saying that only 30% of the storyline will be serious and the other 70%... well... not kinda supports that statement.

as seen in the trailer, ayane will be defeated (by a villain i suppose). there isn't really much to chose from, it's either christie, rig or the new girl (if she's evil, that is). i doubt they will let christie defeat ayane cAuSe sHe's nOt stRoNg enOugh, same goes for righ tho.

zoo

I have high hopes for this one, 5 bored me to tears and is probably my least favorite story in the series. Seems like they're taking criticism from it by making 6 easier to follow and adding more personality (with the bigger focus on light heart narrative). It being doa no should be expecting the next citizen kane or anything but looking forward to it for sure.

I was actually one of the few ppl who liked the idea of the 5's cinematic route since doa never really got much cutscenes outside the few from story mode it was cool to see the next big chapter all brought together like that. Execution was pretty trash but I imagine it's difficult as hell making a great story in any fighting game since you have to involve the whole cast somehow and have it all make sense. Based on how 6 is presenting itself, a more flashy charismatic 5, that's sorta what I'm expecting which is fine with me.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

why is this thread so abandoned? this is such an interesting topic in my opinion...

i feel like tn presents the story mode the same way they did with doa5... there's a big event they promote heavily (doa5: "kasumi" being killed, doa6: helena's performance of her life when she's whining on the ground, being the drama queen once again), explosions everywhere (true for both games) and, most importantly, pointing guns at people (at this point it's a running gag). it was also stated that some events can be skipped... in other words... filler fights for days. tn saying that only 30% of the storyline will be serious and the other 70%... well... not kinda supports that statement.

as seen in the trailer, ayane will be defeated (by a villain i suppose). there isn't really much to chose from, it's either christie, rig or the new girl (if she's evil, that is). i doubt they will let christie defeat ayane cAuSe sHe's nOt stRoNg enOugh, same goes for righ tho.

what if they make her drink magical mist plot juice

I have high hopes for this one, 5 bored me to tears and is probably my least favorite story in the series. Seems like they're taking criticism from it by making 6 easier to follow and adding more personality (with the bigger focus on light heart narrative). It being doa no should be expecting the next citizen kane or anything but looking forward to it for sure.

I was actually one of the few ppl who liked the idea of the 5's cinematic route since doa never really got much cutscenes outside the few from story mode it was cool to see the next big chapter all brought together like that. Execution was pretty trash but I imagine it's difficult as hell making a great story in any fighting game since you have to involve the whole cast somehow and have it all make sense. Based on how 6 is presenting itself, a more flashy charismatic 5, that's sorta what I'm expecting which is fine with me.

my favourite part about 5's story was the interactions ngl, even if they were a bit silly.

Last edited:

Ted E. Bear

what if they make her drink magical mist plot juice
yes, that's a good point. probably that's why rig's eyes glow red in the trailer.

also, i noticed that my previous post comes across somewhat negative in regards to the story mode, which is definitely not the chase. i'm thrilled about it but i can't look at it without doa5 in my mind. in fact, i went over doa5's story mode and gathered some things that i find ridiculous or that do not add up at all...

1. mila was able to defeat zack on her own but when she faced him alongside tina, zack took them both down.
2. why was kasumi looking for her clone literally at the end of the world? like what are chances that she will find alpha there? also, how did she not freeze her ass off?
3. kokoro was able to defeat jann lee (the winner of the tournament) and akira but not eliot. ok.
4. eliot and brad were defeated by tina and mila but were able to take down leifang and hitomi. bull. shit.
5. since zack has lost to mila in the beginning, how was he able to defeat jann lee?
6. eliot defeating christie? don't make me fucking laugh.
7. i still hate the fact that jann lee kicked hitomi out of the tournament in the finals...
8. bayman defeating hayate. gurl staaahp.
9. apparently, helena forgot for a hot minute that she and kokoro share the same father. hm.
10. why was hayate so exhausted after his fight against rig? like... kasumi defeated him so effortlessly...
11. what was that mess that tn dares to call a final boss? was it alpha-152 in her final form or something else?
12. who was kasumi referring to in the end when she said that she would fight on? no shade here, i'm just curious

P2p1mbs

also, i noticed that my previous post comes across somewhat negative in regards to the story mode, which is definitely not the chase. i'm thrilled about it but i can't look at it without doa5 in my mind. in fact, i went over doa5's story mode and gathered some things that i find ridiculous or that do not add up at all...

1. mila was able to defeat zack on her own but when she faced him alongside tina, zack took them both down.
2. why was kasumi looking for her clone literally at the end of the world? like what are chances that she will find alpha there? also, how did she not freeze her ass off?
3. kokoro was able to defeat jann lee (the winner of the tournament) and akira but not eliot. ok.
4. eliot and brad were defeated by tina and mila but were able to take down leifang and hitomi. bull. shit.
5. since zack has lost to mila in the beginning, how was he able to defeat jann lee?
6. eliot defeating christie? don't make me fucking laugh.
7. i still hate the fact that jann lee kicked hitomi out of the tournament in the finals...
8. bayman defeating hayate. gurl staaahp.
9. apparently, helena forgot for a hot minute that she and kokoro share the same father. hm.
10. why was hayate so exhausted after his fight against rig? like... kasumi defeated him so effortlessly...
11. what was that mess that tn dares to call a final boss? was it alpha-152 in her final form or something else?
12. who was kasumi referring to in the end when she said that she would fight on? no shade here, i'm just curious

Seems like you might be over thinking some of these questions; it doesnt really matter who won most of the fights, that's just what the poorly written plot dictated.

Tough Zack beating Mila and Tina at the same time could be explained by the inverse ninja law.

Atahotaku

I don't remember this one. If you are talking about that scene in the bar with her, that's just her playing the stupid by not wanting to reveal Kokoro the truth

Ted E. Bear

Seems like you might be over thinking some of these questions
i'm not denying this at all. i write articles for my own wiki so i need to overanalyze everything.

I don't remember this one. If you are talking about that scene in the bar with her, that's just her playing the stupid by not wanting to reveal Kokoro the truth
yeah, when kokoro asks helena about her (helena's) father. then helena replies that he was a good father, (quote) just as she's sure kokoro's was as well. if someone is not familiar with the story this is completely misleading.

Dr PaC

I just dont want Hayate to be the damsel in distress anymore. Let him interact with Hitomi more to give her relevance.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
i'm not denying this at all. i write articles for my own wiki so i need to overanalyze everything.

yeah, when kokoro asks helena about her (helena's) father. then helena replies that he was a good father, (quote) just as she's sure kokoro's was as well. if someone is not familiar with the story this is completely misleading.

I think Bayman is capable of easily destroying Hayate in the story mode. Stumps and tree trunks possess more will and intelligence than Hayate. :ninja:

P2p1mbs

Let him interact with Hitomi more to give her relevance.

Given how popular Hitomi is, I'm pretty sure she's already more relevant than him. Ein has been more relevant than him.

The most relevant thing Hayate has done in the series' story was when he stupidly gave Raidou the Torn Sky Blast move in the DOAU intro which led to him getting his back broken and motivating Kasumi to avenge him kicking off the first game.

Dr PaC

Given how popular Hitomi is, I'm pretty sure she's already more relevant than him. Ein has been more relevant than him.

The most relevant thing Hayate has done in the series' story was when he stupidly gave Raidou the Torn Sky Blast move in the DOAU intro which led to him getting his back broken and motivating Kasumi to avenge him kicking off the first game.

My bad, lol. By relevance for Hitomi I mean, I want her more involved with the ninjas outside of just meeting Hayate and then they fight and then deuce out, you know. Their romance should be more than just that. And I know Hayate has gotten his fair share of beatdowns in the overall story and he's prolly the weakest of the 4 ninjas, but thats why I think its time he gets a win under his belt for once. It has to suck being the older brother and constantly getting saved by both your younger sisters like always. Then Hayabusa comes in and just emasculates him further. Hayate deserves to be more than just the sweet onii-chan that constantly gets kidnapped and beat up by non ninjas.

zoo

Well a lot of stuff to discuss now.
- new villain/scientist Nico
- Raidou prototype?
- Kokoro confronts Helena about their relationship
- Lisa and Tina reunite/Lisa fucking lives

Already liking this plot over 5

Dr PaC

- Raidou prototype?

Is it wrong that I ship TinaxMila and that in my eyes, seeing Lisa stroll in to talk to Tina during her training time with Mila was the equivalent of an ex girlfriend barging in on a date, lol. Sorry, thats just how my head canon saw it. Im extremely glad Lisa is alive and looks better gameplay wise than she has in a long time.

Reactions: zoo

jellypvdding

nico:
all i know is, once og kasumi finds out babygirl is responsible for robo-raidou, it's on sight. and i'm here for it!
she's cute though so hopefully she makes it out of this game alive. :p

helena and kokoro:
i'd like to know what helena's trying to accomplish in general with this new doatec gig of hers. as for kokoro she better step up her drama game cos "kokoro and the mysterious mystery of the mysterious half-sisters"™ is getting old.

lisa:
i hope she reflects on all the times she's almost gotten blown up and makes some better choices this time around. haha.

uwu

i really hope there is more emotion in this story than in 5 bc...
oh and i want the ninjas to interact with each other more like??? they probably said 5 words to each other throughout the whole game

A concept: marie rose and nico are actually twins and nico went into mist as marie rose gave her ALL the tea on doatec

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

A concept: marie rose and nico are actually twins and nico went into mist as marie rose gave her ALL the tea on doatec

More than likely, NiCO and Honoka are clones of Marie. She may technincally be younger then Honoka but maybe her DNA was taken to make Marie while her mother was still pregnant with her so Honoka was born first.

Needs DOAD levels of face slapping

With the character being slapped being someone other than Ayane or Kasumi. Preferably Hayate or Marie.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
- Raidou prototype?

Some stuff said in our reveal story:

- NiCO's Zero lab is on the destroyed Zack Island
- Helena is forced into a corner with Kokoro... how did NiCO have access to this picture? Did she give it to Kokoro to stir the pot, or are they friends?
- Lisa likes to go Lucha when she is depressed.
- Maybe they are building Raidou to the state that he is in when we have him in five? Or maybe they plan to start some kind of war with loads of these Raidou soldiers.

Super stoked about the story, it seems they are going to reveal a lot.

rximmortal

Am I the only one that think Diego x Mila is a possibility ?
They are both in New York and Both speak Spanish, and both are street related ...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD