DOAD Character Strengths per the Japanese Guide

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I posted a nice, handy chart of what the characters strengths are in the game per the Japanese guide I have here: http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/doad-character-strengths-per-the-japanese-guide/

Unfortunately it's cut-off due to how the wiki works and hopefully we'll get that cleared up but in the meantime... have some charts compiling the info.

This is the entirety of the information in one chart:
doad_guide_strengths.png

Here are eight charts broken down by section:
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png

Baron West

This is interesting. Other than Hayabusa, the characters with the highest combined stats aren't top tier. I guess this reflects the fact that the attributes rated aren't all highly significant in actual game play.

Looking at the fields:

attack speed: How quick their attacks come out and string.
strings: string variation/length
strength: damage per hit/string
reach: maximum range
throws: Throw damage, options
counter holds: Damage and options for holds
OH: Usability of OHs
Evasiveness: movement and teleports, general strange hitboxes

I can see why being rated high in attack speed and string quality wouldn't effect tier listing that much. Reach isn't quite as much of an issue in DOA as other games. Evasiveness doesn't do as much against experienced players.

Berzerk!

Very nifty charts, grap3.

I think Reach, if it refers to how many mid/long range moves a character has, is still an important stat because the spacing game is very important in DOA. It reduces the reliability of your opponents holds and opens up whiff punishment to space out of their attack reach, and having moves with good reach to get back in as you need to, is a good advantage.

synce

Mmm I love charts like these. There's one bar conspicuously missing from one of the graphs... Gave me a good chuckle yes it did

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD