DOAD: Dimensions sold 310,000 copies LTD

According to a recent quarterly analysis from Koei-Tecmo Global (Japan), Dead or Alive Dimensions has only managed to sell 310,000 copies in its lifetime. That's global numbers which include North America, Europe, Japan, and Asia.

The low number could be attributed to the weak sales of the Nintendo 3DS platform. A platform which has had trouble marketing itself to consumers.

Dead or Alive Dimensions released at the end of May. So the question remains, are you one of the 310,000 owners of the portable Dead or Alive? Do you still play your copy? or have you given up on your game and/or the Nintendo 3DS?

997816_171985.jpg

I'd say that's pretty decent given the poor reception of the 3DS and the fact that its a fighter on a hand held. I'd prolly still play DoAD if it wasn't for the piss poor online setup.

i bought it and play it a little bit, but id say it was one of the worst DOA out there. the use of range attacks doubled the noobs online, and the grade points was all messed up. but if your looking for a funning fighting game on a portable device i'd say its the best for that category.

I'm among the people who own it, and I still play it, though my opportunities to play online are currently limited due to personal circumstances. Despite being a handheld on a platform that doesn't have the most ideal of controls, I haven't given up on the game nor the 3DS. Being a Christie player proud of the costume selections and having some tweaks that made her decent in 4.0, that and my own personal tolerance for DOA4 should hold me until DOA5.

Being released at the end of May means the game has had little more than 6 months of sales. reaching 310,000 units is technically a feat over the low sales of the 3DS - especially given its high price point until recently. If only the system sold better then the community may have been larger.

Ah the land of the 'ifs'.

I think releasing in May gave it it a benefit in sales actually. At that point, everyone with a 3DS was done was done with their launch titles and looking for something new. Again, all speculation but it's based on a lot of comments I saw on NeoGAF.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD