DOAD Tier List Discussion

The HuBBs

Okay, here's where the main discussion about the game's tier list shall be. I will have two lists in this post. The first will be The agreed upon Tier list and the second is my thoughts on what the chracters are tiered.

Community Tier List:
S - Gen Fu, Hayabusa, Kasumi
A - Hayate, K-Alpha, Hitomi, Ayane, Helena
B - Lei Fang, Christie, Raidou, Zack, Ein, Shiden, Bayman, Jann Lee, Genra, Lisa
C - Kokoro, Leon, Tina, Eliot, 152
D - Tengu, Brad Wong, Bass

-----

Hubbs' Tier List:
S - Hayabusa, Gen Fu, Hayate
A - Kasumi, K-Alpha, Ayane, Hitomi
B - Raidou, Jann Lee, Genra, Helena, Ein, Zack, Lisa, Shiden, Bayman
C - Leon, Eliot, Tina, Christie, Kokoro, Lei Fang, 152
D - Bass, Brad Wong, Tengu

The HuBBs

some mids. I can nail him with gen fu's
6.gif
punch.gif

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm hearing Bayman's old mid parry that catches all mids+highs now.

That's pretty retarded if true.

Can't even begin to tell you how much damage I could cause with that.

SkatanMilla

S - Gen Fu, Genra, Hayabusa, Kasumi
A - Ayane, Lei Fang, Zack, Helena, Hitomi, Hayate, K-Alpha
B - 152, Christie, Jann Lee, Ein, Lisa, Shiden, Raidou, Bayman,
C - Kokoro, Leon, Tina, Brad Wong
D - Bass, Tengu, Eliot

The HuBBs

altered my personal list. I am dropping genra a couple becauase he really struggles as a zoning character aginst hayabusa and hayate due to their teleports. And its a hard battle but still winable against other fast characters like Zack, Hitomi and Kasumi.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Alpha 152 needs to be knocked way down that list. Her counters and parries do no damage but, while teleporting her, still leave her unable to move and open to be attacked. She also has no wake up kicks. The only reason people thing she's good is because the CPU is overly aggressive with her.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
She is fast with deceptive hit levels, but I agree. Definitely a close-range character.

SkatanMilla

152 has good normal hit stuns, and a very dangerous throw game.
She struggles with going for quick launchers though, and her holds don't do any damage.
She's got really good strings as an incentive for people to start countering, think Doa4 Eliot.

Google is Google tier. There isn't really any comparison.

Let's see, based on my limited knowledge of the game.

S - Gen Fu, Hayabusa, Kasumi, K-Alpha
A - Ayane, Lei Fang, Zack, Helena, Hitomi, Hayate
B - 152, Christie, Jann Lee, Ein, Lisa, Shiden, Raidou, Bayman
C - Kokoro, Leon, Brad Wong, Genra
D - Bass, Tengu, Eliot, Tina

Of course, take that with a grain of salt. I'm not entirely familiar with the characters.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Alpha 152 really needs to be a lot lower on everyone's lists. This game is almost completely dependent on the counter for defense and to do damage for you. Not only do her counters not do any damage, they teleport you into the spot you're already at, unblocked and your opponent's string continues to hit you. Her offensive holds do some decent damage but they're mostly impossible to perform on the 3DS's crappy directional pad.

I realize she has bad defense, but I put her at C tier just because of sheer damage potential. A full wall combo easily gets 80 damage just using basic strings.

Also, her teleports move you around a fair bit. Enough to make the preset strings miss.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The only time you can teleport is after you've been knocked into a wall. All the other teleports like her counters leave you in the same exact spot. Her parry nets you behind your opponent but then she has no follow-ups. Playing her has one advantage though, I'm not finding myself constantly dependent on counters. It's a very interesting way to play DOA. I'd suggest you all giving her a shot.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD