:K: - Kick - K
:F: - Free - F
:h: - Hold - H
:+: - Combination of Multiple Buttons - +
Press that Direction Once - Short Notation - Hold that Direction
:7: :8: :9: - 7 8 9 - :7_: :8_: :9_:
:4: :Link: :6: - 4 5 6 - :4_: :Link: :6_:
:1: :2: :3: - 1 2 3 - :1_: :2_: :3_:
For more information about DOA's notations, be sure to check FSD's Terminology wiki.

(Yes, I pretty much copied this exactly from Kupo. Though he'd already done it, so no reason to retype it all when I can just paste lol. Sorry for lacking creativity; thankyou)

Some of Eliot's rotatable changes in DOA5.

:7::P: - 9frame punch that stuns on NH. Extremely fast and powerful, but lacks range. Won't complain about the range since it is i9.

:6::F+K: - The animation of this attack has changed. Only had one glimpse of it, so not sure if the start up frames are slower or faster than the original. It's still a mid kick, but now it's a true low crush. Not sure if it's still safe, or not.

10 Hit string - Nothing really new, just a bunch of old attacks mashed in together. Possible to delay to go for CH's? String can be sidestepped, and moves can be somewhat easy to read.

:6::6::P+K: - Guard break. In DOA4 it was just a dashing mid punch that was good for whiff punishing, but it was unsafe on block. In DOA5 Team Ninja has changed the properties to guard break, still good for whiff punishing wake up attacks.

:236::K: - Dragon kick. Properties have changed from guard crush to guard break. I would have loved the guard crush properties to stay in DOA5, but I'll be fine with a guard break. Wonder will this affect pressure options.

:9::h: / :3::h: - Grants Eliot a guaranteed 7p. I keep hearing Eliot gets a free launcher after his parries, but haven't seen it.

:6::K: - Grants relaunch properties in combo's.

:3_::P: - While crouching 3p, or "Choryu" is going to be a very effective move for combo's in DOA5. Can be used in combo's multiple times to grant relaunch/float properties.

:214::P: - The new notation for Eliot's sabaki. The old 7p has been replaced by 9 frame punch. As far as I know, it still works against high punches, and it's still -4 on block = safe against everyone except grapple characters.

SPECULATIONS

:236::P: - Guard break. Seems to have less recovery. In DOA4 this high guard break actually left Eliot a disadvantage when blocked. Seems better in DOA5. Will need to see how much frame advantage it gives him in DOA5

:2::K: - Seems to has faster start up frames than his DOA4 2K

TakedaZX

I believe his sabaki is still availible, just probably with changed notation. As for the guaranteed launcher off a parry,around 6:20.

Belinea

I haven't seen his old 1P+K string used at all, so I'm inclined to believe it's gone. That would be really disappointing as it was one of his top 5 moves in doa4. I think the new 1P+K is a critical burst, no?

TakedaZX

I haven't seen his old 1P+K string used at all, so I'm inclined to believe it's gone. That would be really disappointing as it was one of his top 5 moves in doa4. I think the new 1P+K is a critical burst, no?
It probably got removed because it's an awkward motion, effective, but awkward.

Belinea

I suppose it doesn't even matter really. The main use of that string was for a ridiculously easy untechable set-up, which will no doubt be gone in doa5 anyway. I will miss punishing people who though 1P+KP was unsafe though.

ScattereDreams

I suppose it doesn't even matter really. The main of that string was for a ridiculously easy untechable set-up, which will no doubt be gone in doa5 anyway. I will miss punishing people who though 1P+KP was unsafe though.

1P+K,P - I'm sure that move is still in, we just haven't seen anyone use it. I started using it more when I found out was safe on block.

TakedaZX

1P+K,P - I'm sure that move is still in, we just haven't seen anyone use it. I started using it more when I found out was safe on block.
That's good then, I'll use it if it's there.

So I saw EMP Rabies beat someone out of a mid wake up kick with 66p6p, I think on two occasions. So I assume it crushes a bit or is it something else?

Zeo

So, these parries of Eliot's, do they counter high/mid punches and kicks all in one or are there separate parries for high/mid kicks as opposed to high/mid punches?

Raansu

So, these parries of Eliot's, do they counter high/mid punches and kicks all in one or are there separate parries for high/mid kicks as opposed to high/mid punches?

It's the same as in 4. One catch all mid kicks and punches and one catches all high kicks and punches.

TakedaZX

Alright. Thanks, and sorry i'm asking so many questions. I just have someone I personally have to beat, and I want to use Eliot as one of my options, but my biggest problem was not understanding him.

But I do have one last question. It's kind of a DOA4 question but I think it'll carry to DOA5.

So ok.
Yoshi-Santen = :P::P:(:P:_:K:_:2::P:)
Yoyo-Kaito = :P::4::P::P:
Hekiken = :6::P: then links straight into Yoshi-Santen, says the frame data.
Does this mean :6::P::P::4::P::P: isn't possible?

ScattereDreams

I hope so, I seen Eliot being able to link some old strings together in DOA5 (Not just the 10hit string). If so, that would be a nice addition. I really can't wait to get in training mode with him and break down more of his changes.

He can chain :4::P: into BT :2::K: now

TakedaZX

I hope so, I seen Eliot being able to link some old strings together in DOA5 (Not just the 10hit string). If so, that would be a nice addition. I really can't wait to get in training mode with him and break down more of his changes.

He can chain :4::P: into BT :2::K: now
Like it's a regular string now? If so that's really good.

Belinea

Hekiken = :6::P: then links straight into Yoshi-Santen, says the frame data.

I'm not really following your question sorry, but this above is incorrect. Nothing links into his pp string, as of doa4 anyway.

Like it's a regular string now? If so that's really good.

Yep, he gained it in dimensions. They also made the second punch from 4p a high, meaning he now has a pretty great 3-way mix-up from that string.

TakedaZX

I'm not really following your question sorry, but this above is incorrect. Nothing links into his pp string, as of doa4 anyway.
I'm sorry? most of his strings link to PPP, PPK, or PP2P.

For example :4::P::P::P::P::P:
It's Tenshin-Oken (:4::P::P:)
Then it goes to Hekiken(:6::P:)
Then it ends with Yoshi-Santen(:P::P::P:)
making 4ppppp
i just wanted to know if yoshi-santen could be replaced with :P::4::P::P:

Yep, he gained it in dimensions. They also made the second punch from 4p a high, meaning he now has a pretty great 3-way mix-up from that string.
cool.

TakedaZX

While you're trying to figure out if any of those really long strings link... I'm just going to side step.
Lmao, well I mean I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who's Ggod tier. Even still, I just wanna know everything that's possible for me to do with Eliot's strings because my randomness leads to repeated combos that get blocked and held in DOA4. I don't want the same deal in DOA5.

ScattereDreams

Yeah, his punch strings are very lenient and easy to sidestep. His :K::K: tracks, but in DOA4 it was only safe from max range, but still has slow start up unlike Lei Fang's kk. His only good tracking move that I can think of is 8F+K. In DOA4 it didn't have much purpose, but it did put opponents in a stun stagger. There's no telling if he has gained any new tracking moves for the moment though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD