Characters Eliot in DOA6(U,AE)

iThe Apprentice

So I've been thinking for a while how Eliot's gameplay will change in DOA6.

But first I'd like to ask all the Eliot players how they think he'll play in DOA6 now that Gen-Fu will be teaching him -Xing Yi Liuhe Quan- What do you guys think of it?

Also, is there anything you guys would like to see change? Improvements?

I'd really like him to at least score 2-3rd place in the next tournament. :eliot: :bradwong:

iThe Apprentice

Just give him Gen Fu's :3::P::P: but make it so it staggers to -frames for him. It won't be Eliot without pointless sitdowns.
True to the last word... But seriously I think Eliot in terms of story will be much more powerful just like his OP master Gen-Poop. His fighting style + Gen's equal a god... Just like in DOA4 I thought he was a god... He's better now but could still use some werk.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Make FC3P have a longer recovery and relaunch higher so that you can do the same amount of hits in juggles. I just want to keep them in the air for longer so I can timer scam.

iThe Apprentice

Make FC3P have a longer recovery and relaunch higher so that you can do the same amount of hits in juggles. I just want to keep them in the air for longer so I can timer scam.
Actually more like change a few things about his relaunch system I.E.
:3_::P: Get switched to :3::3::P: and :3::3::P: Gets switched to :3::3::K: Since it has more kick than that darn punch :p
Also make :9::K::K: have a better launch or something like that because he only has a couple of good launchers.
And finally please give him a backturned stance like Brad. He really needs to be able to use his BT:4::K: without using a move.

Last edited:

Kohlrak

inb4 Eliot's new style ends up over-hyped and doesn't live up to expectations. Well, the good news is that since so much emphasis is being put on him already, unless they do similar advancements to the others, we can expect him to have a much more pronounced role in the story, assuming he doesn't end up the focus.

iThe Apprentice

inb4 Eliot's new style ends up over-hyped and doesn't live up to expectations. expectations... expectations... expectations...

We can expect him to have a much more pronounced role in the story, assuming he doesn't end up the focus focus... focus... focus... .
These words... Are what Team Ninja needs to see for the future of Xing yi Quan.
I want him to have a bigger participation in the tournament... In both stories , 4 & 5 he just goes to fight at least one person, then gets beat up. Start talking with Brad... Then get's praised by Gen-Fu for no particular reason. Telling Eliot things such as "Excellent my Apprentice. You have finally mastered the art of getting fucked up in every tournament you've been in" "Now for the real deal."

Kohlrak

These words... Are what Team Ninja needs to see for the future of Xing yi Quan.
I want him to have a bigger participation in the tournament... In both stories , 4 & 5 he just goes to fight at least one person, then gets beat up. Start talking with Brad... Then get's praised by Gen-Fu for no particular reason. Telling Eliot things such as "Excellent my Apprentice. You have finally mastered the art of getting fucked up in every tournament you've been in" "Now for the real deal."

IMO, it'd be nice if they learned at least a little from 2D fighters. Not just how characters are more predictable and easier to learn, but also that every character has their own (albeit simple) story mode. It's not just a little chapter where they just happen to fit into the main character plot, but they all have their own stories that just happen to come together. Street fighter is really good with this, and i still praise street fighter for it's storyline where you beat it and just feel like going up to your best friend and punching him in the face and then going out to watch a movie.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'd like Eliot to have something of a combination of his current style with some of Gen Fu's moves. Make his style of Xing Yi Liuhe Quan his own. What I like about Eliot is that he isn't used a lot and not jumped on a bandwagon, much like Gen Fu.

iThe Apprentice

I'd like Eliot to have something of a combination of his current style with some of Gen Fu's moves. Make his style of Xing Yi Liuhe Quan his own. What I like about Eliot is that he isn't used a lot and not jumped on a bandwagon, much like Gen Fu.
Seems legit. I also thought of that. It was be really nice to see some Xing Yi Liuhe Quan for Eliot!
Seems like a big step for him but It shall work...
rite?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Seems legit. I also thought of that. It was be really nice to see some Xing Yi Liuhe Quan for Eliot!
Seems like a big step for him but It shall work...
rite?
It seems like that is what TN would do at this point. TN has kept majority of the roster the same, so I don't see them getting rid of Gen Fu any time soon. However, they wouldn't give Eliot all of Gen Fu's moves, but what I like about Eliot is that he's a bit more light on his feet than Gen Fu is. If Gen had Eliot's speed with his current moveset, then he'd truly be a nightmare.

TakedaZX

I agree that there should be a feel of a mixture between the styles. In the situation of U and UAE though there's just a few changes I'd like to see for the better.
  • BT 2K, 4P2K, 1PP2K - Tracking added
  • 8P - Sped up by one frame to guarantee it for his 9H
  • 33P - Sabaki status added and changed to a lift stun
  • 33P2P and 3K2P - Both changed to crouching status sit-down stuns like Gen Fu's 33P allowing him to hold 3 after using these moves and getting a h3P at the fastest activation possible. At +15 on these SD stuns, h3p would be guaranteed.
  • 3P+K - Launch height raised
  • BT 4P - Bound at max threshold only to allow Eliot to run a 50/50 for a good combo at high threshold.
That's just my opinion on him.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Team Ninja would do something lazy like give Eliot all of Gen Fu's less useful moves and keep all the good moves for Gen Fu, since he'll inevitably be in DOA6, much to my dismay. Eliot should also have Gen Fu's parries and while I do enjoy Eliot's :3_::P:, Gen Fu does have the superior one.

TakedaZX

Eliot already has some good moves though. He's just highly underestimated because he has shitty properties. If 6P was 13i things wouldn't be so bad. If 8p and 66p were a frame faster as well, then he could have some real options off of his parries because that's ALL he really needs. Extending the advantage off of the parries would create too many openings and problems.

Another thing that would be cool is making KP+K a thing. It could be a stomp move similar to Kokoro's 2P+K but one that doesn't turn him BT. He already has high to mid stuns but this would be legit. Not necessary though.

iThe Apprentice

Team ninja really needs to decide if Eliot really should be a power character or more of a speed since he's not very strong in his moveset.
But I feel he needs a few more options. He's becoming more predictable by the second.
:p

Kurukurtz

Well, in Xinyi Liuhe Quan there are many low stances... next level bokuho? Anyone who's played tekken knows that KP+K option Takeda thought about is very viable. There is a straight stomping stance that comes out of Wang Jinrei's moveset in there.

Besides that, it was a great thing TN put in his 46p enders. What I think they'll do with Eliot is keep the amount of strings Eliot has with a new array of enders. It would relay the concept of a growing martial artist very strongly as well as make in-game mind games not unlike Koko's heichou enders or Rachels basic ass mid kick or mid punch enders.

Maybe they'll give Eliot some red bull because he also needs to be faster, this whole slow but powerful thing doesn't cut it when super heavies are faster than him with more options. I just wanna go back to my DOA4 main with the feeling that TN's really thinking about all of their characters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD