DOA5U EU PSN, 25/9 - thought today was the day?

ninemil

Standard Donor
Checked this morning:

No listing for Core Fighters. Only accessible by searching for Dead or Alive, selecting one of the character unlocks, and going to 'game page' listed in the product description.

Unable to purchase Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, with the reason given by the store as: 'you have already purchased Core Fighters.'

Unable to purchase Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate full game unlock. No reason given, pressing the button just spams a list of DLC taller than the actual screen.

This is getting ridiculous, and I'm increasingly doubtful this is just Sony EU as Tecmo seem to be making out, given Sony have successfully managed to roll Ultimate out across 5+ other networks without trouble.

Thoughts anyone? Am I missing something?

Last edited:

ninemil

Standard Donor
Just got off the phone with Sony EU, and they're still clueless as to the cause. Support elevated it, so I'm guessing they thought they fixed it, and I'm the first person to call today to inform them otherwise.

Crap situation remains crap. I already have Core and Lei/Kokoro from Japanese PSN, but I really cba starting all over with the story if I can't migrate my EU 5 save to the full version of Ultimate. What a joke.

Pokerking87

As i saw First step Download Core Fighters then you can Upgrade to Full Version! I have the retail i want only that damn bikinis!

ninemil

Standard Donor
As i saw First step Download Core Fighters then you can Upgrade to Full Version! I have the retail i want only that damn bikinis!
I know how it's supposed to work. Only it doesn't. The 'Upgrade to Full Version' SKU isn't available to purchase for me, and when I click on the 'tell me more' button, it just lists what looks to be the DLC for the rest of Core Fighters. I can't tell for sure, because the list goes off the top and bottom of the screen.

Can you check that the same thing happens to you, please? You don't need to confirm the purchase, just go to the DLC page and see if the purchase option is available to you.

Randark

currently I am also seeing same problems as yourselves, core fighters has it's OWN game page (unlike everywhere else where it's part of ultimate full package downloads) the DoA2+3 music is missing, the ultimate sexy pack is missing and so are all the individual DoA5 costume packs, effectively all we got on wednesday was core fighters and the school uniform packs, I also cannot download (or even access) the full game unlock and get the lack list of DLC.

Right now the sorry state of affairs on PSN is thus:
DOA Ultimate (ful ver): 13 downloads, complete DOA5 pack and 12 individual character packs (DOA5 outfits)
DOA Ultimate Core Fighters: 41 downloads, all characters and school pack.

its about 125 downloads in all other regions

one thing I did notice tho was that if you select the PSN store option from DOA's main menu they have actually updated a bit there (for once) and all characters are there and school uniforms.

sorry for long post but trying to show my findings so far, I've also sent a long scathing tweet to tecmokoei europe even stating how the fact that they advertise the dlc as available on thier website yet it isn't could be classed as false advertising and possibly illegal

All I want at this point is an explanation... (compensation would be nice too but I doubt we'll see that) and also a resolution, as it stands right now the situation is ridiculous

Omegan Eckhart

When I search for Dead or Alive 5 all I find is Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (full game) and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate general information.

If I search for DOA5U I get all character unlocks and nothing else. I see no Core Fighters for download anywhere.

Randark

Core fighters is there, tho I wonder why no big advert for it on main main page with the new releases (you just need to go to the new release section (far right) and it's on 2nd or 3rd row down,)

tho as I write this it's 02/10/213 (10/02/2013 for the americans out there reading this) the PS store hasn't updated yet but theres an interesting tweet over at TK europe.

SCEE is currently dealing with our Ultimate Sexy Costumes DLC. We will receive the confirmation and will keep you updated.

now I don't know if this means we will finally get the sexy DLC this week or whether it will STILL be missing this week but TK seems to have taken notice a bit...

here's hoping

Omegan Eckhart

Kind of off topic but why is everyone on PSN so nice? I've been beating everyone really bad, really good/high ranking players often with their own character and yet they are really nice to me in return, complimenting me and sending me FR's.

On Xbox I've had friends only for 3 years straight due to how much abuse I get. You PSN people make me feel all warm inside!

Chapstick

Kind of off topic but why is everyone on PSN so nice? I've been beating everyone really bad, really good/high ranking players often with their own character and yet they are really nice to me in return, complimenting me and sending me FR's.

On Xbox I've had friends only for 3 years straight due to how much abuse I get. You PSN people make me feel all warm inside!
We have a lot of a-holes and weirdos, trust me. Personally, I take my rage out on myself when I lose because I know it's my fault. Even when I come across someone really annoying, I keep it to myself because I don't want to be that dickhead in the lobby (I never do ranked) everyone wants to destroy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD