Getting Kasumi's Max Damage Soft Wall Hit Combo/Environmental Damage Potential| Vanilla ver.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So I've been looking into this for a while since Awesmic used a wall set up on me a couple of times when we ran our set ajd I discovered Kasumi's Soft Wall hit game is alot more varied and potentially stronger than her hard wall hit one. Idk if most people know this but characters can free step left or right post wall hit and can "get behind" their opponent for a potential backturned set up. Some characters like Christie can make use of this but for others it may depend on convenience like the wall hit and recovery. I've found that Kasumi can really take advantage of it after P+KP/P6PP, 66P(most convenient imo), and K3K/PK3K as the soft wall hit catalyst and she can free step up or down to get the angle you want. She can then use these strikes for different purposes:

°6K- Acts as a launcher against BT opponents, good for straightforward combos for straight routes, plus it's a mid kick. Ideal for more narrow combo routes where straight forward juggle is needed most.

°K2K- High to low that gives you a nasty semi guaranteed(the high kick is only guaranteed if the opponent doesn't hold high or low during the recovery of the soft wall hit before you can get behind them) +27 trip stun, good for 50/50 set ups since 33K or 33P will have to be guessed between as far as launchers.

°6P+K2K- similar to the above just a mid to low. Weaker but less risky against low holds although the mid punch may be predictable, but counters the low hold possibility.

°6P6K- An easy go to for lighter characters for 7K into a bound. I didn't experiment with this one much since it doesn't have as much potential as the others but if your prefer ease over damage, this is fine, especially when trying to keep the 30 hit combo limit in consideration for set ups.

°2K- Causes another nasty lengthy trip stun that can lead into 4H+K for a fatal stun or you can use other set ups from this. I like this option since it's great as a wall mix up and the stun is quite lengthy making it a risk for the foe to throw out a hold.

°66P- Can be used from a soft wall hit into a free step but it's not as useful since it eliminates the combo potential from KK7K so I didn't try this much, plus it's a bit hard to free step and then automatically forward dash within the frame advantage stun's duration unless the stun is lengthier.

°KK- Probably your most simple go to from this situation since both hits and it's 7K ender launcher and such are guaranteed against BT opponents but a high hold that's correctly timed or a low hold can beat it.

These are general good soft wall hit into backturned set ups I've toyed with and you can even get some strong environmental set ups from it that I'll post video links of showing some set up ideas(None are necessarily guaranteed since a well guessed hold or BH can stop it if the opponent is willing to risk a hi counter hold or continued punishment for guess wrong as well as wasted meter but these I feel show the potential Kasumi can have to further exploit and extend the soft wall hit ability, I think it's probably more worth soft wall hits than hard ones since her damage caps and peaks can far exceed what's given from a hard one.

There's more that I've found as well but I have to upload them and make distinctive enough thumbnails, again these are just general ideas as to how you can further exploit and extend Kasumi's soft wall hit if you're willing to go for more risks.

For anyone even who doesn't play Kasumi I recommend going through your own main's BT and soft wall hit stuff and seeing if maybe they have a strong potential too, so far I've toyed with Kula too and hers is pretty decent too although she doesn't have as many strong anti backturned moves that Kasumi has, same with Momiji although I feel hers is the weakest of the 3 since she doesn't have many notable ways that I liked to take advantage of her kit against BTed foes. If the game devs even buff the ground game I can definitely see this also being useful for ground force up set ups into nearby hazards for more damage.

Idk if this was really worth sharing but I thought it could prove some use for further exploiting the wall game since you can get some really good set up routes with the right positioning and timing. I think others should look into what their preferred characters can muster from opportunities like this since its not too risky besides the possibility of a correct hold but because Kasumi has so many choices ranging from highs, mid punch or kicks, and a low, it's not too hard to make a risk. And if the opponent goes for a break hold too soon or too late that'll just cost them their meter

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD