''Fascinating... Well show me what you've got!'' The DOA6 Jann Lee General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslay

Legacy Dragon 2.png

With the imminent release of DOA6 drawing ever closer to us, I think it's time we take a dive into what Jann Lee is going to be like in DOA6.

As of now, this thread is going to majorly revolve around theorizing and discussing potential changes and possibilities for JL in the upcoming game. Strategies, combos, tech and general discussion will come along as we get more info until the actual hands on time with the game.

For starters; here's a full list of all confirmed changes for Jann Lee in DOA6, this is of course subject to change in the near future:

- :P::P::P::P:: It's back to pre-DOA4 Dragon Cannon bois! Mashing on the punch button will give you the old :P::P::P::6::P: string. It is left to see if the properties of the move are still the same.

- :K::K::K:: New move. The string ends in a :6::6::K: animation. The recovery animation that usually happens upon a :6::6::K: on hit does not apply to this move, this means it will be aptly functional for post combo pressure. Standing :K: does no longer wall splat, this means :K::K::K: is a potential wall combo post-wall splat. Supposedly, in various builds of the game, this move was actually +13. It more than likely was meant to be the other way around, but pray that this stays in the real game, lolololol.

- :4::K::K::P:: New ''Bound'' property was added to the last hit. This will be JL's re-launching move for DOA6.

- :7::K::4:: Added a Dragon Stance (DS) transition.

- Backturned (BT) :h::+::K:: New move. This is the old animation of :K::K::K: re-purposed as a high launcher from BT.

- :4::T:: New move. Potential i10 throw. Has a wall splat property. Leaves the opponent downed, left to see what the situation is post-throw.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :s:: Jann Lee has the ability to transition into his Fatal Rush from stance.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :2::K:: New move. Low from stance that leads into :6::h::+::K:. It's been confirmed to be a natural combo. It is not clear if the last hit can transition into DS. Has a wall splat property.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :6::P::+::K:: This move is now DOA5's old DS :P::+::K:.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :P::+::K:: This move is now DOA5's old DS :6::P::+::K:, as you can see, these two moves have had their inputs reversed in DOA6.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :P::+::K::P::+::K:: New move. A follow up to Dragon Cluster, 5 highs into 5 mids. Natural Combo and it jails on block. Leads to a gut stun on hit. Guaranteed after DS :P::+::K:.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :P::+::K::P::+::K::P::+::K:: New move. Final follow up to the new string. Safe Guard Break on block. Has a wall splat property.

Aside from these changes. There have been some overall frame numbers and property changes flying about, nothing concrete though, so for the sake of conciseness I won't post them here.

As for supplementary material, here's some general gameplay and breakdowns of what we have so far:

Feel free to join in with any speculation or questions related to the subject. It's a new game and it is time to get together again and discuss how cheap JL is going to be in DOA6, lolololol.

@eks2009
@samuraihachi
@Gurimmjaw
@WAZAAAAA
@RiBu
@KING JAIMY
@RyuJin
@DroWin_MaN
@ZakkuRye
@Kberry14

Last edited:

Darkslay

That's a good point. With 7K having a DS transition I don't think it's necessary to use 9K though, honestly.

Chaos

View attachment 26297

With the imminent release of DOA6 drawing ever closer to us, I think it's time we take a dive into what Jann Lee is going to be like in DOA6.

As of now, this thread is going to majorly revolve around theorizing and discussing potential changes and possibilities for JL in the upcoming game. Strategies, combos, tech and general discussion will come along as we get more info until the actual hands on time with the game.

For starters; here's a full list of all confirmed changes for Jann Lee in DOA6, this is of course subject to change in the near future:

- :P: :P: :P: :P:: It's back to pre-DOA4 Dragon Cannon bois! Mashing on the punch button will give you the old :P: :P: :P: :6: :P: string. It is left to see if the properties of the move are still the same.

- :K: :K: :K:: New move. The string ends in a :6: :6: :K: animation. The recovery animation that usually happens upon a :6: :6: :K: on hit does not apply to this move, this means it will be aptly functional for post combo pressure. Standing :K: does no longer wall splat, this means :K: :K: :K: is a potential wall combo post-wall splat.

- :4: :K: :K: :P:: New ''Bound'' property was added to the last hit. This will be JL's re-launching move for DOA6.

- :7: :K: :4:: Added a Dragon Stance (DS) transition.

- Backturned (BT) :h: :+: :K:: New move. This is the old animation of :K: :K: :K: re-purposed as a high launcher from BT.

- :4: :T:: New move. Potential i10 throw. Has a wall splat property. Leaves the opponent downed, left to see what the situation is post-throw.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :s:: Jann Lee has the ability to transition into his Fatal Rush from stance.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :2: :K:: New move. Low from stance that leads into :6: :h: :+: :K:. It's been confirmed to be a natural combo. It is not clear if the last hit can transition into DS. Has a wall splat property.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :6: :P: :+: :K:: This move is now DOA5's old DS :P: :+: :K:.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :P: :+: :K:: This move is now DOA5's old DS :6: :P: :+: :K:, as you can see, these two moves have had their inputs reversed in DOA6.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :P: :+: :K: :P: :+: :K:: New move. A follow up to Dragon Cluster, 5 highs into 5 mids. Natural Combo and it jails on block. Leads to a gut stun on hit. Guaranteed after DS :P: :+: :K:.

- Dragon Stance (DS) :P: :+: :K: :P: :+: :K: :P: :+: :K:: New move. Final follow up to the new string. Safe Guard Break on block. Has a wall splat property.

Aside from these changes. There have been some overall frame numbers and property changes flying about, nothing concrete though, so for the sake of conciseness I won't post them here.

As for supplementary material, here's some general gameplay and breakdowns of what we have so far:

Feel free to join in with any speculation or questions related to the subject. It's a new game and it is time to get together again and discuss how cheap JL is going to be in DOA6, lolololol.

@eks2009
@samuraihachi
@Gurimmjaw
@WAZAAAAA
@RiBu
@KING JAIMY
@RyuJin
@DroWin_MaN
@ZakkuRye
@Kberry14
Jann Lee= god tier LOL

You did a fascinating job!

Darkslay

@EMPEROR_COW recently uploaded a narrated version of his impressions on the current state of DOA6, great read/watch, by the way.

At the 8:50 mark, we get some JL gameplay, and there's a few things to put aside and analyse here:

- I had a minor freakout when I thought H+K gave you the crouching version of the SDS always now, upon further inspection, it unfortunately still seems to only apply to low holds. It's great he still has it though, especially with the removal of SE.

- Doing the first hit of FR seems to yield a huge launch. At a base level, this means JL has access to an easy way to do a full FR into BB juggle for big, easy damage. I had seen this a few times before, but I wonder if you'd be able to stop at some point and do another combo.

- We get to see a little of what the post-BH situation with JL will be like. No-brainers like Dragon Kick and 66K come to mind, it appears like BH leaves you at about a start of the round distance, as we can see 3K whiffs, so with that in mind, one option I though of was 1K, as it it gives you advantage and even on counter hit, because it hits at tip range, it gives +14 instead of a knockdown. At that range, I don't think it would be possible to punish it if it's blocked either.

RiBu

Hey a shout out...can respect.

None of the new stuff looks particularly exciting to me -shrug-. Didn't know SE was gone though lol, so I learned something new.
Glad he got a low from stance as well. Better throw punish damage is nice too.

Darkslay

none of the new stuff looks particularly exciting to me -shrug-. Didn't know SE was gone though lol, so I learned something new.
Glad he got a low from stance as well. Better throw punish damage is nice too.

I think the new system actually benefits him way more than some other characters. For one, H+K into 3K shenanigans are actually real now and the DG mixup got way stronger, having FR integrated from DS will mean people will stop spamming mid kick holds all the fucking time.

In other news. Shoryuken released a video going over all characters in a pretty simple showcase video. At the 13 minute mark you get to see some JL. The one thing that immediately jumped to me was that it seems Trace Gunner recovers way faster now, like waaay faster. It almost looks like it's sped up. No idea what's up with that. You also get to see a nutty looking FR juggle, lol.

Darkslay

Oh shit, here we go! I will save all the details and info for the full game, as I've been lead to believe the demo is different from final version. There's a LOT of things going on with this character, he's basically completely different now. I will update this thread as well as expand JL's forum once the full game comes out. Get hype yo!

Also! Most in here already know, but I made a dedicated Jann Lee Discord server, so for those interested, join in! We'll be sharing lots of sick stuff!
https://discord.gg/JGQh2Fm

Jared

Really nice combos there. He looks to have a lot of cool possibilities with his stance and PP6P. I wonder what is going to change with the day 1 patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD