Fiend Hunter The Rachel Gameplay Discussion Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
IMG_20191213_174259.jpg

Well Rachel is now returning so why not make a thread for her? XD This thread is for when Rachel drops and we can discuss anything gameplay related to her here

Here is the Rachel changes seen in the trailer thus far:

-4PP now has that new spin property as a stun

-Seems like she has a new on hit command grab, probably as 4P+K since its not a PB anymore.

-Looks like she has a chargeable command grab similar to her 7T, but it looks like it can be charged and it leads to a new special throw. Likely has offensive hold properties as she countered Hayabusa while he was still striking.

-7K is her fatal SDS now.

-Her 9K launch height was buffed(or at least is significantly higher after her SDS) as 3PPP+KT easily can be used.

-Seems like she has another chargeable command grab that leads to a special throw.

-2K will likely be toned down from +20 on CH and in stun to something lower like +11 like the other characters like Phase and several others have.

Here is the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. She drops on the 17th!^.^

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
5.99 like Momiji was unless they charge premium for her, but idk since I got the season passes thus far

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The famitsu article about Rachel dropped:

Here's some noteworthy changes I've noted:

Side step derivation “side step fang”, power blow, power launcher, etc. can not be used because the system has changed. Of course.

Otherwise, the one-off version “Savage Snake (214P + KP)” that lifts and strikes the opponent has been removed. However, “Savage Snake (4PPPP + KP)” as a collaborative technique is still alive.

Since the single version did not have much opportunity to use it in the previous work, the impact will be small.

°It seems like her special sidestep moves may have been removed as well as her PB and PL.

63214 + T
The upper-level offense hold that strikes the opponent with a body blow. Rachel has always had an upper offense hold, such as “Rollover (66T)”, but it creates a favorable situation, not damage. The technique (the so-called generated frame) is a little late, but it is an impression that you can now throw without fearing the opponent's blow to some extent. After throwing, even if the opponent gets up and makes an attack, Rachel's pronoun “Yururunguru (2K for downed enemies)” will enter.

63214 + T (push slightly)
An upper offense hold that strikes the opponent with a body blow, floats in the sky and then strikes with a magical effect. It takes a little bit of time to push the button, so it's a little difficult to put it out. Skills will of course be slower than the normal “63214 + T”, but the power is up. In addition, because it is a technique that hits the ground, hitting it on a firecracker on the stage, etc., will increase its power over the following “63214 + T (push-up)”. It is a technique reminiscent of the original version of the exquisite technique.

63214 + T (push-up)
An upper-level offense hold that strikes the opponent with a body blow, punches the ground and hits the shockwave. Skill is slow, but power is higher than 63214 + T (slightly pushing). The greatest strength is that the opponent blows away with shock waves. You can expect developments such as hitting walls and dangers, aiming for heavy damage, and pursuing pursuits. This is also a reminder of the best technique!

8P (when hit) T
Added combo throw from middle punch hit. The damage is high and throws the opponent down diagonally, so you can aim for further damage at the wall

PP4P (when hit) T
This is a linked derivative version of “8P (when hit) T”. On the ground it can also be used to tighten critical combos. However, the derivation technique from “PP” is “PPP” that blows away the opponent, so the impression is to choose the distance to use. Is it “PP4P (when hit) T” when close to the wall and “PPP” when far away? In the case of an aerial combo, it will be PPP.

Basic combo
Rachel's combo is relatively easy. Whether you want to blow away the last blow or hit it is where you want to switch appropriately according to the stage situation.

Main floating techniques: 1PP 214P 9K 6PPK, etc.

■ In the case of low floating
● ( Floating technique) → (When the opponent is in the air) T → 6PKP
Combo that decides the pursuit after throwing the floating opponent. Power is reasonable, but it is also easy to put in the heavyweight class. The last 6PKP hits the opponent against the ground, but if you change to PPP, it will be blown away.

■ In case of high float
● (floating technique) → 4PPPP → (dash a little before) 236P
close hit combo. The power of nearly 100 damage can be easily obtained. The last 236P is blown away.

● (Floating technique) → 3PPP + KT
Combo with a combined technique " Vaipartist " that throws air. The last is hitting the ground.

°So basically her 4PPPP is her bounder and 236P is her close hit ender too xD

Chaos

There's some useful combos that does some good damage and look pretty damn awesome on this video. I'm getting a hang of Rachel so far. Just need to continue using her so I can get more comfortable with her fighting style.

I just realized I forgot to put good games USG HajinShinobi wow......My first time doing that LOL.. My day is bad.

Last edited:

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Hory shet! Those are some sexy combos. That fatal rush to Limbo stun 66P setup is nasty lol. Definitely stealing that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD