Fight Replay Location

breathofflame34

So, I've been playing on PC for a little bit, and want to know what folder is the replays stored in, and also if I can remove them, and say post them to youtube.

Lulu

Well first of all, the Replays aren't actually video Files... its a log or record of moves and positions that occurred in that match.... what happens when you watch one of your replays is the game simply re-renders as it normally would when you play, but rather than letting you control the characters it simply replays the moves you and your opponents did in that match... so there's no way of watching your Replays outside of the Game Engine.

If you're still interested in where they're stored... you can find them in your Documents Folder inside the Koei Tecmo Folder.

breathofflame34

Well first of all, the Replays aren't actually video Files... its a log or record of moves and positions that occurred in that match.... what happens when you watch one of your replays is the game simply re-renders as it normally would when you play, but rather than letting you control the characters it simply replays the moves you and your opponents did in that match... so there's no way of watching your Replays outside of the Game Engine.

If you're still interested in where they're stored... you can find them in your Documents Folder inside the Koei Tecmo Folder.
dang, looks like, I'm going to get a screen capture program then.

Lulu

dang, looks like, I'm going to get a screen capture program then.
If you're using a modern GPU then you probably already have screen capture tools and might not have realised it yet.

Modern Intel CPUs also have video encoders by default and they work pretty damn well... but intel didn't make any software to leverage this feature so you need to find 3rd Party Software to actually use the Encoder.

So... for AMD GPUs you can use ReLive... I haven't used it myself... infact I know absolutely nothing about it other than it can capture Gameplay.

If you're Rocking an nVidia GPU instead then you can use Shadow Play... I've heard great things about it. It's the go to choice for Team Green fans.

And you're 3rd Party Alternative regardless of what GPU you use it OBS Studio... this is what I use... its slightly more complicated to setup but it grants you an unprecedented level of control and freedom over your recordings or Streams... if you're processors have no dedicated encoding capabilities then you can Record using "Software"... basically what this means you can dump the monumental task of capturing Footage all on your CPU... and it is indeed a monumental Task because you need atleast Independent Cores firing at high frequencies gor this to even be an option to record Games.

All the above Software free... and the First two are probably already in your system in most cases.

But if you feel like you got Money to burn then I've had a great time recording with Mirilis' Action... its no where near as good as OBS in terms of features but OBS has issues trying to record specific games... theres something causing it to record nothing but Blackness and this is an issue that I have NEVER EVER had with Action... so you're decision to go for a paid alternative will net you that advantage.

They are MANY others but I haven't used them so.... yeah.

Anyway... good luck and Happy Recording/Streaming. ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD