FINALLY completed Eliot's combo challenge!

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Yes, the two challenges that gave me the most trouble have been completed! They were the :3_::P: x5 challenge and the combo from a hold challenge (:3::h: > :9::K::K: > :3_::P: x3 > :6::P::P::4::6::P:). It might have taken until Last Round, but I am going to wear the "Milk" title with pride! Time to get back on my Eliot, because I actually do miss the character. Been wanting to take him online again for the longest, especially since I've focused so much on Ayane. Also, yes I know there is a general discussion thread, but the Eliot forum is dead and I wanted to bring some life to it. Lol

KING JAIMY

Congrats. Eliot's challenges are one of the hardest out there, imo.

I remember I was having a hard time with Eliot's Choryo Challenge too. The tip of using 663P has helped me very much in completing my challenges. Oh and the Milk title is indeed a title to be proud of. I thought it was always funny to use the title pair: Milk / Bring it!

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Using 663P definitely helps. I even find myself being able to use Choryo in my combos now, especially at the wall. And it's oh so satisfying to end with 46P consistently.

Lulu

CONGRADULATIONS !!!
I drop alot of characters because I can't do their challenges. Eliots and Gen Fu's ones annoyed me the most because they both have the exact same problem, they want you to perform an extremely amiguous command multiple times in a row..... in a juggle.
and that hint they left at the bottom didn't help at all, if anything it made it worse. I don't know how Sweet Revenge does it because even Perfect Legend drops that move sometimes.

WARNING: from this point forward this is just me Belly Aching about irrelevant things.

I buffer the majority of my juggles.... I mean the point of these challenges isn't really to teach you anything, its just to show you how much you can really milk out of a specific launch height or a bounding move, so much so they forgot to mention that you're suppose to chase after some them.
Some of them actually are broken like the Hitomi and Rachel's Close Hit combo challenges, I've seen a video of it being done properly and honestly I swear I did it the same way, still no Close Hit.
Helena has a pretty stupid one, they want me to perform a launcher then slip into Bokuho and perform a juggle.... that middle part is where I keep dropping them because I never got a consistent launch height.... but I went over her move list and it turns out she already has an identical launcher that conveniently leaves her in Bokuho, it works better too, you can score an even more powerful juggle out of it.

So whats the deal then ?
Why was is (3) P bound to an input thats easily screwed up and has to be held down in a scenario where you don't have the luxury of waiting ?
Actually heres the big problem.... why doesn't (3)P leave you in a crouching stance ? The game says you need to hold down 3 but thats not true at all.... you can perform it instantly out of any move if already leaves you Crouching, the reason I keep dropping it is because I need to confirm Eliot/Gen Fu is crouching before I push P....

iThe Apprentice

CONGRADULATIONS !!!
I drop alot of characters because I can't do their challenges. Eliots and Gen Fu's ones annoyed me the most because they both have the exact same problem, they want you to perform an extremely amiguous command multiple times in a row..... in a juggle.
and that hint they left at the bottom didn't help at all, if anything it made it worse. I don't know how Sweet Revenge does it because even Perfect Legend drops that move sometimes.

WARNING: from this point forward this is just me Belly Aching about irrelevant things.

I buffer the majority of my juggles.... I mean the point of these challenges isn't really to teach you anything, its just to show you how much you can really milk out of a specific launch height or a bounding move, so much so they forgot to mention that you're suppose to chase after some them.
Some of them actually are broken like the Hitomi and Rachel's Close Hit combo challenges, I've seen a video of it being done properly and honestly I swear I did it the same way, still no Close Hit.
Helena has a pretty stupid one, they want me to perform a launcher then slip into Bokuho and perform a juggle.... that middle part is where I keep dropping them because I never got a consistent launch height.... but I went over her move list and it turns out she already has an identical launcher that conveniently leaves her in Bokuho, it works better too, you can score an even more powerful juggle out of it.

So whats the deal then ?
Why was is (3) P bound to an input thats easily screwed up and has to be held down in a scenario where you don't have the luxury of waiting ?
Actually heres the big problem.... why doesn't (3)P leave you in a crouching stance ? The game says you need to hold down 3 but thats not true at all.... you can perform it instantly out of any move if already leaves you Crouching, the reason I keep dropping it is because I need to confirm Eliot/Gen Fu is crouching before I push P....
Let me give you my most cliché answer ever... Practice makes perfect. I haven't been able to drop Eliot in quite a long time because he's just so satisfying to use. (If used correctly at all) Since I've used him for quite a while I also find all of his moves to be very easy. Face me sometime and you'll see what I mean.
Gen Fu on the other hand is quite strange. His are harder to do because he has more recovery after each choryo. That + him being super stubby.

Also, congrats on this extremely late combo challenge finish.
:cool:

Lulu

My patients is way too short for that challenge....... besides usually when you practice something theres a sort of methodology to it. Making things easier to practice... (3) P is just one move, I can't even tell what I'm doing wrong, its impractical to practice it.....

iThe Apprentice

M
My patients is way too short for that challenge....... besides usually when you practice something theres a sort of methodology to it. Making things easier to practice... (3) P is just one move, I can't even tell what I'm doing wrong, its impractical to practice it.....
Maybe youre doing it too fast. I used to have that problem. It used to be a problem for me at offline tourneys when I was really used to playing online.

Lulu

M

Maybe youre doing it too fast. I used to have that problem. It used to be a problem for me at offline tourneys when I was really used to playing online.

I know I'm doing too fast/slow when a certain thing happens but beyond that I'm flying blind. If this is one of those things that have to be accurate up to 2 Frames then its a waste of time, that has never been something I've ever been able to do in any game, practice or no practice.... thats where I peak.
Atleast its better than Tina's 44P..... I can't perform this move consistently, (3) P on the other I can do, I can't do it the way they're asking me to but atleast I can do it once if the opponent is high enough.... just like Hayabusa's hand stand.

Lulu

Nevermind... found it.
Nope, it doesn't help.
You should check out Ein's combo challenge.... his relauncher is :3: :P: and he is standing everytime he comes out of it so you don't get :3_::P: by accident (it helps that he doesn't actually have a move for that input) it was intuitively designed minimize input errors..... They could have done the samething for Eliot and Gen Fu but decided not to for some reason. I'm assuming during the playtesting for this game they tested it on people who play fighting games competitively not on normal people who will read the input as it is given and give up in frustration when they can't perform it...... its shame..... I always thought those two were interesting.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It's definitely not 2 frames. Probably something around 6-7, if not more lenient. I do a 623 motion to buffer it and it works great.

Lulu

It's definitely not 2 frames. Probably something around 6-7, if not more lenient. I do a 623 motion to buffer it and it works great.

They fall when I do that...... near as I can tell theres just no time to confirm If Eliot is crouching..... I have to do it off the timing in my head.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Yeah, you don't visually confirm anything, you just gotta get the timing down. Just do 623P when you're almost about to recover.

Lulu

Well surprise surprise..... I finally complete Eliot's Combo Challenge too.

Now give me my "congradulatory" cookie ! :mad:

Seriously though..... it was rather anti-climactic. :confused: maybe its just because I was stuck at it for so long. On the plus side the "Choryo Motion" (which is what I'l be calling it from now on) has helped me with other Characters like Hayate and Gen Fu.... and Tina. So it wasn't all bad.:)

I don't like Eliot anymore.

KING JAIMY

Well surprise surprise..... I finally complete Eliot's Combo Challenge too.

Now give me my "congradulatory" cookie ! :mad:

Seriously though..... it was rather anti-climactic. :confused: maybe its just because I was stuck at it for so long. On the plus side the "Choryo Motion" (which is what I'l be calling it from now on) has helped me with other Characters like Hayate and Gen Fu.... and Tina. So it wasn't all bad.:)

I don't like Eliot anymore.
*Hands over congratulatory cookie* :)

The :3_: motion inputs are indeed fairly annoying. At least learning the Choryo helped you in the long term. Luckily a lot of characters don't have such an input. Some characters's :3_: motions are actually pretty forgiving when it comes down to executing the move. For example, Jacky's :2::3_::P: can be inputted as :3::3::P: and the :3_: input isn't strict at all.

Lulu

*Hands over congratulatory cookie* :)

The :3_: motion inputs are indeed fairly annoying. At least learning the Choryo helped you in the long term. Luckily a lot of characters don't have such an input. Some characters's :3_: motions are actually pretty forgiving when it comes down to executing the move. For example, Jacky's :2::3_::P: can be inputted as :3::3::P: and the :3_: input isn't strict at all.

Actually Jacky's:2::3_::P: will work if by merely holding down:3_: and pressing :P:..... I believe its the only move in the game where :3_::P: genuinely means :3_::P:.... if that makes sense.

You don't need to crouch at all to be able to perform it.

Freaky.....

KING JAIMY

Actually Jacky's:2::3_::P: will work if by merely holding down:3_: and pressing :P:..... I believe its the only move in the game where :3_::P: genuinely means :3_::P:.... if that makes sense.

You don't need to crouch at all to be able to perform it.

Freaky.....
Well you can use the same method for Eliot's Choryo. However, you won't be able to do it fast and it is not sufficient to complete his Combo Challenge.

Lulu

Well you can use the same method for Eliot's Choryo. However, you won't be able to do it fast and it is not sufficient to complete his Combo Challenge.

Speaking of Which... is it just me or does Eliots Choryo knock the opponent back abit further away than it seems..... its not something I noticed before because I usually end my juggles with :6::P::P::P: since the the first punch has a deceptively long Reach..... however in the combo challenge they wanted to me to use :3::P::P::P::4::6::P: instead...... I think its the last Combo from Throw challenge. Its especially noticeable when using it to juggle Alpha.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD