First DOA5 pre-order bonus

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
As expected, they're dividing up the 'sexy swimwear' across various retailers I presume.

Raansu

Ya that doesn't surprise me at all. A month or two later everything will be up on the marketplace anyways so whatever.

Codemaster92163

A hardcover artbook, soundtrack, poster, AND a metal-embossed case? With an $80 price tag?

Team Ninja, please take my dad-gummed money... two times.

Exactly what I was thinking. First I figured it would be what people were speculating, around $140. At that point, I wanted it, but would't touch it.

Now, for an extra $20 (which I'm completely fine with spending) I get all of that? Yes please. I'll be pulling a Fry on this one.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am just going to wait till the definitive version is made clear, and I will purchase that one.

DriftSlave

The Gamestop CE has swimsuits for all female characters in the game, so I think if you were being swayed by that then get it at gamestop....like always~

TRI Mike

This is gonna pose the same DOA5 Alpha problem for me. I want the Collector's Edition but the GameStop retarded exclusivity will make it VERY difficult for me. As I mentioned back when Dynasty Warriors with Busa came out, Gamestop refuses to accept my american credit card because the billing address is from my country, even if I want the item shipped to a location inside the USA. Amazon has never given me this shit.

I'm already sending tweets to Team Ninja about it. Players like Wizz and FakeSypha who are from Argentina or myself, from Venezuela will not be able to buy the CE from Gamestop due to a retarded policy of not accepting credit cards with both billing and shipping address in the USA, even if the card is american.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
hmm ... I dont like getting something and missing out something else from another retailer ..
I might order it from both, use the codes, and return one .. lol

RikWeaN

That retailer specific content is getting annoying. FAST.
I curse the dude who came up with this concept. Everything should be included in the CE, period.

DrDogg

I'm already sending tweets to Team Ninja about it. Players like Wizz and FakeSypha who are from Argentina or myself, from Venezuela will not be able to buy the CE from Gamestop due to a retarded policy of not accepting credit cards with both billing and shipping address in the USA, even if the card is american.

You should be tweeting GameStop, not Team Ninja.

DriftSlave

*sigh* you guys can do 1 of 3 things

-Get the gamestop CE(if you don't have a GS in your area, try to get them to ship it)
-Get it a Amazon
-Get both: Details below.

Buy form both retailers to get both pre-order incentives, then keep the GS CE(with all the extra swag), return the unopened Amazon copy after you receive the DLC code in the confirmation E-mail and get your money back.
this requires more money as you have to pay it in full at amazon, however your "insured" to get everything.

Note: The DLC swisuits maybe just 1 pack and they are just sectioning off some as pre-order incentives(like SFxTK Gems) so maybe the CE at GS will include all the costumes and this wont be necessary~

I did a similar tactic for FFXIII-2...and saved like $15 worth of DLC

DrDogg

*sigh* you guys can do 1 of 3 things

-Get the gamestop CE(if you don't have a GS in your area, try to get them to ship it)
-Get it a Amazon
-Get both: Details below.

Buy form both retailers to get both pre-order incentives, then keep the GS CE(with all the extra swag), return the unopened Amazon copy after you receive the DLC code in the confirmation E-mail and get your money back.
this requires more money as you have to pay it in full at amazon, however your "insured" to get everything.

Note: The DLC swisuits maybe just 1 pack and they are just sectioning off some as pre-order incentives(like SFxTK Gems) so maybe the CE at GS will include all the costumes and this wont be necessary~

I did a similar tactic for FFXIII-2...and saved like $15 worth of DLC

GameStop won't take his credit card, that's the problem.

DriftSlave

oh god....that's terrible. Could he use a Visa? or something similar? Umm well im sure if push comes to shove someone will help him get his copy. *raises hand*

with that said, should we make a thread for people who may have this similar regional problem?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
hmm ... I dont like getting something and missing out something else from another retailer ..
I might order it from both, use the codes, and return one .. lol

Amazon's comes via e-mail so you could very well do that.

Everything should be included in the CE, period.

From what I gather, everything is included in the CE. The Retail specific DLC is only in regard to the normal game I presume.

However, the CE is retailer specific.

Allan Paris

That sucks GameStop won't take your money.

Why the hell are they breaking up their DLC between retailers? What point does that serve, only in the end to have it all on the market place?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD