System Frame data of all DOA4 characters

WAZAAAAA

The file archive contains official framedata of every character in the game for both the offline and online versions released by Team Ninja. In English and Japanese.
4.0 = vanilla unpatched Dead or Alive 4 version
4.1 = online patched Dead or Alive 4 version

21 characters included:
Ayane, Bankotsubo (known as Tengu), Bass, Bayman, Brad Wong, Christie, Ein, Eliot, Gen Fu, Hayabusa, Hayate, Helena, Hitomi, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Kokoro, La Mariposa, Leifang, Leon, Tina, Zack
2 characters excluded:
*Alpha-152 (non-playable boss)
*SPARTAN-458 (the developers forgot)

The character moves list includes all kinds of information about the properties of the attacks. Explanation preview here:
SGN2dik.png

DOWNLOAD
(230 MB) English and Japanese, original PDF documents
https://mega.co.nz/#!AYcQnJhR!vE89ylOUtyBCPp-rl3sXBOsH_R27Xkq8uxUvOsPwNWk
(30 MB) only English, PNG images
https://mega.co.nz/#!BdMkSazZ!Cn83XxzvQQ0fdQV_l7PGRUmmYPKqz-nJ_4RMUIW27nE

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

About SPARTAN-458: Apparently Forlorn Penguin took care to write her frame data for 4.0, so the only thing that is missing is her 4.1

When I will have more time I will probably update the FSD wiki too by adding images (if that doesn't look too cheap to you).

By the way, DOA generally lacks of frame data online, but it appears that such info can be found on official books for many of the games:
DOA2U - Dead or Alive Ultimate Best Shot
DOA4 - Dead or Alive 4 Official Guide Master File
DOAD - Dead or Alive: Dimensions Guide Book
Forlorn has them all, so go beg him like crazy lol! No but seriously, frame data is the holy grail of all fighting games, the more of it we have, the merrier. Anyone got those? Because I freaking need Jann Lee's and Hayabusa's DOA2U for example lol.

WAZAAAAA

There are errors in some frame data guides. For example, Leon's 33P in DOA4 was listed as 0 but is actually -2 on guard.
Well, tough shit. Why did they fail like that with their own game duh. Still better than nothing I guess, maybe the majority is correct information.
Will post info about the stages if I find enough, can't go wrong with those lol.

WAZAAAAA

Finished updating the FSD wiki with DOA 4.0 and 4.1 frame datas. Images being shallow looking or not, it's always better than having nothing. The images are hosted on imgur since the wiki doesn't allow attachments. Included a warning about the possible mistakes contained in them since Mr. Wah pointed it out. Example:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/hayabusa/

Also made an archive with English framedata converted from PDF to PNG for easier accessibility in case the previous 230 MB were too scary.
(30 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!BdMkSazZ!Cn83XxzvQQ0fdQV_l7PGRUmmYPKqz-nJ_4RMUIW27nE

Just saying.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm actually unsure as to whether or not the frame data that I updated for SPARTAN is from 4.0 or 4.1.

The data I added for her came from the Master File guide and I'm assuming that the Master File guide was printed after the other version, and therefore it may have also been printed after 4.1 and so that's the data it contains. Though again, I'm just assuming that and don't know for sure.

The data I added for Tengu came from the same book, so I made the same assumption for that as well.

Also, it's pretty awesome that you have all this info. Great find.

WAZAAAAA

I'm actually unsure as to whether or not the frame data that I updated for SPARTAN is from 4.0 or 4.1.

The data I added for her came from the Master File guide and I'm assuming that the Master File guide was printed after the other version, and therefore it may have also been printed after 4.1 and so that's the data it contains. Though again, I'm just assuming that and don't know for sure.

The data I added for Tengu came from the same book, so I made the same assumption for that as well.

Also, it's pretty awesome that you have all this info. Great find.
I also assume that SPARTAN's frame data in the wiki is the 4.0 one if it's true that you got it from the same source of Tengu 4.0
The Tengu you wrote should be 4.0 because some attacks have different command inputs. Try to compare them:
Tengu 4.0 official (penultimate page, Holds and Special Moves)
Tengu 4.1 official (penultimate page, Holds and Special Moves)
Your Tengu 4 transcribed (Holds and Other Moves section)

Now, if any attack command was changed to SPARTAN from 4.0 to 4.1 we could confirm what version the wiki page is. Any SPARTAN player knows? Or anyone that can play both SPARTAN's command trainings of 4.0 and 4.1 can test it?

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Wow. That's so weird. The command inputs for some of his holds and special moves aren't even accurate in the 4.1 guide. Like how it says his high holds are done with 214F instead of the actual 7F input. Or how his 7P and 9P are incorrectly listed as 214P and 236P, respectively.

Also, Tengu's P+K in DOA4 is never consistent on frame data charts. In the Master File guide that I have, there are two sections of the book that list the frame data for P+K, with one section listing the move as 13(2)23 and another section listing it as 12(3)23. The two separate listings switch one frame in the animation from start up to active.

Subway also mentions in his DOA4 Tengu guide that the move is 13 frames. However, in some of my testing, the move appeared to be 12 frames.

Now in the lists that you've provided, the 4.0 chart lists it as 13(2)23, and the 4.1 chart lists it as 13(3)23. Start up and recovery are the same between the two, but 4.1 is listed with one more active frame. It's basically saying that the patch added an extra active frame in the animation, but there's still the weird issue of the start up frame and active frame switching places in the Master File book.

Very weird.

Also, in DOAD, the in-game frame counter lists the start up of P+K as 12 frames and the frame data book for DOAD lists the move as 12(3)23, the same as the second listing in the DOA4 Master File book. Not the same game, I know, but since very little about Tengu changed from 4 to D, I suppose this is still worth mentioning.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
TN breaking the netplay barriers. They somehow made rollback that functions exactly as delayed for DOA4. Incredible. I must of just now been born.

It's delayed cosplaying as rollback and it's not even Halloween yet.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Right, but to falsely convince people to play it with make-believes makes you look silly.

"I love DOA4 so I must insert things that doesn't actually exist so that people can play it even if it's not real!". Really, all you had to ask was "Can someone play DOA4 with me" without adding unnecessary text.

But hey, maybe it does have rollback. A poorly implemented one.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
it is possible to play doa4 with good connection and no input lag

That's all you had to say man lol. Minus the input lag part. There is always input latency.

I think you can play with a solid connection. I still believe DOA runs better on the Xbox (at that time) vs the PS3 (using DOA5 as another example since it played better on Xbox imo) so since it's a DOA game, maybe yeah. Now with current gen, both console platforms pales in comparison to PC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD