Feature Request Front Page and Forum Proposals

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Through love and hate, I've been writing about Team NINJA for a while, and I have used DOA World as a central spot to write about the other games Team NINJA produces. Turns out, most of the offline community supports at least one other title in the Team NINJA conglomerate.

The "hardcore" audience preferring games like Nioh and Ninja Gaiden -- while the more casual players go with the Xtreme series -- if not everything that Team NINJA has to offer. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 has a thread here with over 300,000 views and over 8,000 replies... so if we don't have more of a spotlight for the rest of Team NINJA's games are we essentially alienating an audience?

This also tells me, that DOAW's core audience (that does enjoy discussing/hyping other TN projects) has actually become eclipsed by a single thread here alone over-time. I get that our primary focus should be the offline scene and promoting the offline scene whenever possible, but I believe that a portion of people want to see more coming out of the front page and the forum itself.

These are just proposals and ideas that can be dismissed, I will not feel bad about it:

- Expand games posted on the front page

With freestepdodge being the clear winner in views and active users for anything Team NINJA based outside of social media why not? I see this proposal being dismissed the quickest because of various content not having much meaning. We don't need a cluttered home page full of outfit hype posts... this does not necessarily promote the FSD name the way it should -- but what about:

Game Announcement/Release Date Posts: Would it hurt to give a spotlight post to upcoming games from Team NINJA's portfolio? One or two essentially? Not every announcement they make would garner a post, but it could attract more people into the DOA community, and it's a nice way to give Team NINJA some extra spotlight and also a way of saying thank you for donating so much of their time and money to the offline scene.

Competitive Speed Runs - Exploits - Glitches - Tutorials - Mods: Team NINJA's games have suuuuch steep learning curves. I learn something new still to this day every time I boot up my decade plus copy of Ninja Gaiden Black. The more people I talk to in the community about Ninja Gaiden the more I have learned.

Individuals like @CyberEvil who have done insane NG runs, or the modding and artistic PC community could have a place to post their talents as well. Everyone has a place in this community to compete with others or compete with themselves. It gives more opportunities to recognize hard work in Team NINJA's crossed over brands.

I agree that making a news post for all of Team NINJA's DLC costumes is a pretty pointless idea, but we could flesh out the front page a lot more -- especially in the really dry months of tournament play.

- An expanded forum to discuss all of Team NINJA's works

Now if the front page ideas are dismissed, my next idea is to also expand on the forum for Team NINJA's other games. Like a bubble with Ninja Gaiden | Dead or Alive Xtreme (maybe it would be best to keep it out of DOA general) | Nioh | Cross Development Projects

An accessible and user friendly place for the FSD community to explore the content of others.

I also do realize that adding features to a website takes work, and thought and even dedication. If given permissions I would not only help but I could man most of the front page material (though I think it would be awesome if everyone joined in). For the past year of transitioning from not being in school anymore to beginning a career -- I have finally discovered what I can do and how I can enjoy my hobby and keep it all together trimming all unnecessary things out along the way. And that is not always an easy thing to do, but as a media graduate I've always believed in convergence wherever you can see it; keeping it all together in a beautiful spot.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Nice write-up. I'll wait to see what @Mr. Wah has to say about it but I'm not opposed to a few more game-specific forums (so long as it stays with TN). As for the front page, and everyone knows I have plenty to say about the other TN games, I'm not sure I'd agree there. This is a Dead or Alive-focused site and the news should still be geared in that direction. That does mean we'll have dry spells from time to time without new DoA content (which you largely prevent by your lonesome) but the focus stays there. I would love to have an excuse to do a proper review of Nioh when it comes out but the thing is quite a few people here would. The forums are great for fostering that kind of discussion on their own without an official "FSD approved!" slant to any one specific one.

I'll leave my thoughts for things there for now but I'm supportive of everything short of the front page shifting focus.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Front page should be for DOA related articles and Competitive Fighting Game related articles including experiences at offline/online events.

As for separate forums for other games, I'll take it on a case-by-case basis, but basically start it out as a thread and if the thread or general board is too big to be contained within then it can be looked at for its own board.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think putting a forum bubble for other Team NINJA projects below the DOA games would suffice. The Ninja Gaiden forum became more popular after the Sub-Forum was made for it, but with the views DOAX3 has garnered, and Nioh beginning to rise I think they should at least be in the subforum drop box created exclusively for Ninja Gaiden currently.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD